Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone from recent graduates waiting for (or just got) visa 885, 886 or 487?

Anyone from recent graduates waiting for (or just got) visa 885, 886 or 487?

Old Sep 26th 2008, 4:44 am
Just Joined

Livein is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Anyone from recent graduates waiting for (or just got) visa 885, 886 or 487?

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone has applied for a visa either 885, 886 or 487 somewhere in 2008 and has got their visa already or perhaps some news from the DIAC?

I have applied for a 885 visa on the 17th of April 2008, more than 5 months have passed but still nothing (being processed in Brisbane).
I will hit the DIAC's 6-month service standard for onshore applications soon

Thanks.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Spainy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone from recent graduates waiting for (or just got) visa 885, 886 or 487?

Hi
Applied for 886 visa on 29/01/08 online. Sofar still waiting. On checking the online visa status it says 'being processed further', and has been like that for 8 weeks!
Ian
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:17 am
welshoz

welshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone from recent graduates waiting for (or just got) visa 885, 886 or 487?

Hi,

Applied 11th March 2008, 885 frontloaded online, still nothing, I reckon though, with Brisbane focusing on certian visa's the only way now, is forward.

KatieX
Old Sep 29th 2008, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, find this rather depressing to hear how long the visas are taking. Have you found it a problem to get work while you are waiting? As will need to find work asap at the end of study. Did you front load everything? and has anyone given you a reason why it is taking so long?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry just read you front loaded everything.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Spainy
Hi
Applied for 886 visa on 29/01/08 online. Sofar still waiting. On checking the online visa status it says 'being processed further', and has been like that for 8 weeks!
Ian
Has the status of your documents changed from "Required" to "Received" or "Met"? There's a link titled 'Documents checklist' in the system.

Last edited by Livein; Sep 30th 2008 at 3:30 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Livein
Has the status of your documents changed from "Required" to "Received" or "Met"? There's a link titled 'Documents checklist' in the system.
it says 'required' next to all documents. All were attached at the time of application. I have used the contact email address for the BSPC to ask if my documents have been received. Awaiting a reply.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Santorini is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tomar
Hi, find this rather depressing to hear how long the visas are taking. Have you found it a problem to get work while you are waiting? As will need to find work asap at the end of study. Did you front load everything? and has anyone given you a reason why it is taking so long?
It depends on a type of job that you'd like to find. Something for unskilled labor is quite easy to find, but almost all decent offers say, "The applicant must be Australian citizen or PR".

And, of course, nobody gives any clear explanations about the delays. All standard "queue, many applicants applied, our officers do their best...". I never could understand why they can't hire more staff if there is such shortage. Application fees are high enough to do that.

I applied on 17 April for 885 too. And, of course, still nothing.

Last edited by Santorini; Oct 1st 2008 at 2:08 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Cathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant future

Hi guys

Sorry to hijack this thread was just wondering what courses you did, I have a friend who did the same course as me Diploma Of Community Welfare Work and was refused PR after just 2 months of submitting her application! Obviously that is of worry to myself and other students on my course as they have said there is an issue with the course not being long enough - but it is a 2 year course?? Anyway was just wondering if anyone had completed the same course, I am sure the fact you have been waiting a while is a good thing, as she never heard a thing from them - just the refusal!

I know she has been told that because they have moved the processing to Brisbane it is taking longer, so maybe that is why, but I am sure you will be hearing something soon.

Good Luck everyone
X
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cathy Makin
Obviously that is of worry to myself and other students on my course as they have said there is an issue with the course not being long enough - but it is a 2 year course??
There is a bit more complicated definition of 2 year study than just "2 years long".
This may help you if you haven't seen it before: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...lity-study.htm
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Cathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant future

Thanks for that and yes it does comply with that, there seems to be a problem with the CRICOS website which the education provider is supposed to be sorting out - not a lot of help to my friend, it is costing her $10,000 to appeal!

The college have assured us that many hundreds of students have successfully gained PR as a result of this course and have run the course for many years.

The migration lawyer has also stated that as applications are now being processed in Brisbane they may have a different way of working, who knows? It is simply a waiting game now, I dont apply for PR until next year so hopefully it will be sorted for then......???
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

There can be many reasons, and, unfortunately, they are not always clear for us.

A serious problem with some Australian education providers is that they become PR-pathway providers and make big business of it. They adapt their courses for immigration requirements but don't do it properly sometimes.

I hope your college will sort things out soon. Good luck to you and your friend!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cathy Makin
Thanks for that and yes it does comply with that, there seems to be a problem with the CRICOS website which the education provider is supposed to be sorting out - not a lot of help to my friend, it is costing her $10,000 to appeal!
If she was given any credit for prior study, she wasn't eligible even though the course lasted two years.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

No she wasnt she has completed the 2 years in full, it is a registered course, leading to an occupation on SOL and she has a diploma so has done what is required as far as she is concerned, as I say will be interesting to see what the outcome is.

Regards
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

I studied nursing at uni, a 3 year degree course. Not sure about other quals. I am currently calling immigration in Brisbane, hoping to get more info on timelines etc. Will post any infoI get in this thread, if i ever get through!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.