Anyone waiting on UK police checks?

Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

loulou_tropicana will become famous soon enoughloulou_tropicana will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone waiting on UK police checks?

Why are UK police checks so bloody slow? I have all my documentation waiting to go off to immigration, meds done, lived in USA for a year, got their FBI checks back to me within 2 weeks, all i'm waiting on is the UK ones, very frustrating, been over a month now. Anyone else in the same situation?
Lou
Old Apr 30th 2007, 2:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone waiting on UK police checks?

Originally Posted by loulou_tropicana
Why are UK police checks so bloody slow? I have all my documentation waiting to go off to immigration, meds done, lived in USA for a year, got their FBI checks back to me within 2 weeks, all i'm waiting on is the UK ones, very frustrating, been over a month now. Anyone else in the same situation?
Lou
If it gets to 40 days you can ring and ask where they are. Thats the time limit set under Data Protection.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 4:45 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there
We are waiting too. Is that 40 days from posting or from their acknowledgement?

Nicky
Old Apr 30th 2007, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

martin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nice

Please dont be too hard on them. I rang to check where ours were and they said that all available police were out on speed camera patrol because they were on double bonus for each driver caught doing 33.5 mph and over. My neighbour was robbed the other day and his wife beaten up and his car stolen, rang the police and they said they should be round by August............its a bloody hard life being a copper!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:29 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Know what you mean, just got another 3 points to add to my total doing 50 in a 40mph zone on the M1 where the average speed cameras are. Watch out around junction 8, Hemel Hempstead!!

Nicky
Old Apr 30th 2007, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

We sent ours off on 2nd April and still waiting!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:52 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martin36-1
Please dont be too hard on them. I rang to check where ours were and they said that all available police were out on speed camera patrol because they were on double bonus for each driver caught doing 33.5 mph and over. My neighbour was robbed the other day and his wife beaten up and his car stolen, rang the police and they said they should be round by August............its a bloody hard life being a copper!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its also a very busy life being a member of police support staff doing Data Protection checks....and some of them do read the site from time to time.....
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

pauldianebradandmitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Lou
30 days so far for us still nothing.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Navis is on a distinguished road

Lou
Hi Everyone. Ours took bang on 40 days to arrive and judging by other posts this seems to be the norm for most people in most areas of the UK. If you are getting close to the date given by the CO just send them a scan of the receipts and they will be fine
Old Apr 30th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its also a very busy life being a member of police support staff doing Data Protection checks....and some of them do read the site from time to time.....
Hi Pollyana

Do you know if there is any way to check and see did the Australia Federal Police actually receive our police checks? We sent them off by ordinary post on 30th of March and have heard nothing since. Sent them ordinary post (from Ireland) because we didn't even have a CO, had a CO allocated on 10 April and now I'm kicking myself and worrying that they haven't even got them (whole visa process seems to be a exercise is worrying about just about everything ).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dolly
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:11 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Dolly
Hi Pollyana

Do you know if there is any way to check and see did the Australia Federal Police actually receive our police checks? We sent them off by ordinary post on 30th of March and have heard nothing since. Sent them ordinary post (from Ireland) because we didn't even have a CO, had a CO allocated on 10 April and now I'm kicking myself and worrying that they haven't even got them (whole visa process seems to be a exercise is worrying about just about everything ).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dolly
You could try this, which is the link to the AFP police check form and has contact details -

http://www.afp.gov.au/business/criminal_history_checks
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You could try this, which is the link to the AFP police check form and has contact details -

http://www.afp.gov.au/business/criminal_history_checks
Thanks Pollyana

I've sent them an e-mail enquiry, so hopefully they will be able to tell me if they have received the application.

Dolly