Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone moved from WA to another state under state sponsored 176 visa?

Wikiposts

Anyone moved from WA to another state under state sponsored 176 visa?

Old Nov 29th 2009, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

matt2095 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone moved from WA to another state under state sponsored 176 visa?

Originally Posted by newjersey
^^ what she said, and just wanted to add, that sooner or later this honorary system will become a thing of the past - or at least it should. The queue jumpers may however, even under the current regulations, have their visas canceled, because, going by the OP's attitude he/she never had a genuine intention to settle in WA - hey, look, NSW has better economic opportunity - but here is a newsflash - it did, for years. Not sure what the rest thinks, but to me this is a classic example of the abuse the immigration system continues to take. For how long and what effect it will have on majority of the do-good regular Joes - here is the million dollar question.
The honorary system will never become a thing of the past, think about it, defenders of rights. Lets try and be helpful, factual, and a little less judgmental. Helpful and factual. Has anyone enquired into the states views on the subject? Good point, well raised. Nothing like defending those who are nt asking for help.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 11:14 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone moved from WA to another state under state sponsored 176 visa?

Originally Posted by ktc
I was granted Permanent Residence Visa under 176 Western Australian state sponsorship. I have stayed in WA for about a month. For some reasons, I would like to move NSW. But as I remember, there was an agreement that I signed before the granting of the state sponsorship, and it includes this:
"If you are nominated by a State or Territory government, you need to agree to:
1.remain in the State or Territory for a period of at least two years
2.keep the State or Territory government informed of changes in address details before and after arrival
3.be prepared to complete surveys and provide information as required."

I am just wondering has anyone who hold the same 176 visa informed state office after their arrival and any change in address? Has anyone moved out of WA?
take no notice of the' Turkeys' on here if you have permament residence,and you are not tied to an employer move where you want to , in this present economic climate finding work is the main priority.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt2095
The honorary system will never become a thing of the past, .
Would you like to risk your visa on that?

As for being a "turkey", if thats what you call someone who believes in keeping their word, I'm happy to be labeled one, I can think of several less lame words for people who don't.

To those asking for good advice for the OP, how about "stay in WA and keep to your agreement, in you'll do better in Australia by being reliable and honorable than not, regardless of which state you live in".

Last edited by freebo; Nov 29th 2009 at 7:08 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by freebo
Would you like to risk your visa on that?

As for being a "turkey", if thats what you call someone who believes in keeping their word, I'm happy to be labeled one, I can think of several less lame words for people who don't.

To those asking for good advice for the OP, how about "stay in WA and keep to your agreement, in you'll do better in Australia by being reliable and honorable than not, regardless of which state you live in".
gobble gobble gobble
Old Nov 30th 2009, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

moores2525 has a brilliant futuremoores2525 has a brilliant futuremoores2525 has a brilliant futuremoores2525 has a brilliant futuremoores2525 has a brilliant futuremoores2525 has a brilliant futuremoores2525 has a brilliant future

Disappointing to see the thread's decent into insults and speculation - the facts are that the state sponsorship agreements are NOT legally binding but who's to say whether or not the process will change in the future. It may do so and could catch out those who have gone to work in another state for genuine or deceptive reasons. How DIAC could measure or judge this is anyone's guess.

Everyone can do as they like - changes to the SS process / legality may come back in future to hit those who play the system but no-one can say for definite whether or not this is certain to be the case. Anyone who looks later down the line for citizenship will know that "Character" is taken into account to some extent and as always, genuine best intentions are advisable.

My 10 cents worth.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

wow ,this thread should be renamed how to upset people in one question,. now i have a question to those who chose to judge without a trial,,, your in aus on a state sponsered visa and you have been here for a month, imagine how it gets if you have a family to feed, you have spent a good chunk of any money you have buying a car ect, and you cant find work not even a job sweeping the streets, do you say ok ill go back to blighty as i dont want to upset anyone on BE or do you look elsewhere for work, the answer is easy you move interstate and find work and get on with your life in oz. its called looking after your family. the poster did not say he was jumping because he did not even try in wa he merley asked a question and just wanted a answer not a bunch of opinions on morals and what anyone thinks.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:21 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnknight001
wow ,this thread should be renamed how to upset people in one question,. now i have a question to those who chose to judge without a trial,,, your in aus on a state sponsered visa and you have been here for a month, imagine how it gets if you have a family to feed, you have spent a good chunk of any money you have buying a car ect, and you cant find work not even a job sweeping the streets, do you say ok ill go back to blighty as i dont want to upset anyone on BE or do you look elsewhere for work, the answer is easy you move interstate and find work and get on with your life in oz. its called looking after your family. the poster did not say he was jumping because he did not even try in wa he merley asked a question and just wanted a answer not a bunch of opinions on morals and what anyone thinks.
You are expected to bring enough money to support yourself in the event you cannot find work. There is a question on the WA sponsorship form asking you how much money you intend to bring to support yourself. You are expected to be truthful and actually use that money to support yourself while you look for work. Many of us have been through the same situation - 9 months of unemployment for the main bread winner in my family's case. Quite frankly, less than a month is a bit of a cop out when it comes to finding a job.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You are expected to bring enough money to support yourself in the event you cannot find work. There is a question on the WA sponsorship form asking you how much money you intend to bring to support yourself. You are expected to be truthful and actually use that money to support yourself while you look for work. Many of us have been through the same situation - 9 months of unemployment for the main bread winner in my family's case. Quite frankly, less than a month is a bit of a cop out when it comes to finding a job.
hi dorothy, im not defending or disagreeing with the question, i agree with you and with the poster, its hard to find your feet sometimes and i just felt that he was jumped on a bit to quick, somtimes people look for help on here and get the opposite, i know of tradies in oz who have had to move state to look for work, i met a guy who gave a year to the state and done his £30,000 savings looking for work and getting licensing in his trade, he ended up moving for work, i also see people on here using ss just to get in so i understand how it can infuriate people but not all people are using the system to abuse it, i guess thats what i mean.