Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

AoS bond requested by Centerlink - subclass 139

AoS bond requested by Centerlink - subclass 139

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 4:41 pm
Go dogs!

tbeb will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up AoS bond requested by Centerlink - subclass 139

Assuror received a letter from Centerlink today requesting assuror bond and interview. Nearly there....yippee :-)

TBEB

Timeline is:

15 Mar 2004 Successful ACS assessment (2231-79)
18 Mar 2004 Posted application to DIMIA
17 May 2004 Acknowledgement from DIMIA - application date of 23 Mar 2004
11 Jun 2004 Medicals and police checks requested
07 Jul 2004 Medicals and police checks sent off
07 Aug 2004 Application transferred to Centerlink for AoS bond
23 Aug 2004 Centerlink requesting AoS bond and interview from assuror
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: AoS bond requested by Centerlink - subclass 139

MAny congrats.

SS
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 5:27 pm
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: AoS bond requested by Centerlink - subclass 139

[QUOTE=tbeb]Assuror received a letter from Centerlink today requesting assuror bond and interview. Nearly there....yippee :-)

TBEB

That's great news shouldn't be long now then !!!! nice one ....

We shouldn't be far behind ( hopefully )... Same 139 type visa, our meds and police checks arrived in Adelaide today, so hopefully within the month or there abouts, we'll be at your stage ... fingers crossed.

Q. Have you had any contact from DIMIA acknowledging your meds are all clear , or have Centrelink contacted yourselves asking to sort out a bond ??

I'm sure we have to submit a bond aswell as the assurer !!! so i would imagine there would be some contact from themselves or DIMIA asking for this at the same time ?

Where are you heading for ?
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 7:53 pm
Go dogs!

[QUOTE=C.Owen]
Originally Posted by tbeb
Assuror received a letter from Centerlink today requesting assuror bond and interview. Nearly there....yippee :-)

TBEB

That's great news shouldn't be long now then !!!! nice one ....

We shouldn't be far behind ( hopefully )... Same 139 type visa, our meds and police checks arrived in Adelaide today, so hopefully within the month or there abouts, we'll be at your stage ... fingers crossed.

Q. Have you had any contact from DIMIA acknowledging your meds are all clear , or have Centrelink contacted yourselves asking to sort out a bond ??

I'm sure we have to submit a bond aswell as the assurer !!! so i would imagine there would be some contact from themselves or DIMIA asking for this at the same time ?

Where are you heading for ?
Cheers, we were beginning to think they'd forgotton about us. Supposed to be a fast track system for 139s! Maybe yours will go a bit quicker as they appear to be getting into the swing of things now.

We got a letter dated 7th August from DIMIA saying that the application had been passed to Centerlink, so I assume they would only do this if both the medicals and police checks were OK. Centerlink then sent a letter to our assuror on 18th August, which she received today.

If you are a 139 - designated area sponsored your assuror will only need to provide a bond of $3500 for the main applicant plus $1500 for each over 18. Yep, you should now get a similar letter from DIMIA once it's passed to Centerlink. So you'll probably hear a week or so before your assuror. They get their own letter with additional stuff and instructions on placing the bond. They have to go to Centerlink with the receipt for placing the bond in the account and also have an interview.

We are looking to settle in Sunbury, just west of Melbourne. What about you?

TBEB
Old Aug 24th 2004, 10:57 am
Now..just your usual Pom

tbeb

Thanks for the info ... i hope this last stage goes smoothly and quickly for you, then you'll soon be booking those flights.

We are heading out to Gympie , Queensland ... Hoping to be heading out some time between Christmas and Easter, IF or WHEN we get the green light, we will then stick the house on the market, they are getting snapped up quick so should'nt be too much of a problem selling.

Keep us informed on your progress from this point on .
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

ajthompson is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: AoS bond requested by Centerlink - subclass 139

[QUOTE=tbeb]Assuror received a letter from Centerlink today requesting assuror bond and interview. Nearly there....yippee :-)

TBEB

Timeline is:

15 Mar 2004 Successful ACS assessment (2231-79)
18 Mar 2004 Posted application to DIMIA
17 May 2004 Acknowledgement from DIMIA - application date of 23 Mar 2004
11 Jun 2004 Medicals and police checks requested
07 Jul 2004 Medicals and police checks sent off
07 Aug 2004 Application transferred to Centerlink for AoS bond
23 Aug 2004 Centerlink requesting AoS bond and interview from assuror
08 Sept 2004 Centerlink have approved our bond and assurer all passed back to Dimia for final OK, YippEEEEEE last Hurdle.

Hi,

That's fantastic news!

We recieved a letter dated 30 July regarding the transfer to Centrelink for the AoS bond. It is good to hear that things are on the move, and hope to hear ourselves very soon.....

Last edited by ajthompson; Sep 9th 2004 at 9:22 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:25 pm
Go dogs!

Originally Posted by ajthompson
Hi,

That's fantastic news!

We recieved a letter dated 30 July regarding the transfer to Centrelink for the AoS bond. It is good to hear that things are on the move, and hope to hear ourselves very soon.....
AoS bond has been paid into the bank and hopefully our assuror will have the interview tomorrow, just waiting to hear from them. Be interesting to see how long the visa grant letter takes once the Centrelink interview has been successfully completed.

