anyone been granted a 457 visa recently?

Old Jan 13th 2010, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough
Default anyone been granted a 457 visa recently?

And if so, and you are from the UK, did you bother to go and get the label for your passport?

I know it says we dont need to, but someone on here worried me.

Thanks.

Karen
Old Jan 13th 2010, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

xLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nice
Default Re: anyone been granted a 457 visa recently?

Karen I don't know if this will help but my sister got her 457 in June and didn't bother with visa label in her passport as its all electronically linked to your passport number

L

Originally Posted by 1968_karen
And if so, and you are from the UK, did you bother to go and get the label for your passport?

Thanks.

Karen
Old Jan 13th 2010, 9:44 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

Karen
Your visa is electronically linked to your passport. You do not need a visa label.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough

Thank you ladies - I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Do I need to get a label when we get to the other side? This was something else that was mentioned to me.

Thanks again.

Karen
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:36 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you ladies - I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Do I need to get a label when we get to the other side? This was something else that was mentioned to me.

Thanks again.

Karen
No. Your visa is linked electronically to your passport. No visa label required.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

However, judging by some comments in a thread in the Aus forum, Medicare apparently can't get their head around a passport with no visa in it. If you have the time, it wouldn't hurt to get it. Apart from anything else, it's nice to have something to look at that proves you have your visa
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Your visa is electronically linked to your passport. You do not need a visa label.
Until you go and apply for your medicare card and they want to see it, or say go to NZ on holiday and they want to see that you have the right to get back in to Oz. Better to get it IMO.