Any student in Australia applied 175?

Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

aliash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any student in Australia applied 175?

Dear All,

I was just wondering.. Is there any one who is in Australia on Student visa and applied for 175 ?

Or any past cases where they receive grant while they were in Australia on Student visa. If yes then please share your time line and medical procedure while in Australia.

Thanks
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any student in Australia applied 175?

A 175 is an offshore visa. It cannot be granted while you are in Australia.

And as BE is not a timeline site threads started simply to ask for timelines will be closed.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
A 175 is an offshore visa. It cannot be granted while you are in Australia.

And as BE is not a timeline site threads started simply to ask for timelines will be closed.
I know dorothy..ok let me rephrased my sentence...

Dear All,

I was just wondering.. Is there any one who is in Australia on Student visa and applied for 175 ?

Or any past cases where one receive pre-grant letter while they were in Australia on Student visa. If yes then please share your experience and medical procedure while in Australia.

Thanks
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I would be supprised if anyone here applied for that visa while on a student visa as they wouldn't get the bridging visa and would have to leave the country until it was granted.
The 885 visa is the student version of the 175. Any student would be silly to go for the 175 instead of the 885.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
I would be supprised if anyone here applied for that visa while on a student visa as they wouldn't get the bridging visa and would have to leave the country until it was granted.
The 885 visa is the student version of the 175. Any student would be silly to go for the 175 instead of the 885.
I know that as well... I am just saying that I would like to know if any one applied for 175 while living in Australia on student visa...!! I know that we have to go offshore to stamp PR.

Just want to know if someone did that before or currently in process?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I am confused as to why anyone would. Most people on a student visa are set up here with home, belongings, friends etc, why would they want to leave the country and wait for at least two years before being able to come back?

I have not seen any posts from anyone on here who has said they have done that (and have been watching all the ones about students like a hawk).
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of

Hi

My situation is slightly different. My husband is on a student visa and myself and our son are his dependants.

I am a hairdresser but didn't have enough experience to apply before we arrived. However, I have since had a Recognition of Prior Learning and achieved my TRA. I applied for a 175 Offshore on 30th August.

Our student visa will expire in August 2010 at which time we will be put onto a bridging visa whilst the 175 goes through (hopefully!!!)

Jo x
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:14 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdraper
Hi

My situation is slightly different. My husband is on a student visa and myself and our son are his dependants.

I am a hairdresser but didn't have enough experience to apply before we arrived. However, I have since had a Recognition of Prior Learning and achieved my TRA. I applied for a 175 Offshore on 30th August.

Our student visa will expire in August 2010 at which time we will be put onto a bridging visa whilst the 175 goes through (hopefully!!!)

Jo x
There is no bridging visa for a 175. It's an offshore visa, which means you cannot bridge to it.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of

The bridging visa comes from the student visa (which is my husbands visa) - does that make a difference?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:38 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by jdraper
The bridging visa comes from the student visa (which is my husbands visa) - does that make a difference?
If you are bridging to the graduate skilled visa yes. However you cannot bridge to an offshore visa, which the 175/176 is.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

Yeah its possible...One of the person in this forum has done it...his id is krishnaecetech. You can just PM him...He is from July month and applied 175 , got pre grant recently and going out of Aus for vacation..He might be knowing the procedure well for applying 175 on Student visa..

And regarding medicals....you should do it at any HSA centers in Aus.The doctors at HSA will be the one who will finalise the medicals and update the DIAC system and its instant(if every thing is fine).

Hope this helps...

Cheers...
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:06 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by Mayur
Yeah its possible...One of the person in this forum has done it...his id is krishnaecetech. You can just PM him...He is from July month and applied 175 , got pre grant recently and going out of Aus for vacation..He might be knowing the procedure well for applying 175 on Student visa..

And regarding medicals....you should do it at any HSA centers in Aus.The doctors at HSA will be the one who will finalise the medicals and update the DIAC system and its instant(if every thing is fine).

Hope this helps...

Cheers...
That was long before the 23 September changes. 175 visas are now taking a very long time to be processed, so it could be years before they hear anything. In the meantime they will have to either leave Australia when the current student visa runs out or apply for an onshore visa in order to stay.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

krishnaecetech is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Aliash PM me what exact help you require.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That was long before the 23 September changes. 175 visas are now taking a very long time to be processed, so it could be years before they hear anything. In the meantime they will have to either leave Australia when the current student visa runs out or apply for an onshore visa in order to stay.
Yes Dorothy i agree with you for delays in regard with non CSL guys...

But my statement still stand tall and valid for guys with occupation on CSL.The person who i mentioned is on CSL and got his Pre Grant last week in just 4 and half months...

So to the OP for the question whether it is possible to apply for 175 for a guy on student visa and the procedure involved i have given the person id to contact him and regarding medicals its same for every one applying from Australia..i.e at HSA...

Cheers...
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

krishnaecetech is an unknown quantity at this point

Dorothy as Mayur said it is possible if you are on CSL. I dont know what the future is but currently DIAC is processing CSL applicants at a decent rate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.