Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone at the stage of waiting for practical for tra's???

Anyone at the stage of waiting for practical for tra's???

Old May 14th 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Smile Anyone at the stage of waiting for practical for tra's???

Hi
Am just waiting for my husband to do his practical for the tra in july.
Would love to hear from anyone thats roughly at same timescale, so can chat to along the way of a very long visa process!!
Just makes its easier if your in touch with people whom are going through the same stages together i think.
Thanks
Mandy
Old May 14th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone at the stage of waiting for practical for tra's???

hi
when you say practical for tra do you mean vettasses, i have mine in july, just waiting for the date.
john
Old May 14th 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Eammon is on a distinguished road

Hi Mandy

We're also waiting to hear from Vetassess for a date for our (carpentry) practical assessment - hopefully will get on the July assessments.

How about you, which occupation are you waiting to be assessed on?

Denise
Old May 14th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Hi
Yes i mean vettassess. My husband has his in july for bricklaying as we are going out on skilled visa for bricklayer.
Mandy
Old May 14th 2008, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mandy

Have you got your date through yet from Vetassess? We sent our form and payment details to them last week, so just waiting to hear now if we have made it on to the July assessments.

We're applying for a 176 State Sponshorship Visa and know what you mean - it's good to hear and speak to others that are at the same stage as yourself? It's a weird feeling - really exciting in one way, but really nerve-racking at the same time

What part of Australia are you hoping to go to?

Denise
Old May 14th 2008, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Denise
We have sent payment, just waiting for a date.
Yes i no what you mean, I,m excited but very very scared.
Never been to australia in my life, dont have friends or family there. God i just hope we are doing the right thing.

Maybe looking at outer sydney area and brisbane way.

Want to be near the work for my hubby but want to be near lots of outdoor activity, especially for my older 2 girls.

How about you, were are you looking at?
Old May 14th 2008, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

We're hoping for Perth/Western Australia. Also have two girls aged 12 and 6 and the outdoor way of life really appeals . Hopefully it will bring quality family time. I do try not to think that far ahead though just incase, but then I just can't help myself......

Good luck with it all and keep us informed on how your doing with the process. Let us know when you hear with a date for the practical - I'll do the same.

Denise x
Old May 14th 2008, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Will do, speak to you soon.

Take care.X
Old May 15th 2008, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Pinny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eammon
Hi Mandy

Have you got your date through yet from Vetassess? We sent our form and payment details to them last week, so just waiting to hear now if we have made it on to the July assessments.

We're applying for a 176 State Sponshorship Visa and know what you mean - it's good to hear and speak to others that are at the same stage as yourself? It's a weird feeling - really exciting in one way, but really nerve-racking at the same time

What part of Australia are you hoping to go to?

Denise
Hi Denise
We are roughly at the same stage as you. Sent form & payment a while back, received receipt of payment but thats all to date.
Also doing Carpentry hopefully in July
Like Mandy we have never been to Oz, we are looking at taking our 4 kids (all under 7) to Melbourne.
Should get Visa application in soon after results.
I have emailed Vetassess to ask if there is any news on exact dates for assessments and will let you know.
Cheers
Stuart
Old May 16th 2008, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi Stuart

Congratulations on passing your paper assessment

It's was such a relief once we found out we'd actually made it to the practical assessment stage, even though Eammon has been a carpenter for most of his working life!!!

Let us know as soon as you hear anything.

Denise
Old May 16th 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

plumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud of

Hi my husband is waiting to do his practical in july (plumber) he is so nervous about it we just can't find out what to expect we know he has to do four practicals but we don't know what they are likely to be we have also found out plumbing in oz includes arc welding and concreteing which he has never done before! He feels all our dreams are in his hands i wish i could take the pressure off a bit but has he is 44 he will probably only get one shot at it so fingers crossed

sue, pete joe(16) emma(15) ben(13) nic(12) will(5) and tom(3)
Old May 16th 2008, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sue

I know what you mean - Eammon has been a carpenter nearly all his working life, but he is still really nervous by it . It is hard not really knowing what to expect.

Have you looked at the Candidate's guide on the Vetassess website - it tells you a little bit about what you can expect on the day, what tasks you might be asked to do..... It might make you husband feeler a bit easier .

Good Luck with it

Denise
Old May 19th 2008, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sutty77
Hi
Am just waiting for my husband to do his practical for the tra in july.
Would love to hear from anyone thats roughly at same timescale, so can chat to along the way of a very long visa process!!
Just makes its easier if your in touch with people whom are going through the same stages together i think.
Thanks
Mandy
Hoping to be on the plumbing one in july.
Ronnie
Old May 19th 2008, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

keri will become famous soon enoughkeri will become famous soon enough

Hi There!!
We are sending all the information needed over the next few weeks.... does everyone have to do a practical???
Old May 20th 2008, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

plumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ronnie98
Hoping to be on the plumbing one in july.
Ronnie
hi ronnie

have you had the dates through for the plumbing assessment yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.