"Application being processed further"

Old May 2nd 2008, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

k974 will become famous soon enough
Default "Application being processed further"

Hi All,

I'm originally from Ireland came to Australia in July 2005 on a 1year working holiday visa didnt plan on staying any longer but didnt go exactly to plan. Anyway in July 06 i left and returned on a 3month holiday visa, towards the end of that visa i got offered sponsorship on a 457 visa, took that job and the visa was approved in November. Then in april 07 changed jobs and the new company sponored me on a 457 visa.

Anyway this jan i appiled for my own 175 visa independat of the the company, have job offer and job is on the modl could have waited till Novemeber this year for the residency thru the employer but dedicded to go alone. Submitted it in Jan 24th going to add my details to your timeline thing.

work as a quantity surveyor, the company i'm with now offered me permanment sponsorhip in July 05 when i first got here but turned it down, if i'd taken it i'd have my passport now but hindsight is great.

anyway thats my background, yesterday when i checked my status its said "Application being processed further " i also submitted extra documents yesterday is this a standard repsonse of does it mean something????

Also to further complicate things my girlfriend is on a 1yr working holiday visa about to expire mid june 08. We've been living together since mid june 07 have all the proof etc. The company here are going to apply to put her on as a defacto on my 457 visa next month. Suppose she's on that and then august/sept sometime i get my residency, what his her situation then, when i apply to put her on my residency can she remain in australia on a bridging visa while it is being processed.?????

Thanks

Last edited by k974; May 2nd 2008 at 6:08 am.
Old May 2nd 2008, 4:45 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: "Application being processed further"

Jesus you had more visa than I did, didnt think that was possible...
Old May 2nd 2008, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

It sounds like you have a CO!!! Is it at the top of your log in page. Mine still says "Application received - processing commenced". From what I understand when this changes to "Application received - processing further" you have a CO. So congrats!!!

With regards to your partner once your 175 visa is activated the 457 will be canceled which means your girlfriend's visa will also be canceled. Best bet is to talk to an agent ASAP as you may need to include her as a Defacto on your 175 visa. This will need to be done quickly esp as it looks like you have a CO.
Old May 3rd 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mairead
It sounds like you have a CO!!! Is it at the top of your log in page. Mine still says "Application received - processing commenced". From what I understand when this changes to "Application received - processing further" you have a CO. So congrats!!!

With regards to your partner once your 175 visa is activated the 457 will be canceled which means your girlfriend's visa will also be canceled. Best bet is to talk to an agent ASAP as you may need to include her as a Defacto on your 175 visa. This will need to be done quickly esp as it looks like you have a CO.
thanks, i'm also from Cork.

anyone else reckon that its a case officer?? it would be ahead of other people no one else that appiled in Jan seems to have one?? how long till you hear from your case officer?? do they email you?

not too worried about the girlfriend as her work will sponsor her but she'd prefer the freedom.
Old May 3rd 2008, 1:22 pm
mrt
Forum Regular

mrt will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by k974
thanks, i'm also from Cork.

anyone else reckon that its a case officer?? it would be ahead of other people no one else that appiled in Jan seems to have one?? how long till you hear from your case officer?? do they email you?

not too worried about the girlfriend as her work will sponsor her but she'd prefer the freedom.
From what I have read on hear, it looks very likely that you have a CO!!!
But I am amazed that you have already got one, as if you follow the timeline, they seem to be up to mid-november on allocating a CO. Are you sponsored??
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:27 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by mrt
From what I have read on hear, it looks very likely that you have a CO!!!
But I am amazed that you have already got one, as if you follow the timeline, they seem to be up to mid-november on allocating a CO. Are you sponsored??
Hi guys,

Mine has also been moved to Application being processed further.

This could be good news.

Regards

Silverski
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

i'm in australia on a 457 visa, the compan i work for would have sponsored my residency in nov 08 but i decided to go for the 175 independant one myself in jan 08. work as a quantity surveyor want to make the most of the boom by not being tied to the employer any longer than i need to be. seems to be too early for a case officer tho?? how do you hear from them by email is it?
Old May 4th 2008, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

i've submitted everything inculding police clearances expecpt for my medicals? should i organise to do the medicals at this stage now??
Old May 4th 2008, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

i've submitted everything inculding police clearances expecpt for my medicals? should i organise to do the medicals at this stage now??
You may aswell organize the medicals now as you are already in Australia so the validity of the meds will not apply to you.
Old May 4th 2008, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

i'm in australia on a 457 visa, the compan i work for would have sponsored my residency in nov 08 but i decided to go for the 175 independant one myself in jan 08. work as a quantity surveyor want to make the most of the boom by not being tied to the employer any longer than i need to be. seems to be too early for a case officer tho?? how do you hear from them by email is it?
If you have everything submitted then the likleyhood is that the CO wouldn't contact you however as you say you have not sent in the medicals then you should get a request from your CO for the meds via email. I'd say the reason you have a CO so soon is that they are probably sorting the onshore applications faster than the offshores.

