Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

AoS bond requested by Centerlink - subclass 139

AoS bond requested by Centerlink - subclass 139

Old Sep 29th 2004, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

ajthompson is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: AoS bond requested by Centerlink - subclass 139

Originally Posted by tbeb
Heard anything yet? It's 10 weeks since it was passed from DIMIA to Centerlink (7th July), the bond was paid in and assuror ok'd on 30 August, but nothing since for me.

TBEB

No nothing as yet... Have you read the thread concerning the letter from Adelaide Processing Centre? It has some useful info, ie, those pre July applicants (Designated Area Sponsered and Jobs in demand) should be processed by the end of September. So watch this space.....
Old Sep 29th 2004, 8:26 pm
Go dogs!

tbeb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AoS bond requested by Centerlink - subclass 139

Originally Posted by ajthompson
No nothing as yet... Have you read the thread concerning the letter from Adelaide Processing Centre? It has some useful info, ie, those pre July applicants (Designated Area Sponsered and Jobs in demand) should be processed by the end of September. So watch this space.....
Yes, I have been following it with interest :-) But this assumes Centerlink have passed the paperwork back to DIMIA to process it by tomorrow (end of Sep).

TBEB
Old Sep 30th 2004, 6:27 am
kg
Forum Regular

kg is on a distinguished road

It really won't be long now... In June DIMIA promised to process all July applicants within 25 weeks... just think of how long we'v all come... deep breaths and remember the watched kettle that never boils...

We all need a bloody holiday!!!!!!
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

flowerkris is an unknown quantity at this point

[B] Congratulations !
You are lucky.[B]

Our AoS transferred to Centrelink at the end of August and after one month nothing is happening. Today is 30th September. But there isn't a call to our assuror for interview & bond.

Fingers crossed.

Good Luck with you one !
Old Sep 30th 2004, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: AoS bond requested by Centerlink - subclass 139

Originally Posted by flowerkris
[B] Congratulations !
You are lucky.[B]

Our AoS transferred to Centrelink at the end of August and after one month nothing is happening. Today is 30th September. But there isn't a call to our assuror for interview & bond.

Fingers crossed.

Good Luck with you one !
We know the feeling all we are waiting for is the phone call for the passports, its driving us crazy as we are helpless in the sense that we cannot contact Dimia as our agent has to do it,And now we have paid them there fees i dont think they are bothered that much, as found out every time i ring them.
Good Luck are thoughts are with you and every body who is going through the same thing.
Will keep you posted.
AJT
Old Sep 30th 2004, 7:08 pm
kg
Forum Regular

How familiar that sounds! We've paid our agent the final fee and things have been pretty short ever since! Not really any of the kindness shown in the early days before waiting for their big fat cheque!
Old Sep 30th 2004, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kg
How familiar that sounds! We've paid our agent the final fee and things have been pretty short ever since! Not really any of the kindness shown in the early days before waiting for their big fat cheque!
I WOULD NEVER USE AN AGENT AGAIN.it feels as if we are at the back of the line since we paid them, we cant wait till this nightmare is over, waiting for the phone to ring or the postie to turn up and he turns up at about 12o'clock.
We will get there soon, keep you all posted.
AJT.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Sherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the rough

Well done you are nearly there, most people have said the assurer does not have an interview just the bond proccess, keep us all informed.
AJT
We are also applying for a 139 skilled sponsered designated visa and are post july applicants. Got a letter from DIMIA requesting meds and pccs on 26 August and our assurer in Altona, Melbourne has been given a date of 15 October for the AoS interview..... was told this was the earliest available time!!
Seems to have taken quite a while to arrange the interview but our assurer has to attend.
I think the change in system has perhaps caused a delay (poss. glut of AoS interviews).
We will have to ask for an extension to the 42 days they gave us to complete the assurance of support, but it is centrelink and not our fault!!
Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sherie
We are also applying for a 139 skilled sponsered designated visa and are post july applicants. Got a letter from DIMIA requesting meds and pccs on 26 August and our assurer in Altona, Melbourne has been given a date of 15 October for the AoS interview..... was told this was the earliest available time!!
Seems to have taken quite a while to arrange the interview but our assurer has to attend.
I think the change in system has perhaps caused a delay (poss. glut of AoS interviews).
We will have to ask for an extension to the 42 days they gave us to complete the assurance of support, but it is centrelink and not our fault!!
Hi we are pre july applicants, we just caught the start of it but still waiting, i thought this was to make things quicker, well blow me down with a feather i wish it was quicker we would be out there by now, i feel sorry for them though they must be right under the pressure, with everyone contacting them, we will be all sorted out in time(hope not too long).
When does the 42 days run out.
Old Sep 30th 2004, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Sherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the rough

