Anyone applied with IEAust?

Old Aug 14th 2004, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

DeniseH is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone applied with IEAust?

Hi guys,
Was planning to get my skills assessed by ACS. Ive got an engineering degree and had a quick look at the IEAust website - it appears much easier than the ACS!

Would appreciate any info from people who have got a positive assessment from the IEAust. What docs did you send them? Do you only send your CV and degree transcript/certificate - no references? Also, I read that a guideline is a years experience - is this a must have? Do you have to prove it somehow?

Either Im missing something or it is just really simple!!!

Cheers!
Denise
Old Aug 14th 2004, 5:01 pm
Nathan Pye

Default Re: Anyone applied with IEAust?

Hi Denise,

Unfortunately, it isn't quite that easy - unless your degree is
covered by the various accords, then you have to produce a Competency
Demonstration Report (CDR) that shows how you have used all of your
engineering skills in an engineering context, and cross references
them to a set of criteria laid down by IEAUST. It takes ages to do,
but IEAUST are fairly quick at processing them when you have done, and
in terms of qualifications, then you do have to send just copies of
any relevant certificates.

Fistly, I would check on their web site to see if your degree is
covered by the accords, as this (as far as I remember) negates the
need for the CDR. If not, then I put together a fairly successful CDR,
so if you PM me, I can give you some pointers in the right direction.

Nathan

DeniseH <member27103@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected] om>...
    > Hi guys,
    > Was planning to get my skills assessed by ACS. Ive got an engineering
    > degree and had a quick look at the IEAust website - it appears much
    > easier than the ACS!
    >
    > Would appreciate any info from people who have got a positive assessment
    > from the IEAust. What docs did you send them? Do you only send your
    > CV and degree transcript/certificate - no references? Also, I read that
    > a guideline is a years experience - is this a must have? Do you have to
    > prove it somehow?
    >
    > Either Im missing something or it is just really simple!!!
    >
    > Cheers!
    > Denise

Old Aug 14th 2004, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
I'm looking at getting assesed by IEAust.
The research I've done is getting assesed through the Sydney Accord - for Incorporated Engineers.

If you are Chartered then the Washington Accord covers you.

I got all the info from www.ieaust.org.au they have a migration link on the homepage. here: http://www.ieaust.org.au/find/osqa.html

The process you described is the method if you are registered with Eng Council, if not then you'll need to do the CDR etc.

feel free to pm me if you need any other info
Old Aug 14th 2004, 10:19 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I would point out that UK Chartered Engineer status *in itself* is not enough for a Washington Accord assessment from IEAUST.

And it's possible to get a Washington Accord assessment without being a CEng.

The key question is do you have an accredited undergraduate engineering degree. While ther will be overlap between those who do and those who are CEng, the degree is the key driver.

The Engineering Council has a database of UK accredited degrees at http://www.engc.org.uk

Same goes for the IEng designation and a Sydney Accord assessment.

Jeremy

Originally Posted by njk435
Hi,
I'm looking at getting assesed by IEAust.
The research I've done is getting assesed through the Sydney Accord - for Incorporated Engineers.

If you are Chartered then the Washington Accord covers you.

I got all the info from www.ieaust.org.au they have a migration link on the homepage. here: http://www.ieaust.org.au/find/osqa.html

The process you described is the method if you are registered with Eng Council, if not then you'll need to do the CDR etc.

feel free to pm me if you need any other info
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

DeniseH is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I'm happy to say that I looked up my degree on the engc website and it was listed as CEng which is Washington Accord I beleive.

Question is - what next. I have already got the transcript from my uni about course content and marks scored, which I'd obtained in preparation for submitting to ACS. Do I get references like you do for ACS?

It's just that I was expecting a long and detailed list of proof, but the guidelines even mention a 'brief' CV.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

david747 is an unknown quantity at this point

send off the list of stuff asked for on the Washington Accord form....

I made the mistake of waiting 6 months to get chartered which turned out to be a waste of time...

the accreditation was simply based on my primary degree, which was recognised under the WA.

I sent in MSC, CEng, BEng Hons evidence..... when infact i could have applied months ago with only Beng parchment....

hope this helps...
Old Aug 15th 2004, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeniseH
Thanks everyone for your responses.

I'm happy to say that I looked up my degree on the engc website and it was listed as CEng which is Washington Accord I beleive.

