Aos Bond

Old Oct 31st 2005, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

helenc will become famous soon enoughhelenc will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Aos Bond

Hi,

I am sponsoring my sister in law and her family. I have done my interview with Centrelink. They have asked for the bond and the deadline is on the 3rd of November which is 14 days from my interview. My question is what happens if I am not able to lodge the bond by this date? I only have A$ 3,500 so far and I need A$ 1,500 more.

Hmmm, Maybe I should bet on a horse today being Melbourne Cup and hope that I win.

Any comments please...

Thanks,

Helen
Old Oct 31st 2005, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aos Bond

Originally Posted by helenc
Hi,

I am sponsoring my sister in law and her family. I have done my interview with Centrelink. They have asked for the bond and the deadline is on the 3rd of November which is 14 days from my interview. My question is what happens if I am not able to lodge the bond by this date? I only have A$ 3,500 so far and I need A$ 1,500 more.

Hmmm, Maybe I should bet on a horse today being Melbourne Cup and hope that I win.

Any comments please...

Thanks,

Helen
Ask your sister in law for the money. We wouldn't of dreamed of asking our assuror to pay the bond.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 12:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by joho
Ask your sister in law for the money. We wouldn't of dreamed of asking our assuror to pay the bond.
Hi,

I did but they dont have that kind of money too. They're trying to raise the money but up to now, nothing.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 12:14 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I did but they dont have that kind of money too. They're trying to raise the money but up to now, nothing.

With respect, if they can't afford a few thousand dollars for the AOS bond, how are they going to afford the much higher cost of actually making the move?

Jeremy
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
With respect, if they can't afford a few thousand dollars for the AOS bond, how are they going to afford the much higher cost of actually making the move?

Jeremy
I understand your comment. They are expecting some money but not until early next year. They are also disposing a property.

Just need some feedback as I dont know if I should ring Centrelink and ask for additional time.

Helen
Old Nov 1st 2005, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I would certainly ask for an extension, you are cutting it really fine though. Could your sister not apply for a credit card short term and stick it on there, you can get cash out at most banks from a credit card, It would only be about £650 as you have already raised the $3500.

Jo
Old Nov 1st 2005, 6:53 am

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

I appreciate that this is stating the obvious, but one would have thought the applicants would have made arrangements for this, or submitted the application later until funds were available.

A bank loan, overdraught facility, drawing on your mortgage, family loan are possible solutions.

It would be a great shame to get rejected due to a severe lack of foresight.

Hi,

Any comments please...

Thanks,

Helen
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Hi Guys,

Just want to inform you that I was able to lodge the bond today. Yippeee!!!

My question now is how long do we wait before the visa is granted?

Thanks,

Helen
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

We had ours within 2 weeks, but some have waited ages, no telling think it depends on the case officer.

Did you go back to centrelink after to give them the receipt.

Jo
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by joho
We had ours within 2 weeks, but some have waited ages, no telling think it depends on the case officer.

Did you go back to centrelink after to give them the receipt.

Jo
Yup! Sure did.

Emailed the documents to my sister in law and told her to email it to her CO.

Helen