Any recently applied 138's out there?

Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any recently applied 138's out there?

Our application went in on 3rd February and we had our acknowledgement a few days ago. I looked on Austimeline and there's hardly any other 138's. My agent said it's slow at the moment, so I would be interested in speaking to anyone else to see what they've heard/seen etc.

Ta
Suzi
xxx

Last edited by suzimc; Feb 24th 2006 at 5:55 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 6:32 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any recently applied 138's out there?

Originally Posted by suzimc
Our application went in on 3rd February and we had our acknowledgement a few days ago. I looked on Austimeline and there's hardly any other 138's. My agent said it's slow at the moment, so I would be interested in speaking to anyone else to see what they've heard/seen etc.

Ta
Suzi
xxx
not sent in recently suzi, sent in end of august acknowledged 6/9/05. heard absolutly nothing since. now over 6 months

there arent too many 138's, dunno why? maybe its because they take so damn long. they are the slowest visa types to be processed at the mo.

is your occupation on the MODL list? if it is, that will make your timeline quicker.

do a search on here for 138 visa types, there are a few threads.

good luck with your application.
xx
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Hi Suzi

Also not recent but a 138 nevertheless. Just to say welcome to BE and hope you don't half kill yourself waiting like SB and I have. And Lace! Try and take a holiday meantime instead of just glueing yourself to computer for months and months. You can see roughly how long it will take until you hear anything. Good luck!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 7:10 am
Neat682

> > Our application went in on 3rd February and we had our
    > > acknowledgement
    > > a few days ago. I looked on Austimeline and there's hardly any other
    > > 138's. My agent said it's slow at the moment, so I would be
    > > interested
    > > in speaking to anyone else to see what they've heard/seen etc.
    > > Ta
    > > Suzi
    > > xxx
    > Hi Suzi
    > Also not recent but a 138 nevertheless. Just to say welcome to BE and
    > hope you don't half kill yourself waiting like SB and I have. And
    > Lace!
    > Try and take a holiday meantime instead of just glueing yourself to
    > computer for months and months. You can see roughly how long it will
    > take until you hear anything. Good luck!
    > --

Hi, we are 138's and have heard very little since we sent app in Aug.
138 are defineately slow!!! I thought it was just us.

neat682
x

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

gary + mandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Any recently applied 138's out there?

Ta
Suzi
xxx
HI ALL 138'S. We applied at the beginning of DEC,we haven't had any news yet! We had are x-rays done yesterday and having our medicals done Tuesday unrequested. Its hell waiting and not knowing whats going on.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:00 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gary + mandy
HI ALL 138'S. We applied at the beginning of DEC,we haven't had any news yet! We had are x-rays done yesterday and having our medicals done Tuesday unrequested. Its hell waiting and not knowing whats going on.

are you on the MODL list gary + mandy?
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:24 am
Never going back

Hi, we are 138's and have heard very little since we sent app in Aug.
138 are defineately slow!!! I thought it was just us.

neat682
x

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com[/QUOTE]

have you heard anything yet anita? we are getting a little uptight about it now

xx
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

gary + mandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Any recently applied 138's out there?

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
are you on the MODL list gary + mandy?
No we are non -modl. We was hoping to be out there by the end of oct, what about you?
Old Feb 25th 2006, 12:59 pm
to the ends of the earth

ozhh is a jewel in the roughozhh is a jewel in the roughozhh is a jewel in the roughozhh is a jewel in the roughozhh is a jewel in the rough

Ta
Suzi
xxx
Hi, again we are not recent, application ack 29th July but have just lodged bond, so nearing 7 mths now. God bles your application!! I hope things speed up for you.
HH
Old Feb 25th 2006, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

We're in a bizarre situation because after we made the decision to go for this my husband was offered a 6 month placement in the US, which was too good to turn down. It will probably make the waiting game a bit easier, and we have front loaded our application, as advised by our agent, so that all our medicals and stuff couple be done in the UK, which hopefully will speed things up a little bit, but it means that come July we will kind of be in limbo...

we are non-MODL too.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 3:05 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by gary + mandy
No we are non -modl. We was hoping to be out there by the end of oct, what about you?
we are non-modl as well. hopefully by the end of summer??!!!

we are just over the 6 month mark, and heard diddles. starting to get to us a bit now
Old Feb 25th 2006, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

we are non-modl as well. hopefully by the end of summer??!!!

we are just over the 6 month mark, and heard diddles. starting to get to us a bit now
My agent told me she expected it would be about 8 months til we heard about anything without front loading, around 4 with, but it's always a bit of a finger in the air thing...
Old Feb 25th 2006, 3:46 pm
Never going back

My agent told me she expected it would be about 8 months til we heard about anything without front loading, around 4 with, but it's always a bit of a finger in the air thing...
thats interesting. i wonder how many on the 138 visa types have front loaded and its made a difference. i think happymum and ozhh have frontloaded, and they still had to wait round about up to the 7 month mark before getting their AOS request?? i maybe wrong though
Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

thats interesting. i wonder how many on the 138 visa types have front loaded and its made a difference. i think happymum and ozhh have frontloaded, and they still had to wait round about up to the 7 month mark before getting their AOS request?? i maybe wrong though
I am ready for a long wait! I can't believe that front loading could make a difference of 4 whole months.....
Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:20 pm
Never going back

I am ready for a long wait! I can't believe that front loading could make a difference of 4 whole months.....
more likely about 6 weeks, but the agent may prove me wrong.

god, i hope not, we could have done our medicals ages ago, but held on

enjoy the USA!!!
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.