Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anyone moved from WA to another state under state sponsored 176 visa?

Wikiposts

Anyone moved from WA to another state under state sponsored 176 visa?

Old Nov 27th 2009, 4:02 am
ktc
Just Joined

ktc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone moved from WA to another state under state sponsored 176 visa?

I was granted Permanent Residence Visa under 176 Western Australian state sponsorship. I have stayed in WA for about a month. For some reasons, I would like to move NSW. But as I remember, there was an agreement that I signed before the granting of the state sponsorship, and it includes this:
"If you are nominated by a State or Territory government, you need to agree to:
1.remain in the State or Territory for a period of at least two years
2.keep the State or Territory government informed of changes in address details before and after arrival
3.be prepared to complete surveys and provide information as required."

I am just wondering has anyone who hold the same 176 visa informed state office after their arrival and any change in address? Has anyone moved out of WA?
Old Nov 28th 2009, 8:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone moved from WA to another state under state sponsored 176 visa?

Originally Posted by ktc
I was granted Permanent Residence Visa under 176 Western Australian state sponsorship. I have stayed in WA for about a month. For some reasons, I would like to move NSW. But as I remember, there was an agreement that I signed before the granting of the state sponsorship, and it includes this:
2.keep the State or Territory government informed of changes in address details before and after arrival

I am just wondering has anyone who hold the same 176 visa informed state office after their arrival and any change in address? Has anyone moved out of WA?
It would probably depend on the reason for your wanting to move state. You did afterall sign an agreement that you would stay in your sponsoring state, now you want to leave after only 1 month. Hardly fair to WA is it?
Old Nov 28th 2009, 4:48 pm
ktc
Just Joined

Default Re: Anyone moved from WA to another state under state sponsored 176 visa?

Obviously there are more job opportunities which increase the chance for me to find a job in NSW.
Back to my wondering:
Has anyone who holds the same 176 visa informed state office after their arrival and any change in address?
Has anyone moved out of WA?
I haven't contacted state office yet since I got here.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 5:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ktc
Obviously there are more job opportunities which increase the chance for me to find a job in NSW.
Back to my wondering:
Has anyone who holds the same 176 visa informed state office after their arrival and any change in address?
Then you should have applied to NSW I would have thought.

As for your query, I would contact the state immigration office to discuss your situation with them. In all honesty, though, less than a month in the state is not giving it very long.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ktc
Back to my wondering:
Have you even tried to look for a job in WA? I agree with Dorothy - if you wanted to go to NSW why did you apply to WA?

Did you do any research before applying, or was it just to speed up your visa app?
Old Nov 28th 2009, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebo
Have you even tried to look for a job in WA? I agree with Dorothy - if you wanted to go to NSW why did you apply to WA?

Did you do any research before applying, or was it just to speed up your visa app?
Indeed, I find myself wondering why people apply for a state if they don't want to live there. I have a theory that people jumping state is one reason why the SS applications were de-prioritised recently.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 12:58 am
ktc
Just Joined

No one would apply for a state without any researching. But you can't know everything until you got there.

Yes. Speeding up my application was one of the reasons.

If I just wanted to go to NSW, I wouldn't have landed on WA from the very beginning.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ktc
No one would apply for a state without any researching. But you can't know everything until you got there.

Yes. Speeding up my application was one of the reasons.

If I just wanted to go to NSW, I wouldn't have landed on WA from the very beginning.
Or was it that NSW sponsor very few occupations?

You made a deal with WA, they held up their side by sponsoring you - now its time to honor your commitment, one month is not nearly long enough.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

matt2095 is an unknown quantity at this point

mmmmm... What no one appears to be telling you is, YES, you can move to NSW, your state sponsorship was a morally binding, not legally binding commitment, and as long as at the time you submitted it you felt in your heart you wanted to be there, then you have done nothing wrong. Go get yourself sorted in NSW, and when you are sure that is the right move, inform WA`s migration sponsorship department of your change of circumstances. If you have however pulled a fast one and out maneuvered them to speed up your application, Good On You! They`ve buggered people about enough.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt2095
mmmmm... What no one appears to be telling you is, YES, you can move to NSW, your state sponsorship was a morally binding, not legally binding commitment, and as long as at the time you submitted it you felt in your heart you wanted to be there, then you have done nothing wrong. Go get yourself sorted in NSW, and when you are sure that is the right move, inform WA`s migration sponsorship department of your change of circumstances. If you have however pulled a fast one and out maneuvered them to speed up your application, Good On You! They`ve buggered people about enough.
Does anyone have a conscience anymore?

I find it shameful that people would abuse a system like this. This is the very reason why processing times get changed etc... because of people that abuse the system and spoil it for everyone else.

Last edited by Alfresco; Nov 29th 2009 at 5:18 am.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Or was it that NSW sponsor very few occupations?

You made a deal with WA, they held up their side by sponsoring you - now its time to honor your commitment, one month is not nearly long enough.
I agree!
Old Nov 29th 2009, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ktc

Do you not a have conscience or honour any written agreement that you signed?

Last edited by Alfresco; Nov 29th 2009 at 5:52 am.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

rikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant futurerikmartin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Do you not a have conscience or honour any written agreement that you signed?
Quite a harsh reception to a fair question.

Can anyone answer the question without getting angry/judgemental?

For whatever reason has anyone contacted WA SS department and enquired about moving state before the 2 year minimum?

How do WA respond to queries like this? Has anyone experienced any negative/positive outcomes from speaking to the department about the issue on a case by case basis?
Old Nov 29th 2009, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rikmartin
Quite a harsh reception to a fair question.

Can anyone answer the question without getting angry/judgemental?

For whatever reason has anyone contacted WA SS department and enquired about moving state before the 2 year minimum?

How do WA respond to queries like this? Has anyone experienced any negative/positive outcomes from speaking to the department about the issue on a case by case basis?
I suppose it could be the case that people are not that interested in helping others abuse the system. It could also be that some people care about those who have been left devastated following the change to SS priorties and would suspect that people who do not honour the state commitments are partially to blame.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 7:58 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

^^ what she said, and just wanted to add, that sooner or later this honorary system will become a thing of the past - or at least it should. The queue jumpers may however, even under the current regulations, have their visas canceled, because, going by the OP's attitude he/she never had a genuine intention to settle in WA - hey, look, NSW has better economic opportunity - but here is a newsflash - it did, for years. Not sure what the rest thinks, but to me this is a classic example of the abuse the immigration system continues to take. For how long and what effect it will have on majority of the do-good regular Joes - here is the million dollar question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.