aos nightmare

Old Mar 11th 2007, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

moondust7 has a spectacular aura aboutmoondust7 has a spectacular aura aboutmoondust7 has a spectacular aura about
Default aos nightmare

Just had an email from my AOS in austraila to say that he has been refused as AOS. He hasn't even had an interview and has be back and fore about 7 times to provide documentation. It says in the letter that he also didn't provide enough identification but this was all checked out by my agent (who has been very good so far) at the beginning of the process. Can we appeal his refusal? I have no idea what to do now. On a 139 does it have to be a relative who is AOS?
Old Mar 11th 2007, 4:48 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aos nightmare

Hi Moondust,

Sorry to hear about the AoS problems, we also had lots of problems with it.

No, your Assurer does not have to be a relative. As long as they can show evidence of income for the last 2 years of over $40k-ish.

Alternatively, you could use a company to provide the AoS but this is very expensive.

I believe you can appeal a Centrelink decision, but maybe it would be easier to just find someone else?
Old Mar 11th 2007, 5:08 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh boy Moondust, so sorry to hear this. ws99 is correct that it does not have to be a relative who provides aos and that you can appeal. I do hope you get this sorted out.

Lou
xx
Old Mar 11th 2007, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moondust7
Just had an email from my AOS in austraila to say that he has been refused as AOS. He hasn't even had an interview and has be back and fore about 7 times to provide documentation. It says in the letter that he also didn't provide enough identification but this was all checked out by my agent (who has been very good so far) at the beginning of the process. Can we appeal his refusal? I have no idea what to do now. On a 139 does it have to be a relative who is AOS?
I am so so so sorry, as you know I am still going through this process myself and am dreading it in case we turn out this way. My Aunt was refused initially as she did not earn enough but my Uncle does so he has put all his paperwork in and had a telephone interview and apparently has been told that everything is OK just need last years tax return.

Basically the only reason I can think of that your AOS was refused must be not enough income. I am so sorry. If you do a search under AOS you will find Icequeens thread she used a company in the end as her relatives let her down. Icequeen may be able to offer advice. I think it cost her thousands of £ in the end but I suppose at least she got her Visa.

I am so so sorry and as you know I am still going through this as well so know how you feel. Does your cousin have any mates that would be willing to join forces as you can have more than one assurer to make up the income amount required for covarage?

Cheryl
Old Mar 11th 2007, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

moondust7 has a spectacular aura aboutmoondust7 has a spectacular aura aboutmoondust7 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
I am so so so sorry, as you know I am still going through this process myself and am dreading it in case we turn out this way. My Aunt was refused initially as she did not earn enough but my Uncle does so he has put all his paperwork in and had a telephone interview and apparently has been told that everything is OK just need last years tax return.

Basically the only reason I can think of that your AOS was refused must be not enough income. I am so sorry. If you do a search under AOS you will find Icequeens thread she used a company in the end as her relatives let her down. Icequeen may be able to offer advice. I think it cost her thousands of £ in the end but I suppose at least she got her Visa.

I am so so sorry and as you know I am still going through this as well so know how you feel. Does your cousin have any mates that would be willing to join forces as you can have more than one assurer to make up the income amount required for covarage?

Cheryl
if it is income then my cousin is married and together they def earn enough. I'm going to try and ring tonight to try and find out more. I think they are becoming increasing annoyed at all the running around they have been doing as he has now been to centrelink on 7 occassions only to get a letter to say no before an interview.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

if it is income then my cousin is married and together they def earn enough. I'm going to try and ring tonight to try and find out more. I think they are becoming increasing annoyed at all the running around they have been doing as he has now been to centrelink on 7 occassions only to get a letter to say no before an interview.

I think if your cousin in married then that would be great and I understand that they get fed up with running around but maybe you could offer an incentive? dont know how close you are to them but maybe they can keep the bond money at the end of 2 years?. Basically it will cost you loads more to go to a company so selfishly if you can pull this one out of the bag then this is the better option.