Not that there's any great rush at the moment, we've still got to sell the house yet!

TBEB
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:29 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

AoS bond has been paid into the bank and hopefully our assuror will have the interview tomorrow, just waiting to hear from them. Be interesting to see how long the visa grant letter takes once the Centrelink interview has been successfully completed.

Not that there's any great rush at the moment, we've still got to sell the house yet!

TBEB
Here's hope: our sponsor had interview with Centrelink 8th August, grant letter 19th by e mail. Passports at AHC in London as I write.

Hope all of yours is as quick as ours.

Good luck

Walla
Old Aug 26th 2004, 10:03 pm
Go dogs!

Originally Posted by walla1
Here's hope: our sponsor had interview with Centrelink 8th August, grant letter 19th by e mail. Passports at AHC in London as I write.

Hope all of yours is as quick as ours.

Good luck

Walla
Thanks Walla, 11 days after the interview would do me fine...might even get it before next weekend then...and how we will celebrate :-)

I though they sent the grant notification in the infamous 'yellow' envelope though?

So, when are you off then?

TBEB
Old Aug 27th 2004, 5:47 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Walla, 11 days after the interview would do me fine...might even get it before next weekend then...and how we will celebrate :-)

I though they sent the grant notification in the infamous 'yellow' envelope though?

So, when are you off then?

TBEB
Hi

Yes we were notified by e mail and were told the e mail would suffice to have our passports evidenced, sent them off Tuesday so should be back very soon, that's if Royal Snail don't lose them.

We recieved the famous "little yellow" 5 days after the e mail, keeping the envelope for prosperity!! I think it depends on your CO whether they e mail you or not.

We arrive in Perth on 21st September after 2 days in London and 2 days in Singapore.

Hope you hear soon, the wait is a killer!!

Walla

Last edited by walla1; Aug 27th 2004 at 6:35 am.
Old Aug 27th 2004, 6:35 am
Go dogs!

Originally Posted by walla1
Hi

Yes we were notified by e mail and told the e mail would suffice to have our passports eveidenced, sent them off Tuesday so should be back very soon, that's if Royal Snail don't lose them.

We recieved the famous "little yellow" 5 days after the e mail, keeping the envelope for prosperity!! I think it depends on your CO whether they e mail you or not.

We arrive in Perth on 21st September after 2 days in London and 2 days in Singapore.

Hope you hear soon, the wait is a killer!!

Walla
I think I'll get that yellow letter framed! I think it will have been the most expensive and difficult to acquire piece of paper in the whole world!

Perth, nice. Mate of mine moved to Perth 8 months ago and has just bought his house after renting for 6 months. He loves it there.

TBEB
Old Aug 27th 2004, 9:03 am
Now..just your usual Pom

Talking Re: AoS bond requested by Centerlink - subclass 139

I think I'll get that yellow letter framed! I think it will have been the most expensive and difficult to acquire piece of paper in the whole world!

Perth, nice. Mate of mine moved to Perth 8 months ago and has just bought his house after renting for 6 months. He loves it there.

TBEB
Things are looking positive for us all )

It's all happening ......

I got home yesterday to find a letter from agent, enclosed was a letter from DIMIA saying they had passed it on to Centrelink and they will be contacting my assurer for the bond .... not bad !! only 7 days after meds arrived on their desk in Adelaide.
Lets hope the final stages go as smooth and quickly as this ...

Now i'm, getting anxious and a bit excited and i'll ditto waht you said about the yellow letter !!!
[QUOTE=tbeb]I think I'll get that yellow letter framed! I think it will have been the most expensive and difficult to acquire piece of paper in the whole world! .... your'e not kidding !!!

Craig n Corinne
Old Aug 27th 2004, 5:08 pm
Go dogs!

[QUOTE=C.Owen]Things are looking positive for us all )

It's all happening ......

I got home yesterday to find a letter from agent, enclosed was a letter from DIMIA saying they had passed it on to Centrelink and they will be contacting my assurer for the bond .... not bad !! only 7 days after meds arrived on their desk in Adelaide.
Lets hope the final stages go as smooth and quickly as this ...

Now i'm, getting anxious and a bit excited and i'll ditto waht you said about the yellow letter !!!
I think I'll get that yellow letter framed! I think it will have been the most expensive and difficult to acquire piece of paper in the whole world! .... your'e not kidding !!!

Craig n Corinne
Good stuff :-)

Calling our assuror at the weekend to find out how it went with Centrelink, and so I can order a posh frame for said 'yellow envelope' ;-)

TBEB
Old Aug 27th 2004, 7:05 pm
Keeping it fairly real

TBEB
Hi tbeb

Yeah frame it, I agree it is an expensive yellow envelope!! BTW the passports got back safely so we are def on our way now. 25 days and counting.

Walla
Old Aug 28th 2004, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

ajthompson is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: AoS bond requested by Centerlink - subclass 139

Originally Posted by ajthompson
Hi,

That's fantastic news!

Update....

Assurer received letter from Centelink requesting bond (letter dated 23 August), bond sent 26 August.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.