AOS Bond depend on VISA Type?

Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

mapusok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Bond depend on VISA Type?

Hi to all,

I hope someone can give me an information on number of years AOS will be covered to my case.

I got this from form 990i Charges(fees) - Assurance of Support

For the primary applicant
contributory parent visa A$10,000
all other visas A$3,500
For other family members 18 years of age included in the application who must be covered by the bond
contributory parent visa A$4,000
all other visas A$1,500

Can someone assist me to estimate the bond based on above information pertaining to my Application:
PR VISA Class 138 - Australian Sponsored (Primary Applicant with wife and kid)
ASCO Code: 2231-17

Thank you...
Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: AOS Bond depend on VISA Type?

Assuming your "child" is under age 18 then the bond for your situation would be $5000. This is typical for most family units that migrate as there are usually only 2 adults in the family, the husband and wife. If you do happen to have a dependent child over age 18 migrating with you then the bond would be $6500. Note that if this was the case you would also need 2 separate assurers as one assurer can only cover 2 adults at one time.

Cheers,
Brian

Originally Posted by mapusok
Hi to all,

I hope someone can give me an information on number of years AOS will be covered to my case.

I got this from form 990i Charges(fees) - Assurance of Support

For the primary applicant
contributory parent visa A$10,000
all other visas A$3,500
For other family members 18 years of age included in the application who must be covered by the bond
contributory parent visa A$4,000
all other visas A$1,500

Can someone assist me to estimate the bond based on above information pertaining to my Application:
PR VISA Class 138 - Australian Sponsored (Primary Applicant with wife and kid)
ASCO Code: 2231-17

Thank you...
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

mapusok is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brian0
Assuming your "child" is under age 18 then the bond for your situation would be $5000. This is typical for most family units that migrate as there are usually only 2 adults in the family, the husband and wife. If you do happen to have a dependent child over age 18 migrating with you then the bond would be $6500. Note that if this was the case you would also need 2 separate assurers as one assurer can only cover 2 adults at one time.

Cheers,
Brian
Brian thank you very much for a very clear explanation... It was highly appreciated...

Another and this might be out of the topic. But would anyone here care to tell me the requirments of 138 sponsorship. I mean for assurer supporting documents. I only know the following:
1. Family tree to show the relationship between assurer and assuree.
2. AOS Bond to Centrelink.

Anything that I missed?...

Thank you again...
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mapusok
Brian thank you very much for a very clear explanation... It was highly appreciated...

Another and this might be out of the topic. But would anyone here care to tell me the requirments of 138 sponsorship. I mean for assurer supporting documents. I only know the following:
1. Family tree to show the relationship between assurer and assuree.
2. AOS Bond to Centrelink.

Anything that I missed?...

Thank you again...
I think you might be confusing sponsor and assurer. They are often, but don't have to be, the same person. You don't include your assurer on your family tree, that is your sponsor to whom you need to demonstrate your close relationship.

As I understand it, sponsorship is a commitment to help your relative and their family settle and integrate in Australia by providing things such as accommodation, orientation to their new location, etc. This is form 40 that you sbumit with your main appl.

Assurer has the financial responsibility. They will be the one to approach centrelink once you get your aos request. Posting the bond, and signing Centrelink forms, and providing evidence of income and citizenship/pr.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

It does sound like the usual confusion over the roles of Sponsor and Assurer. The requirements to be a sponsor for a 138 are simply the requirement of being related (in a specific way - ie: sibling, uncle, aunt, etc) to the main applicant. Note that the main applicant does not have to be the one who satisfies the basic requirements of skill, age, etc, but does need to be the one who is related to the sponsor. For a 139 sponsor they also need to have been living in the designated area for >1 year and have documented proof of that via bills/bank records, etc.

Requirements for the Assurer are more tangible (ie: income). The assurer does not need to be related to you in any way, but simply need to be willing to sign a form with CentreLink which makes them responsible for any outlays which CentreLink makes to the immigrants in the first 2 years. This is in part what the bond is supposed to cover, and will be held back first, but the assurer is responsible for all outlays CentreLink makes to the assurees above and beyond the bond amount. This is typically why assurer tend to be relatives - you know the old saying - "blood is thicker than water".

Cheers,
Brian

Originally Posted by happymum
I think you might be confusing sponsor and assurer. They are often, but don't have to be, the same person. You don't include your assurer on your family tree, that is your sponsor to whom you need to demonstrate your close relationship.

As I understand it, sponsorship is a commitment to help your relative and their family settle and integrate in Australia by providing things such as accommodation, orientation to their new location, etc. This is form 40 that you sbumit with your main appl.

Assurer has the financial responsibility. They will be the one to approach centrelink once you get your aos request. Posting the bond, and signing Centrelink forms, and providing evidence of income and citizenship/pr.

Hope this helps. Good luck!