anyone had this happen ???/

Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:41 am
Oz bound ,Yahoo !!!!!!!!

beachbum is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up anyone had this happen ???/

I'm in the process of a 457 business visa , i'm being sponsored to work here and the immigration have phoned my proposed employer and said they are only giving me a year cos of the financial state of his company , $836,000 turnover seemed ok to me , well kerry packer he aint !!!!!!!!
But i'm happy with that and can appeal after the year , I only want the kids back in school so cant complain as i would have had to go home in 5 weeks,
Once we get this my brother who has citizenship , can we apply for permanent residency straight away while this 457 is in place ????
Is it worth using an agent ????? , i'm a carpenter by trade and have all my refs , should i get medicals and police checks first , and how long will it take and can i go back to uk while its being processed ?????????
Thanks for your help Chris
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:50 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone had this happen ???/

Originally Posted by beachbum
I'm in the process of a 457 business visa , i'm being sponsored to work here and the immigration have phoned my proposed employer and said they are only giving me a year cos of the financial state of his company , $836,000 turnover seemed ok to me , well kerry packer he aint !!!!!!!!
But i'm happy with that and can appeal after the year , I only want the kids back in school so cant complain as i would have had to go home in 5 weeks,
Once we get this my brother who has citizenship , can we apply for permanent residency straight away while this 457 is in place ????
Is it worth using an agent ????? , i'm a carpenter by trade and have all my refs , should i get medicals and police checks first , and how long will it take and can i go back to uk while its being processed ?????????
Thanks for your help Chris
Hi Chris,

If you're in Australia then you should bother some agents for advice about your options, very little risk of finding an unregistered agent here and if you go through www.mia.org.au or www.iarc.asn.au you'll get a reasonable one. Your brother could sponsor you as long as he's a PR holder, doesn't need to be a citizen. Sponsorship by a relative for a skilled visa involves going offshore for a short period at the time of visa grant, with a family you've got to factor that cost into the equation.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au