My Aunt was in this very situation she had been down a few times with proof of PR and all the other paperwork required (she has her own business so loads of income paperwork) and then a couple of weeks later they phoned her and said she did not meat the criteria, when she questioned they said she did not earn enough. My Aunt was so mad as they had not made this clear early on when she went through all the paperwork in the Centrelink office. Anyway the long and short of it is my Uncle is now my AOS (non direct relative) and second time around still trouble as they have asked for more info on tax return from last year. He has passed the AOS apparently so my Aunt says but they need the admin paperwork to support.

I would say if your cousins wife/husband is willing this could all be done quite quickly as they have been through it all before so no more 7!!!! trips as it is clearer to them this time.

Best of luck,

Cheryl
Old Mar 11th 2007, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

I presume she has at least 2 years as Permanent Resident and has not been AOS for anyone before? This will affect her eligibility to be your AOS

Cheryl
Old Mar 11th 2007, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

I presume she has at least 2 years as Permanent Resident and has not been AOS for anyone before? This will affect her eligibility to be your AOS

Cheryl
yeah he has been there for 26 years. I am sooo stressed, I just feel like crying. I can see my visa slipping away. I can't wait until they are out of bed later.

If he didn't earn enough would they tell him that in the letter? He should have been ok with income mind cos this was checked by my agent back in sept/ I am slightly confused by the fact that they said that he hadn't produced enough identification? maybe he is simply missing some paperwork - but why don't they just say that....
Old Mar 11th 2007, 6:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

You are confused about the rules - there is a limit on doing AOS for more than two adults at the same time.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
You are confused about the rules - there is a limit on doing AOS for more than two adults at the same time.

Yes but Moondust is two adults !!! so if he AOS for anyone else he could not be one for Moondust family, isnt that correct

Cheryl
Old Mar 11th 2007, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Yes but Moondust is two adults !!! so if he AOS for anyone else he could not be one for Moondust family, isnt that correct

Cheryl
I am going to oz on my own and he hasn't sponsored anyone before so it will only be me.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

yeah he has been there for 26 years. I am sooo stressed, I just feel like crying. I can see my visa slipping away. I can't wait until they are out of bed later.

If he didn't earn enough would they tell him that in the letter? He should have been ok with income mind cos this was checked by my agent back in sept/ I am slightly confused by the fact that they said that he hadn't produced enough identification? maybe he is simply missing some paperwork - but why don't they just say that....
Moondust I am confused by that as well listen why dont you read factsheet "proving your identity to Centrelink" from Centrelink website. You can also read SU594 which is the form your AOS had to fill out. After reading this you will understand what they had to produce in the way of documentation and evidence. Basically all the info you need is on Centrelink website AOS

Inform yourself before ringing your cousin,

Just a 139er not an agent so maybe you should ask your agents advice but I would also inform myself by reading up on the documentation so that you can ask all the questions with some background info. I dont have an agent and did this myself,

Cheryl
Old Mar 11th 2007, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Moondust I am confused by that as well listen why dont you read factsheet "proving your identity to Centrelink" from Centrelink website. You can also read SU594 which is the form your AOS had to fill out. After reading this you will understand what they had to produce in the way of documentation and evidence. Basically all the info you need is on Centrelink website AOS

Inform yourself before ringing your cousin,

Just a 139er not an agent so maybe you should ask your agents advice but I would also inform myself by reading up on the documentation so that you can ask all the questions with some background info. I dont have an agent and did this myself,

Cheryl
Thanks very much cheryl. I will get reading now.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am going to oz on my own and he hasn't sponsored anyone before so it will only be me.

Appologies moondust confused you with Easdales

Cheryl
Old Mar 11th 2007, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Appologies moondust confused you with Easdales

Cheryl
looking at the form he had to fill out and the fact sheet about identification the only thing i can think of is that he didn't provide at least 100 points worth of documents. But shorly if he has been back and for that many times they were asking him for different documents. Oh i don't know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.