British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Anyone got RSMS Visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/anyone-got-rsms-visa-540886/)

looky Dec 18th 2008 11:37 pm

Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by Burbage (Post 7080849)
Don't think so. If you were in the backlog with the rest of us my prediction is that if you applied on the 1st of september your CO should be appointed on about the 25-28th December. With the holiday period slowing everything down it will probably be a bit later than that, but that' the earliest you could expect. (later if you applied on later dates in Sept).

If you weren't in the backlog you probably should have heard something by now, so we can assume you are in the backlog. Don't wory it will be soon. They're nearly at the point of clearing it.

Cheers burbage. I reckon I might her something in Jan or worst Feb then :(. I think there might be no processing going on the next two weeks being xmas and new year week.

Safin Dec 23rd 2008 2:13 am

CONGRATULATIONS JanjanXX!!!!!!

What a Christmas Pressie!!

When you coming over then?

ponyrama Dec 23rd 2008 3:13 am

Er........have I missed something?????

:confused:

Added to say - just seen it!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Safin Dec 23rd 2008 7:50 am

Yes she did a post on the main forum but didn't tell us here!!

We finally got the contract (please god its ok as its non standard for RSMS but DIAC have given advice) agreed Friday and signed at HO. Just waiting on it reaching OH and then back and then to agent and then RCB and then DIAC - all by 31 Jan. Can we do it?

janjanxx Dec 23rd 2008 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 7093591)

We finally got the contract (please god its ok as its non standard for RSMS but DIAC have given advice) agreed Friday and signed at HO. Just waiting on it reaching OH and then back and then to agent and then RCB and then DIAC - all by 31 Jan. Can we do it?

YES I DID !!!! WE OVER THE MOON ... SORRY DIDN'T POST BUT TOOK IT YOU WOULD ALL SEE THE MAIN THREAD !! HEHE...

WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED WITH MOVE...

Saf - does that mean you going RSMS ???

Bix Dec 23rd 2008 9:27 pm

Many congratulations Jan. :thumbup:

Safin Dec 24th 2008 5:53 am

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 7094398)

At the moment.... but seriously considering "doing a Looky" and submitting a 175 or 475 (depending on IELTS) as well. More dosh but if the contract turns out to be a problem then I know we won't be able to get the company to make any changes and we'll be over the age limit to reapplyfor anything else IF that happens. So its probably (hopefully) wasted but insurance nonetheless.

To be honest if we have known it was going to take 6 months to get the paperwork together and still be uncertain we'd never have started the RSMS. But we've got this far and our company think they've done us massive favours and we've already racked up the agents bill so may as well see it out ........

Safin Dec 24th 2008 5:54 am

Happy Christmas All - may the New Year bring us all visas

looky Dec 24th 2008 6:11 am

Congrats again janjan.

Merry Christmas everyone and enjoy the new year.

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 7096338)
At the moment.... but seriously considering "doing a Looky" and submitting a 175 or 475 (depending on IELTS) as well.

Oh my my you coined a phrase on me! Great honour hahaha

Burbage Dec 27th 2008 5:26 am

YES I DID !!!! WE OVER THE MOON ... SORRY DIDN'T POST BUT TOOK IT YOU WOULD ALL SEE THE MAIN THREAD !! HEHE...

Congratulations!!!

janjanxx Dec 27th 2008 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Burbage (Post 7101026)
Congratulations!!!

Thanks everyone... and to think I started this thread in June ... worth the looong wait though :thumbsup:

Looking forward to Oz Dec 31st 2008 12:32 pm

That's AMAZING news JanJan!! So pleased for you. You can celebrate NY in style!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am sooo relieved that others are being granted visas aswel, was beginning to feel bad - almost felt like i queue jumped.

Safin Jan 7th 2009 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 7093591)

AGHHHHHH. Well today after OH signed and returned contract the agent decided it wasn't up to DIAC standards, its gone back to company for rewording and they won't do what agent wants! SO now we have to cross everything and hope what they have done is enough!

I feel a plan B definately coming on..... unfortunately it looks like a 475 as OH doesn't want the pressure of doing IELTS after submitting 175 application therefore only getting one (possibly two) shot at it before the points get assessed.

I also feel a large wine or two coming on.....

janjanxx Jan 7th 2009 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 7136029)
AGHHHHHH. Well today after OH signed and returned contract the agent decided it wasn't up to DIAC standards, its gone back to company for rewording and they won't do what agent wants! SO now we have to cross everything and hope what they have done is enough!

I feel a plan B definately coming on..... unfortunately it looks like a 475 as OH doesn't want the pressure of doing IELTS after submitting 175 application therefore only getting one (possibly two) shot at it before the points get assessed.

I also feel a large wine or two coming on.....

I NEED WINE !! :thumbsup:

Safin Jan 7th 2009 9:14 am

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 7136037)
I NEED WINE !! :thumbsup:

red or white?

Hows the plans coming along? Got flights booked yet?