British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Any September 2006 applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/any-september-2006-applicants-395238/)

want2bthere Apr 24th 2007 12:02 am

Re: Any September 2006 applicants

Originally Posted by Haktahsin (Post 4689579)
Question to those who have been fortunate enough to get the visa;

When you sent your passports, were they sent to Australia House in London? if yes does anyone know if they can be taken their to be stamped, as appose to posted?

The only reason I ask, in the hope that we do get the visa, I may wish to take our passports personally as I work only 10 mins walk away.

yep australia house and no they wont except them if you take them , they have to be sent:huh:

x

Clippy Apr 24th 2007 12:03 am

When you sent your passports, were they sent to Australia House in London? if yes does anyone know if they can be taken their to be stamped, as appose to posted?

The only reason I ask, in the hope that we do get the visa, I may wish to take our passports personally as I work only 10 mins walk away.

I'd like to know that too - if we end up getting the visa grant the day before our hoiday then it'd be a trip to London for us if that's possible.

Clippy Apr 24th 2007 12:06 am

Originally Posted by want2bthere (Post 4689645)
yep australia house and no they wont except them if you take them , they have to be sent:huh:

x

Oh bugger :(

want2bthere Apr 24th 2007 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Clippies (Post 4689646)
I'd like to know that too - if we end up getting the visa grant the day before our hoiday then it'd be a trip to London for us if that's possible.

oh kath you must be going slighlty insane with all this what if's. fingers crossed that you get yours really soon, cant be much longer.
only took 3 days for visas to come back in passports so fingers crossed you'll have time.

x

want2bthere Apr 24th 2007 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Clippies (Post 4689672)
Oh bugger :(

it was mentioned in the visa letter, maybe its to stop the barage of hopefuls wanting to get that lovely sticker.:eek:

Clippy Apr 24th 2007 12:17 am

Originally Posted by want2bthere (Post 4689674)
oh kath you must be going slighlty insane with all this what if's. fingers crossed that you get yours really soon, cant be much longer.
only took 3 days for visas to come back in passports so fingers crossed you'll have time.

x

I am definitely going insane :eek:

Originally Posted by want2bthere (Post 4689687)
it was mentioned in the visa letter, maybe its to stop the barage of hopefuls wanting to get that lovely sticker.:eek:

Lol, yes I imagine it is - all those eager to be expats queuing at the doors :D

Haktahsin Apr 24th 2007 12:19 am

Originally Posted by want2bthere (Post 4689645)

x

Drat, keep us waiting even more, why don't they!!:mad:

But then again, I haven't even received a visa yet, how impatient am I..!!!!

want2bthere Apr 24th 2007 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Haktahsin (Post 4689728)
Drat, keep us waiting even more, why don't they!!:mad:

But then again, I haven't even received a visa yet, how impatient am I..!!!!

:D , now remember in and out, in and out and relax ;)

WS Apr 24th 2007 12:23 am

Clippies - you'll get it very soon. DIAC said that to us, and two weeks later we got it! :D

Clippy Apr 24th 2007 12:27 am

Originally Posted by ws99 (Post 4689750)
Clippies - you'll get it very soon. DIAC said that to us, and two weeks later we got it! :D

Eek, I hope so I can't take it much more, think I'm going to implode!

marvinc Apr 24th 2007 12:28 am

I read somewhere that you can't wait for them to be done but don't suppose there is anything to stop you taking them in as long as you put a SAE in the package :D

marvinc Apr 24th 2007 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Clippies (Post 4689261)
I'm sure my co must be on holiday, that's my reasoning behind it anyway! Hope it's just a short holiday :unsure:

Least they will be in a good mood after a holiday :D :thumbsup:

marvinc Apr 24th 2007 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Clippies (Post 4689767)
Eek, I hope so I can't take it much more, think I'm going to implode!

Just no way of knowing......... this time tomorrow you cold have it and it's old news :rofl: Was looking at some Feb ones getting visa's today, very pleased for them but it must be so frustrating when you applied in July. Our Septemberites applications all took until about mid November to even get an acknowledgement - but the funny thing is soon as you have a "I got it" it's all forgotten about - best wishes and fingers (and toes) crossed :thumbsup:

Clippy Apr 24th 2007 12:37 am

Originally Posted by marvinc (Post 4689799)
Just no way of knowing......... this time tomorrow you cold have it and it's old news :rofl: Was looking at some Feb ones getting visa's today, very pleased for them but it must be so frustrating when you applied in July. Our Septemberites applications all took until about mid November to even get an acknowledgement - but the funny thing is soon as you have a "I got it" it's all forgotten about - best wishes and fingers (and toes) crossed :thumbsup:

I made the mistake of reading the Feb thread - yes I'm chuffed they're getting visas I really am but just makes me feel more fed up that we haven't got ours and I do feel like stamping my feet and saying it's not fair :rofl:

You see I may not be green on the spreadsheet yet but I'm going rapidly green with jealousy :D

want2bthere Apr 24th 2007 12:38 am

Originally Posted by marvinc (Post 4689799)

how true;)