British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Anyone got RSMS Visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/anyone-got-rsms-visa-540886/)

looky Aug 25th 2008 12:16 am

Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

I need help asap. Did anyone who applied for RSMS attached a copy of the nomination approval letter with the application? Is it really required? The reason being I was told my sponsor recieved a permission requiest ID but the formal approval form will not arrive until a few weeks later.

The approval letter is not just a print out of an email is it?

Can Anyone give me a reply asap? thanks.

oldandbold Aug 25th 2008 7:13 am

Ponyrama
I spoke to australia house and they said to send the passports and it would be done within the week.
However I need my passport every day for work so they also said you could turn up at the public counter between 9 and 11am.
I am planning on doing this tomorrow so I will let you know if any problems.

ponyrama Aug 25th 2008 9:07 am

Originally Posted by oldandbold (Post 6711772)
Ponyrama
I spoke to australia house and they said to send the passports and it would be done within the week.
However I need my passport every day for work so they also said you could turn up at the public counter between 9 and 11am.
I am planning on doing this tomorrow so I will let you know if any problems.

Cheers old! :thumbsup:

janjanxx Aug 26th 2008 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6712020)
Cheers old! :thumbsup:

Seems the RSMS Visa thread is asleep .... lol

Looky - I dont think you need the letter.... I think their is a reference number though that you would need to attach to your app...

Not 100% sure ...

oldandbold Aug 26th 2008 1:30 pm

ponyrama-no problems at all at getting the visas validated at australia house.
Including queuing I was in and out in 45 minutes with visas validated in three passports.
Cheers!

janjanxx Aug 26th 2008 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by oldandbold (Post 6716387)
Including queuing I was in and out in 45 minutes with visas validated in three passports.
Cheers!

Wow !! That was fast ...

ponyrama Aug 26th 2008 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by oldandbold (Post 6716387)
Cheers!

Cool - that means that my final deadline for visa approval is thursday 27th november, australia house on the friday, plane to oz on sunday. Ha - like I could cope with that much stress. :eek:

Bet it feels even more real now old - visa label and everything - I'm so pleased for you - and very very jealous. ;):thumbsup:

janjanxx Aug 27th 2008 6:18 am

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6717169)
Cool - that means that my final deadline for visa approval is thursday 27th november, australia house on the friday, plane to oz on sunday. Ha - like I could cope with that much stress. :eek:

Bet it feels even more real now old - visa label and everything - I'm so pleased for you - and very very jealous. ;):thumbsup:

Jealous .... I am a green eyed monster !!!

But on the other hand - very chuffed for you mate...

Safin Aug 27th 2008 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 6703226)
Immigration still haven't decided the casual / permanent saga:confused: ...... sometime next week we hope now.

In the mean time employer waiting (and hopefully not going cold on us) and I have even less hair left. And our exisiting visa expires in 9 weeks !!!!!:eek:

And we've realised that we can't get bridging visas for our plan b or c so this has to get sorted soon or else we are booking removals in reverse and being sent home!!!:cry_smile: - can we get eta's onshore and have a bloody good holiday before having to leave!!!!!? (hopefully joking on that point!)

Still waiting...... will be on the agents case again first thing. I think he only acts when I chase him......

janjanxx Aug 27th 2008 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 6718944)
Still waiting...... will be on the agents case again first thing. I think he only acts when I chase him......

I feel bad for our employer in Aus.... waiting for us !! .... Can they pull out if our visa takes too long?

Safin Aug 27th 2008 6:41 am

yep I think they can - that's another thing we are worried about - them getting fed up of the whole thing and saying sort your own visa - which we can't as we don't have enough points to do it without them!

Guess it depends how much they want you, their understanding and their ability/desire to wait for you!

janjanxx Aug 27th 2008 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 6718964)
yep I think they can - that's another thing we are worried about - them getting fed up of the whole thing and saying sort your own visa - which we can't as we don't have enough points to do it without them!

Guess it depends how much they want you, their understanding and their ability/desire to wait for you!

Errg - not what I wanted to hear.... fortunately we have a good relationship with our employer but that doesn't stop me feeling dead bad for making them wait ...

Burkins Aug 27th 2008 6:46 am

Morning everyone

I posted our passports to the Australian embassy in London on Tuesday evening recorded delivery and included a special delivery pre-paid envelope as requested. We had the passports back on the Saturday morning.

It does state 5 working days on the e-mail that you get instructing you to do this.

Fingers crossed you hear something soon.

xx

janjanxx Aug 27th 2008 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Burkins (Post 6718974)
Morning everyone

I posted our passports to the Australian embassy in London on Tuesday evening recorded delivery and included a special delivery pre-paid envelope as requested. We had the passports back on the Saturday morning.

It does state 5 working days on the e-mail that you get instructing you to do this.

xx

Hey Burkins...

Nice to hear from you ... I see your flights are booked ... lucky you !....
thanks for that update...

Is the house sold or have you decided to let it?

Safin Aug 27th 2008 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Burkins (Post 6718974)

xx

fingers legs eyes ..... and anything else that can be crossed:lol: