Any news from the ACS in regard MCSE?

Old Dec 29th 2005, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all
Default Any news from the ACS in regard MCSE?

Just wondering if anybody had any news from the ACS in regard their dropping or continuing of group B assessment based on an MCSE, or other trade certs?....the rumor was that Microsoft certs would be dropped come Dec 23rd, I haven't found anything on there web site about them dropping any trade certs....just wondering if anybody had any info?
Old Dec 29th 2005, 10:34 pm

bjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Any news from the ACS in regard MCSE?

Originally Posted by Cardos
Just wondering if anybody had any news from the ACS in regard their dropping or continuing of group B assessment based on an MCSE, or other trade certs?....the rumor was that Microsoft certs would be dropped come Dec 23rd, I haven't found anything on there web site about them dropping any trade certs....just wondering if anybody had any info?

I never thought they went for the trade certs like Microsoft's MCSE. I therefore did not pursue that route and instead chased up my previous skills in electronics.

Anyone else know anything on this ??

Brian.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 10:51 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bjbrian
I never thought they went for the trade certs like Microsoft's MCSE. I therefore did not pursue that route and instead chased up my previous skills in electronics.

Anyone else know anything on this ??

Brian.
ACS have accepted MCSE/MCSD/CLP/CNE as equivalent to an Australian diploma in IT for some years now. There has been talk they were going to withdraw this recognition this month, but that appears to be 'on-hold' for now.

Jeremy
Old Dec 30th 2005, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
ACS have accepted MCSE/MCSD/CLP/CNE as equivalent to an Australian diploma in IT for some years now. There has been talk they were going to withdraw this recognition this month, but that appears to be 'on-hold' for now.

Jeremy
Thanks guys....just trying to work out my next move, I will have to give this a bit of thought now....continue with my MCSE, im not far off now, or enroll in a HNC via distance learning.

On one hand the MCSE is internationally recognised and many employers seek MCSE's on the other hand a HNC is a 'firmer' qualification IMO but it's British, and wouldn't hold much weight with future Aussie employers......hmmmmmmm, problem is although I got over 6 years xp in ICT the first 2 year where in 1st line support and I don't think would be classed as 'professional' xp, so in reality I only have 4.5 yrs professional xp.

I think the safest bet would be continue with my MCSE until April, then enroll in the HNC. I think it's jolly unfair that ACS have accepted MCSE's since 1998 and now may decide at any time that it's no longer a suitable cert....especially when if you do Aussie job searches so many request an MCSE certification.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 11:23 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardos
I think the safest bet would be continue with my MCSE until April, then enroll in the HNC. I think it's jolly unfair that ACS have accepted MCSE's since 1998 and now may decide at any time that it's no longer a suitable cert....especially when if you do Aussie job searches so many request an MCSE certification.
There have been rumours about ACS not recognising MCSE any longer since I started looking into it nearly 2 years ago. There are lots and lots of rumours doing the rounds on various immigration issues and most of them never see the light of day. So my advice would be not to panic, look at all the options based on the current situation and pick the best one for you.