Anyone heard of this company?

Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone heard of this company?

Hi All

My brother in law had a meeting with a company based in Lincolnshire called Commonwealth Emigration. He is worried about selecting the right agent so I said I'd ask on this forum for him.

Anyone heard of them? Used them? Good or bad experiences??

Any feedback would really be appreciated :-)
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:12 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone heard of this company?

Originally Posted by Troood
Hi All

My brother in law had a meeting with a company based in Lincolnshire called Commonwealth Emigration. He is worried about selecting the right agent so I said I'd ask on this forum for him.

I've not heard of them, but I didnt use an agent so all my knowledge is based on whats been brought up on this forum. I guess firstly you (he) needs to make sure they are MARA registered www.themara.com.au
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:18 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

not heard of it - if he is to use an agent ensure that it is registered with MARA.

Also looked on Companies web site and can not find the name of the company on there (assuming it is a Ltd company and not a partnership/sole trader) http://ws6info.companieshouse.gov.uk/info/do_search.cgi
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by walaj
not heard of it - if he is to use an agent ensure that it is registered with MARA.

Also looked on Companies web site and can not find the name of the company on there (assuming it is a Ltd company and not a partnership/sole trader) http://ws6info.companieshouse.gov.uk/info/do_search.cgi

Thanks for your replies folks. They do have a website but they aren't registered with either Mara (which I think you have to be Oz based), or the UK equivalent. I think he should keep looking and get some other opinions from other companies. It's a lot of money to spend if things go wrong.

Cheers.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your replies folks. They do have a website but they aren't registered with either Mara (which I think you have to be Oz based), or the UK equivalent. I think he should keep looking and get some other opinions from other companies. It's a lot of money to spend if things go wrong.

Cheers.
If they are not registered then me personally wouldnt touch them there has been a few who come on here who have had problems with unregistered agents its not worth the risk.

why not pass on george lombard or alan colletes details to him as they come highly recommended or ian harrop is another one

http://www.ianharrop.co.uk/index.htm

http://www.gomatilda.com/home.cfm

cant find george's web site add but im sure someone has it
Old Aug 9th 2004, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Cheers.
Hi
DIMIA make this statement
"Under Australian law, anyone who uses knowledge of migration procedures to offer immigration assistance to a person wishing to obtain a visa to enter or remain in Australia must be registered"

Don't even consider using anyone who is not registered with MARA.

They won't give you the info you need and of course looking at the statement, they will be commiting an offence under Australian law.

Regards
Old Aug 9th 2004, 11:52 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

George Lombards website is www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

We used George Lombard and would not hesitate to recommend him.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Billabong
We used George Lombard and would not hesitate to recommend him.

Thanks again everyone. I think he was thinking of using this company as they are quite local to him and he's not too hot on the computer. He thought it would be easier for references etc. I've told him all the feedback and he's going to contact Ian Harrop and have a chat.

I did my application myself but got George Lombard to check it over for peace of mind and he was great.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

5teve is an unknown quantity at this point

im using a company called thinking australia.... they are like an intemediary and appoint an Autralian agent based on where you want to go and what type of visa you are going for.... well they look at your details and advise on the best to go for. they are extremely helpful and i think quite reasonabally priced compared to some. Not as cheap as going with an agent direct but i think it will be less hassle for us as we dont have a hell of a lot of free time.

their website is think500.com

another forum user "snappy" is using this company too.

HTH

Steve
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:54 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 5teve
im using a company called thinking australia.... they are like an intemediary and appoint an Autralian agent based on where you want to go and what type of visa you are going for.... well they look at your details and advise on the best to go for. they are extremely helpful and i think quite reasonabally priced compared to some. Not as cheap as going with an agent direct but i think it will be less hassle for us as we dont have a hell of a lot of free time.

their website is think500.com

another forum user "snappy" is using this company too.

HTH

Steve
Guilty as charged! I have found Thinking Australia very helpful the fact that I can ring them weekends or evenings makes all the difference. They act like the middle man over here and not only assign you an agent for the visa and skills assessment but the whole moving to Australia thing. I have just received loads of info on Medicare, removal companies, banks, etc etc.

I also liked the fact that they don't just use one agent out in Oz as they have several agents that work with them out in Oz and choose an agent that is best suited to your needs.

DON'T use an agent if they are unregistered as it is too risky. Also when looking for an agent speak to a few as then you will get a better idea as to what services they offer you i.e. make sure they're not charging you just to fill in forms that you have suppleid the information for! Speak to Darrell 0845 850 4040 or send him an email [email protected] it will cost you nothing and he will arrange a first meeting for free where you can ask him all the questions going, I can't recommend them them highly enough.

Sasha

Last edited by snappy; Aug 12th 2004 at 4:42 pm. Reason: I think I confused people!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Anyone heard of this company?

Originally Posted by snappy
Guilty as charged! I have found Thinking Australia very helpful the fact that I can ring them weekends or evenings makes all the difference. They act like the middle man over here and not only help out with things like the visa and skills assessment but the whole moving to Australia thing. I have just received loads of info on Medicare, removal companies, banks, etc etc.

I also liked the fact that they don't just use one agent out in Oz as they have several agents that work with them out in Oz and choose an agent that is best suited to your needs.

DON'T use an agent if they are unregistered as it is too risky. Also when looking for an agent speak to a few as then you will get a better idea as to what services they offer you i.e. make sure they're not charging you just to fill in forms that you have suppleid the information for! Speak to Darrell 0845 850 4040 or send him an email [email protected] it will cost you nothing and he will arrange a first meeting for free where you can ask him all the questions going, I can't recommend them them highly enough.

Sasha
thanks sasha!

one thing to bear in mind is Darrells enthusiasm and energy.... he comes across as being a bit nuts well hyper would be a better word but you can tell he does the job cause he believes in it and loves it.

by the way Sasha... we've paid our first installment!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 5:17 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 5teve
thanks sasha!

one thing to bear in mind is Darrells enthusiasm and energy.... he comes across as being a bit nuts well hyper would be a better word but you can tell he does the job cause he believes in it and loves it.

by the way Sasha... we've paid our first installment!
All very true Steve, I had to laugh when I read your post as anyone who knows Darrell will know where we are coming from! He is a typical Australian and his wife is wonderful, together they make a fab team and I consider them as friends now not just an agent.

Ah the first installment Steve so you are now starting everything, how wonderful for you, just be patient and it will come together. We've just had to pay out for our last installment so hopefully we're near the end. Which agent have you been assigned out in Oz?

Sasha
Old Aug 9th 2004, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Chris B is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry not heard of them - all I can advise is DO NOT use the Migration Bureau in London.

Hi All

Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snappy
All very true Steve, I had to laugh when I read your post as anyone who knows Darrell will know where we are coming from! He is a typical Australian and his wife is wonderful, together they make a fab team and I consider them as friends now not just an agent.

Ah the first installment Steve so you are now starting everything, how wonderful for you, just be patient and it will come together. We've just had to pay out for our last installment so hopefully we're near the end. Which agent have you been assigned out in Oz?

Sasha
sorry hijacking the thread somewhat!.... have just had my skills assesment form through from the agent. i've been assigned jonathon mander from tasmania... not that we are aiming for there i guess darrell chose hime for the vast experience they seem to have. apparently the skills assesment is quite rigid for engineering so im going to make sure everything is spot on. i guess this is where the frustration and the nerves start going? oh dear!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.