Silverski, Im unsure about your case as its a bit early for you to have a CO. Has it changed from "Application received - processing commenced" to "Application received - processing further" on the very top of your log in page? Mine has changed to processing further in the meds page however not on the log in page.
Old May 4th 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

bugdog has a spectacular aura aboutbugdog has a spectacular aura aboutbugdog has a spectacular aura about

Well if this is the case then i,ve had a case officer since day 2 of our application.we are Sept app lodged on 11/9 received-processing commenced,
12/9 app being processed further.Have,nt heard anything from them everything has been submitted,meds were sent last week,just the ielts to do.So if we,ve had a CO all this time would be great, but we didn,t even knowTheres me thinking that maybe we,d been forgotten
Old May 4th 2008, 10:48 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a bit of my timeline if it helps anyone :

Bank Manager certified all documents for free - 10/09/07
Submitted 175 online - 10/09/07
Payment taken - 10/09/07
TRN received - 10/09/07
Application Received, Processing Commenced (pre ack) - 10/09/07
PCC's sent for - 10/09/07
Application being processed further - 11/09/07
Finished uploading all documents - 17/09/07
Meds & X-Rays done (unrequested) - 26 & 28/09/07
Case Officer Allocated via email (full ack)- 02/10/07
File Ref No via email - 02/10/07
Meds & Police Checks Requested by CO via email - 02/10/07
Meds sent to LCU by courier - 04/10/07
Meds received in LCU - 08/10/07
Police checks received by CO - 22/10/07
Meds Finalised - 30/10/07
Everything on Status Page changed to 'met' - 30/11/07
Visa Grant Dated - 30/11/07
Email with Visa Grant - 03/12/07

Hope this helps,
Beth x x

Last edited by BethandAndrew; May 4th 2008 at 10:58 am.
Old May 4th 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

llanfachreth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Here's a bit of my timeline if it helps anyone :

Bank Manager certified all documents for free - 10/09/07
Submitted 175 online - 10/09/07
Payment taken - 10/09/07
TRN received - 10/09/07
Application Received, Processing Commenced (pre ack) - 10/09/07
PCC's sent for - 10/09/07
Application being processed further - 11/09/07
Finished uploading all documents - 17/09/07
Meds & X-Rays done (unrequested) - 26 & 28/09/07
Case Officer Allocated via email (full ack)- 02/10/07
File Ref No via email - 02/10/07
Meds & Police Checks Requested by CO via email - 02/10/07
Meds sent to LCU by courier - 04/10/07
Meds received in LCU - 08/10/07
Police checks received by CO - 22/10/07
Meds Finalised - 30/10/07
Everything on Status Page changed to 'met' - 30/11/07
Visa Grant Dated - 30/11/07
Email with Visa Grant - 03/12/07

Hope this helps,
Beth x x
How did you receive a CO so quickly?
Old May 4th 2008, 1:15 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by llanfachreth
How did you receive a CO so quickly?
We were ready to submit in May 07 for a 495 SIR visa to SA........but found out about the 175 visa coming out in Sept 07 with extra points for passing the IELTS test.
We could have also applied for a 136 if we paid $100,000 for 5 extra points, but luckily thought the better of doing that!!!
We submitted our 175 application online in early Sept 07 and it seemed that the first say 2 weeks of Sept applicants were allocated a case officer very quickly before a backlog occurred of 175 applicants, as DIAC had certain staff working solely on the new 175 applicants so no backlog at this point.
We were just very lucky in our timing when we submitted.
Beth x x
Old May 4th 2008, 10:38 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mairead
If you have everything submitted then the likleyhood is that the CO wouldn't contact you however as you say you have not sent in the medicals then you should get a request from your CO for the meds via email. I'd say the reason you have a CO so soon is that they are probably sorting the onshore applications faster than the offshores.

Silverski, Im unsure about your case as its a bit early for you to have a CO. Has it changed from "Application received - processing commenced" to "Application received - processing further" on the very top of your log in page? Mine has changed to processing further in the meds page however not on the log in page.

Hi all
Confusion still abounds.

On the Electronic Application status page. our application shows as Application being processed further.

The time line on this is as follows.

10.04.08 Application recieved - processing commenced.
10.04.08 Application fee received
18.04.08 Application being processed further.

Hopefully this is good news.

Regards

Silverski

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.