Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone who has converted 175 to 176 (VIC)...Please respond

Anyone who has converted 175 to 176 (VIC)...Please respond

Old Aug 14th 2009, 4:12 pm
ajt
Forum Regular

ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice
Default Anyone who has converted 175 to 176 (VIC)...Please respond

Hi everyone
Im trying to apply for a Victoria State sponsorship...I have already lodged my 175 in Feb 2009...(CSL- Civil Engineer
Please help me , Im doing things on my own( of course with the help of my friends on bexpats)

Let me write down my queries

one question is
1)
Have you lodged a visa application with the Department of Immigration And Citizenship (DIAC)? Only indicate yes if the visa application is relevant to the state nomination application. *

Please answer 'Yes' if DIAC application relates to this state sponsorship application.

Should I write yes or no...( My visa application was relevant to the 175 visa which I applied earlier and not to this application (my guess)..so shall I write "no"
or should the answer be yes ...if it is yes I have to provide my DIAC file reference number (If I give it will they automatically convert my 175 to 176 without my consent??)

2)
Q1.6 Please provide your DIAC points mark e.g. 120Maximum of 3 characters

The points which I got while applying for DIAC was 130...should I write the same or should I add 10 points for the state sponsorship and write 140?

Kindly bear with me and anyone who knows the answer, please help me
Old Aug 14th 2009, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

juliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nicejuliemtaylor is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone who has converted 175 to 176 (VIC)...Please respond

Originally Posted by ajt
Hi everyone
Im trying to apply for a Victoria State sponsorship...I have already lodged my 175 in Feb 2009...(CSL- Civil Engineer
Please help me , Im doing things on my own( of course with the help of my friends on bexpats)

one question is
1)
Have you lodged a visa application with the Department of Immigration And Citizenship (DIAC)? Only indicate yes if the visa application is relevant to the state nomination application. *

Please answer 'Yes' if DIAC application relates to this state sponsorship application.

Should I write yes or no...( My visa application was relevant to the 175 visa which I applied earlier and not to this application (my guess)..so shall I write "no"
or should the answer be yes ...if it is yes I have to provide my DIAC file reference number (If I give it will they automatically convert my 175 to 176 without my consent??)

2)

The points which I got while applying for DIAC was 130...should I write the same or should I add 10 points for the state sponsorship and write 140?

Hi All I can tell you is what we did when we applied to Vic (and we were rejected!).

We put Yes as we had already lodged a 175 and had a TRN number.

Points - we put the total we would have if we got the state sponsorship.

Julie x
Old Aug 15th 2009, 6:02 am
ajt
Forum Regular

ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice

Originally Posted by juliemtaylor
Hi All I can tell you is what we did when we applied to Vic (and we were rejected!).

We put Yes as we had already lodged a 175 and had a TRN number.

Points - we put the total we would have if we got the state sponsorship.

Julie x

Thank you Julie

Can someone else confirm this Please???

And Julie...why did your SS get rejected , was it an offlist application?
Old Aug 15th 2009, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ajt
Hi everyone

one question is
1)

2)

Whether you should write yes or no doesnt make any differnce at this point. But as it is you should write yes because you already lodged 175 application right? When I applied for VIC even though applied I dont have file no so I put no.

Once VIC ss granted they will ask your DIAC file no/TRN to send form 1100 to DIAC.

Your point is 120 at this moment so you can mention that
Old Aug 15th 2009, 8:52 am
ajt
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Whether you should write yes or no doesnt make any differnce at this point. But as it is you should write yes because you already lodged 175 application right? When I applied for VIC even though applied I dont have file no so I put no.

Once VIC ss granted they will ask your DIAC file no/TRN to send form 1100 to DIAC.

Your point is 120 at this moment so you can mention that
thank you Shiva...
So no need to add the ten points for SS??
my points at present is 130

thanks a lot