Question is - what next. I have already got the transcript from my uni about course content and marks scored, which I'd obtained in preparation for submitting to ACS. Do I get references like you do for ACS?

It's just that I was expecting a long and detailed list of proof, but the guidelines even mention a 'brief' CV.
Hi Denise,
As your degree is accredited by the Engineering Council and appears on the list for the Washington accord - all you need is as you said the transcript, a certified copy of your degree certificate and a copy of your CV. Oh, and I forgot....some money!

They are quite quick - mine took 3 1/2 weeks to get back.

Good luck Marco
Old Aug 15th 2004, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

Oh Lordy!!

It isn't as simple as I thought!

My HNC is listed, but not the year I completed it. Guess I may need to to the CDR etc.

Why is life never simple?????
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:58 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Lordy!!

It isn't as simple as I thought!

My HNC is listed, but not the year I completed it. Guess I may need to to the CDR etc.

Why is life never simple?????
Hi NJK,

HNC? Do you mean HND? I would be very interested to know whether the Washington Accord covers an HNC as generally there's an issue as to whether an HNC is equivalent to an Australian AQF Diploma.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Aug 16th 2004, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi NJK,

HNC? Do you mean HND? I would be very interested to know whether the Washington Accord covers an HNC as generally there's an issue as to whether an HNC is equivalent to an Australian AQF Diploma.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Definately a HNC, these are accredited through EngC on the Sydney Accord.
The main reason I registered as IEng was to be able to transfer my skills throughthe accord - seems I needn't have bothered!
Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

5teve is an unknown quantity at this point

Definately a HNC, these are accredited through EngC on the Sydney Accord.
The main reason I registered as IEng was to be able to transfer my skills throughthe accord - seems I needn't have bothered!
im going to be submitting my details under the washington accord shortly. i have a bsc in mech eng which isnt covered on the website. my agent has asked for my certificates.... my transcript.... and my cv..... if i need to do a CDR at what point will i need to do this? i have 8 years experience also.

will IEaust look at my details and if they require a CDR will they come back and say.... OK we need this before we can asses it..... or will they just say... Nope.... resubmit this time with CDR?

the more i read on this the more nervous i get about the IEAust assesment.

Thanks

Steve
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

david747 is an unknown quantity at this point

why not email them (IEAust) and ask them if your degree is covered...worth a go.

The IMECHE in England may be able to tell you f its Washington Accord recognised

I registered with the Instituition of Engineers of Ireland and they checked out my degree for me...

Then if its ok apply using degree....this will save a world of pain believe me.

Why are you using an agent for this..it should be a piece of piss for an engineer....
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by david747
why not email them (IEAust) and ask them if your degree is covered...worth a go.

The IMECHE in England may be able to tell you f its Washington Accord recognised

I registered with the Instituition of Engineers of Ireland and they checked out my degree for me...

Then if its ok apply using degree....this will save a world of pain believe me.

Why are you using an agent for this..it should be a piece of piss for an engineer....
we are using an agent for everything.... due to a lack of time.... something we both have very little of.... i hope that changes if we get to Oz!

i have checked on the IEAust website and it doesnt look listed.... guess i'l just have to wait till my agent see's the details and comes back to me. im still waiting for the transcript!

Thanks

Steve
Old Aug 17th 2004, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by david747
...i know the feeling, i have registered on austime so will keep ye informed.

hw many poins did you get?
i havent had anything through yet with points on.... i basically sent of all my details to my agency... they forwarded it on to some people they are in contact with in Oz.... and they came back saying it shouldnt be a problem getting in. i think in the initial meeting with the agency they said it looked around 120.... sorry to be vague we are very early on in the process tho...

Thanks

Steve
Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by marco121068
Hi Denise,
As your degree is accredited by the Engineering Council and appears on the list for the Washington accord - all you need is as you said the transcript, a certified copy of your degree certificate and a copy of your CV. Oh, and I forgot....some money!

They are quite quick - mine took 3 1/2 weeks to get back.

Good luck Marco
I had a similar experience. My degree (from a Canadian University) was covered by the Washington Accord. All I sent was the application form, certified copy of degree, brief CV (a couple lines for each job), and a copy of my university transcript. Got my positive assessment letter in about 2 weeks (from North America)! If you are covered by the Washington Accord and have the required experience then I think IEAust assessment can be very quick as it is basically a simple check for them.

Good Luck!
Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.