British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Any September 2006 applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/any-september-2006-applicants-395238/)

Haktahsin May 19th 2007 8:44 pm

Re: Any September 2006 applicants

Originally Posted by ws99 (Post 4800312)
Have a good trip! We fly to Perth next Friday, am v v excited! :D

Ta, have yourselves a great time.

want2bthere May 20th 2007 12:22 am

[QUOTE=Haktahsin;4797949]

Originally Posted by ozzie maz (Post 4780464)
We don't have a date as to when we will eventually head down under yet, however we fly over next Monday to validate our visas and fit in a reccie at the same time.
cant wait, the kids are really excited, they have not had a holiday in such a long while..

Originally Posted by ws99 (Post 4800312)
Have a good trip! We fly to Perth next Friday, am v v excited! :D

have a fab time :thumbsup: x

ozzie maz May 20th 2007 6:09 am

[QUOTE=Janet Rutledge;4803035]Hi Maria

Most of the companies that move your stuff overseas try and do the packing as then they are covered for breakages plus as you say it beats doing it yourself!!!:thumbsup:

Yes I am in the process of getting a quote from Letton Percival for insurance as Anglo Pacific want 3% for their insurance so see how we go there.

Where are you in Romford? My daughter goes dancing in Romford at Colins Performing Arts just off South Street. Do you have any idea when you are going to Australia and where are you heading? You are not heading for Brisbane are you as there seems to be alot of us heading that way!!

Janet x[/QUOTE

We live by the dogs. By the speed our house sale is moving we could be there by the end of july....thats if everything goes ok.....I have all my toes and fingers crossed. We're off to Perth as thats where my sister in law lives! I think she would shoot me if we lived in oz but over the otherside:rofl:

jopaul May 27th 2007 1:15 am

Hi all
hope everything is moving along nicely.

We have sold our house:thumbsup: cant belive it. first day with new agent ( reduced the price a bit as well) and got viewing and they put offer in. so YIPPEE hopefully in about 8 weeks we too will be living in the land down under:eek:

But now the work starts!!! :eek:where do you begin at sorting eveything out, its not just like moving house. Car boots here i come and of course the old faithful Ebay.

good luck everyone

Jo x

ozzie maz May 27th 2007 6:53 am

Originally Posted by want2bthere (Post 4782442)
nah, had viewing on friday they loved it BUT decided to go for another one with slightly bigger garden and if that sale fell through then they'd come back to us:frown:
so naffed of with this house selling lark

Any news on the house sale???

ozzie maz May 27th 2007 6:55 am

Originally Posted by jopaul (Post 4837540)
Hi all
hope everything is moving along nicely.

We have sold our house:thumbsup: cant belive it. first day with new agent ( reduced the price a bit as well) and got viewing and they put offer in. so YIPPEE hopefully in about 8 weeks we too will be living in the land down under:eek:

But now the work starts!!! :eek:where do you begin at sorting eveything out, its not just like moving house. Car boots here i come and of course the old faithful Ebay.

good luck everyone

Jo x

Congrats on the house sale:thumbsup:

I know how you feel, theres so much to do but a lot you can't do until everythings signed!

want2bthere May 28th 2007 6:44 am

Originally Posted by ozzie maz (Post 4838626)
Any news on the house sale???

ok house selling saga update..................... we signed with a new agent last week ,and he seems really enthusiastic about our house. managed to get a deal on fee and contract and he seemed to think that we should have sold long time ago and cant see no reason why it hasnt gone already, so thought we'd give him a go
got a list of viewings we had from old EA and counted them, 10 viewings in 5 mths:eek: thats crap isnt it:sneaky:
anyway fingers crossed with the new EA, should really start seeing a difference this week.

oh and congrats jo, fingers crossed it all goes through smoothly

x

jopaul May 28th 2007 8:47 pm

want to be there

keep your chin up. our old agents only arranged 6 viewings in 4 months. i think they built our hopes up on price etc. trouble is we have a lot of new builds going up around here and you just cant compete with the offers. so we had to cut our losses and loose alot of cash, but still its money the house has made and not what we were owed from it. they have got it at a steal:curse:

hopefully the new agents will come up trumps for you:thumbup: sometimes they all have different approaches. we asked the new agents to put it in the local paper every 2 weeks not every 6 like our old agents.

good luck

Jo x

want2bthere May 29th 2007 12:04 am

Originally Posted by jopaul (Post 4844990)
want to be there

keep your chin up. our old agents only arranged 6 viewings in 4 months. i think they built our hopes up on price etc. trouble is we have a lot of new builds going up around here and you just cant compete with the offers. so we had to cut our losses and loose alot of cash, but still its money the house has made and not what we were owed from it. they have got it at a steal:curse:

hopefully the new agents will come up trumps for you:thumbup: sometimes they all have different approaches. we asked the new agents to put it in the local paper every 2 weeks not every 6 like our old agents.

good luck

Jo x

thanks jo, its a bugger when you think you've giving you're house away: hopefully we'll have some good news soon. our new EA said we could have it in paper every week if we wanted ( think thats a slight overkill!) and he's aso gonna do a half page editoral on it at beginning of property section so we get max exposure. we really havent got anything around us to compete with so thats one thing on our side.
if all else fails then we'll probably drop asking price aswell:(

x

jopaul May 29th 2007 6:47 am

good luck it will happen!!!:)

max exposure is great and a piece on it as well, wish our old one had done that..

