Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone who is currently in Australia(Adelaide) on SIR Visas

Anyone who is currently in Australia(Adelaide) on SIR Visas

Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:55 pm
Prachi

Default Anyone who is currently in Australia(Adelaide) on SIR Visas

I had applied for SIR Visas.And medical is in waiting.I want to know
that in how many time the medical will come?and the other thing that is
Is this a good visas when we come there?means ....is it comfortable?I
had applied for Adelaide.Is there job available ?because many people
said that job frequency is very good there.Is it true?

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 7th 2006 at 8:37 pm. Reason: email address removed

Old Dec 9th 2006, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

ghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone who is currently in Australia(Adelaide) on SIR Visas

We've lived in Adelaide for almost 6 months and then decided to move to Gold Coast. It really depends if you like that quite and slow lifestyle, if you do then its a wonderful place for you but if you dont then you should better consider some other place.

In terms of Jobs, I dont know about other occupations but when it comes to IT, Adelaide has perhaps the lowest salaries after Darwin. The other problem is that you wouldnt see many jobs being advertised there.

One of the family we came to know there in Adelaide was on SIR Visa, the lady was a Teacher and she applied for SIR as the Primary Applicant. She couldnt find the Job in her occupation in first 6 months and all the offers she got were from remote places such as Onkaparinga Valley. I'm not sure if she decided to move there or not but they seemed to have no other option as she had to work for 1 year in her occupation before their Visa Status could be changed to the next level (PR I guess).

In my opinion, one should avoid the SIR option but if thats the only way you could get here then be prepared for some hard time in the forst 6 months or so. But still you enjoy all the good things about Australian Lifestyle and etc so its surely worth giving it a try.

All the best with you move.

Ghanghro

Originally Posted by Prachi
I had applied for SIR Visas.And medical is in waiting.I want to know
that in how many time the medical will come?and the other thing that is
Is this a good visas when we come there?means ....is it comfortable?I
had applied for Adelaide.Is there job available ?because many people
said that job frequency is very good there.Is it true?