Hi we are pre july applicants, we just caught the start of it but still waiting, i thought this was to make things quicker, well blow me down with a feather i wish it was quicker we would be out there by now, i feel sorry for them though they must be right under the pressure, with everyone contacting them, we will be all sorted out in time(hope not too long).
When does the 42 days run out.
Our AoS letter says this must be complied with in 42 days of the date of the DIMIA AoS letter.
I don't know why they expect us to sort out AoS quicker than meds and pccs, when we couldn't arrange an early enough appt with Centrelink?

Any others had these problems?
Old Oct 1st 2004, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

John & Maggie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sherie
Our AoS letter says this must be complied with in 42 days of the date of the DIMIA AoS letter.
I don't know why they expect us to sort out AoS quicker than meds and pccs, when we couldn't arrange an early enough appt with Centrelink?

Any others had these problems?
Yes, we have had the same problem. Unless your assuror contacts Centrelink within the 1st week or 2 then I guess the 42 days deadline will be hard to achieve. Our assuror contacted Centrelink yesterday and the first appointment she was offered was 20th Oct Our 42 day deadline is the 18th Oct so we will have to ask Dimmia for an extention. We have been told by our agent that there will be problem with this request
Old Oct 1st 2004, 3:11 pm
kg
Forum Regular

Can you please explain how you knew to ask your assurer to contact centrelink. I have not heard a thing since posting off meds and pcc and neither has our assurer... ive asked our agent to find this out but he says we will receive a letter... which we have not!!! Our meds were posted in August.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 4:55 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kg
Can you please explain how you knew to ask your assurer to contact centrelink. I have not heard a thing since posting off meds and pcc and neither has our assurer... ive asked our agent to find this out but he says we will receive a letter... which we have not!!! Our meds were posted in August.

Hi kg

When we rec'd our first communication from the DIMIA there was a letter requesting Meds,PCC and also a change of Circumstances Form. Also a seperate letter Titled Assurance of Support. This letter states it must be sent directly to our Assurer.

Hope this is helpful.

One thing I will add is that we hadn't given DIMIA any information with our visa application as to who our assurer would be. I don't know if the system is different if you have already given them the Assurer details with your App.

Julia
Old Oct 1st 2004, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John & Maggie
Yes, we have had the same problem. Unless your assuror contacts Centrelink within the 1st week or 2 then I guess the 42 days deadline will be hard to achieve. Our assuror contacted Centrelink yesterday and the first appointment she was offered was 20th Oct Our 42 day deadline is the 18th Oct so we will have to ask Dimmia for an extention. We have been told by our agent that there will be problem with this request
Spoke to our agent today who reckons because of the changeover from DIMIA to Centrelink that there are about 9000 AoS requests at the moment that need processing(!!!) and extra staff are being taken on by Centrelink to try and get thro the backlog.
So we are not alone in finding delays in sorting out AoS. Our agent was pleased we had managed to get so early a date(took 6 weeks from phone call to get the appointment!!)so he said it shouldnt be a problem.
There are obviously lots of us in the same boat. Post July applics are being processed quickly but the Aos changes can't cope!!

Last edited by Sherie; Oct 1st 2004 at 6:17 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 4:54 pm
kg
Forum Regular

Thankyou to all who've mentioned Centerlink... after all my moaning and worrying we received the letter today which i need to forward to our assurer - phew... but still some wait to go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.