keep your chin up
jo xx

ozzie maz May 29th 2007 7:23 am

Originally Posted by want2bthere (Post 4842862)
ok house selling saga update..................... we signed with a new agent last week ,and he seems really enthusiastic about our house. managed to get a deal on fee and contract and he seemed to think that we should have sold long time ago and cant see no reason why it hasnt gone already, so thought we'd give him a go
got a list of viewings we had from old EA and counted them, 10 viewings in 5 mths:eek: thats crap isnt it:sneaky:
anyway fingers crossed with the new EA, should really start seeing a difference this week.

oh and congrats jo, fingers crossed it all goes through smoothly

x

I was hoping that you were going to reply that its all sold....!! 10 viewings in 5 mths does seem pretty crap. My mum and a friend of mine had the same trouble with there first EA but within weeks of going with a different agents they sold at the price they wanted...unfortunately their are some agents who wait for the buyers to walk in the door while others will actively sell your house! Your new agents seem like there really on the ball, so fingers crossed it sells soon.:)
We've had a bit of nightmare last week with our buyers, it seems they now want money off!!! I really can't wait for this all to be over!
I also gave my notice in at work, which wasn't fun, but they've been ok, no one seems to have asked why, I think they wish it was them!

want2bthere May 31st 2007 3:41 am

Originally Posted by ozzie maz (Post 4847620)
I was hoping that you were going to reply that its all sold....!! 10 viewings in 5 mths does seem pretty crap. My mum and a friend of mine had the same trouble with there first EA but within weeks of going with a different agents they sold at the price they wanted...unfortunately their are some agents who wait for the buyers to walk in the door while others will actively sell your house! Your new agents seem like there really on the ball, so fingers crossed it sells soon.:)
We've had a bit of nightmare last week with our buyers, it seems they now want money off!!! I really can't wait for this all to be over!
I also gave my notice in at work, which wasn't fun, but they've been ok, no one seems to have asked why, I think they wish it was them!

i wished i was:( anyway just signed the particulars so EA can now start advertising, goes in paper tomorrow, lets hope for a busy weekend:unsure:

do you reckon your buyers are just trying it on, bloody cheek, whats their reason behind offering less?. nice to know that they'll miss you at work:frown:. wouldnt it be nice if we could just time warp through all this crap and be in aus already.
must remember to keep smiling, been a bit snappy lately or so OH keeps reminding me:o

ozzie maz May 31st 2007 8:05 am

Originally Posted by want2bthere (Post 4856422)
i wished i was:( anyway just signed the particulars so EA can now start advertising, goes in paper tomorrow, lets hope for a busy weekend:unsure:

do you reckon your buyers are just trying it on, bloody cheek, whats their reason behind offering less?. nice to know that they'll miss you at work:frown:. wouldnt it be nice if we could just time warp through all this crap and be in aus already.
must remember to keep smiling, been a bit snappy lately or so OH keeps reminding me:o

:)Good luck with the new EA do they not advertise on the internet as well?

I've been the same to snappy and too scared to plan anything concrete..can't wait for all this to be done!:unsure:
A few things came up in survey nothing at all urgent or scary, basically they got carried away in the bidding war and they've over stretched themselves, so their trying anything to claw back money...even though we are leaving loads of stuff and asking nothing for it! Anyway should all be sorted by tomorrow hopefully, I've just basically said they either except the reduction we have given or we put it back on the market..do not want them thinking that just because were immigrating that they can walk all over us....lets wait and see!!

want2bthere May 31st 2007 9:30 am

Originally Posted by ozzie maz (Post 4857222)
:)Good luck with the new EA do they not advertise on the internet as well?

I've been the same to snappy and too scared to plan anything concrete..can't wait for all this to be done!:unsure:
A few things came up in survey nothing at all urgent or scary, basically they got carried away in the bidding war and they've over stretched themselves, so their trying anything to claw back money...even though we are leaving loads of stuff and asking nothing for it! Anyway should all be sorted by tomorrow hopefully, I've just basically said they either except the reduction we have given or we put it back on the market..do not want them thinking that just because were immigrating that they can walk all over us....lets wait and see!!

yep on internet aswell, got the sales girls from the office coming out tomorrow to have a look so they know what they'll be selling, which i think is a good idea.
fingers crossed that you sort your buyers out soon, i dont blame you for being tough and setting boundries because like you said if you dont they'll think they can get anyway with stuff right up to the minute you sign!
let us know how it all goes

x

marvinc May 31st 2007 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by ozzie maz (Post 4847620)

Good luck with the house sale :D

Our last house we spent about 6 months with an estate agent and got zero viewings, we got other valuations and found that the ones charging 1% just undervalue the house to get a sale........ in the end went with a 2% agent and got them to agree to come down to 1.75% two viewings and the second one brought it.......... haven't even started to sale this time for the move, will wait until after reccie so have all that to look forward too....... Anyone tried selling their own home, have noticed a few for sale boards up with 'sale your own home.com' or similar??