British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Any May 06 Visa applicants? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/any-may-06-visa-applicants-369507/)

Weasy Apr 24th 2006 2:05 pm

Any May 06 Visa applicants?

Was hoping to be a March applicant, then an April but still waiting for vetassess skills assessment so will (hopefully) be May now. Anyone care to join me?

Lou
xx

Sunny_Glesga Apr 24th 2006 2:25 pm

Re: Any May 06 Visa applicants?

Looks like we will just miss April but deffinately be May applicants, I hope

Originally Posted by charles.edington
Was hoping to be a March applicant, then an April but still waiting for vetassess skills assessment so will (hopefully) be May now. Anyone care to join me?

Lou
xx

Weasy Apr 24th 2006 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
Looks like we will just miss April but deffinately be May applicants, I hope

Are you waiting for your skills assessment too?

Lou
xx

leechy100 Apr 24th 2006 9:08 pm

Lou
xx

We were also going to be March, then April, now May applicants. Just because we haven't really been on top of things, something always seemed to crop up, but the copies are getting certified tomorrow then it should be off to the agent the day after, Nicky

Weasy Apr 24th 2006 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by leechy100
We were also going to be March, then April, now May applicants. Just because we haven't really been on top of things, something always seemed to crop up, but the copies are getting certified tomorrow then it should be off to the agent the day after, Nicky

Hi again,

Which visa are you applying for?

Lou
xx

leechy100 Apr 24th 2006 9:20 pm

Hi again,

Which visa are you applying for?

Lou
xx

We are applying for 136 skilled ind. Husband is refrigeration and air con mechanic. Got TRA in Feb. What about you? Nicky

Weasy Apr 24th 2006 9:27 pm

We are applying for 136 skilled ind. Husband is refrigeration and air con mechanic. Got TRA in Feb. What about you? Nicky

We're 139 skilled designated area sponsored. Still waiting for vetassess - was hoping to hear tomorrow until we realised that it's Anzac day.....

Lou
xx

leechy100 Apr 24th 2006 9:36 pm

We're 139 skilled designated area sponsored. Still waiting for vetassess - was hoping to hear tomorrow until we realised that it's Anzac day.....

Lou
xx

I am sure you will hear soon,what is the timeline for vetassess? Where are you heading for? We are heading for Perth.

Weasy Apr 24th 2006 9:38 pm

I am sure you will hear soon,what is the timeline for vetassess? Where are you heading for? We are heading for Perth.

The way they are at the moment it SHOULD be this week. But it's Anzac day tomorrow :( so no emails......

We're off to Adelaide where the rellies are.

Lou
xx

stevensfamily Apr 24th 2006 9:51 pm

Lou
xx

Hi Lou,

Me again, as you know we will be with you in May. Hubby off to Iraq in June so it will focus us to get things done in next week or so. Waiting Form 40 from Aunt so that is our next worry, God I hope she has completed it properly.

Cheryl

Weasy Apr 24th 2006 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
Hi Lou,

Me again, as you know we will be with you in May. Hubby off to Iraq in June so it will focus us to get things done in next week or so. Waiting Form 40 from Aunt so that is our next worry, God I hope she has completed it properly.

Cheryl

Can't remember if you're doing it yourself or not. Our agent said that basically so long as it's signed and dated and their personal details and docs are okay then you can change the details about you and family. My Uncle was pretty efficient - we've had the form for ages. Is your hubby in the army?

Lou
xx

stevensfamily Apr 24th 2006 10:04 pm

Can't remember if you're doing it yourself or not. Our agent said that basically so long as it's signed and dated and their personal details and docs are okay then you can change the details about you and family. My Uncle was pretty efficient - we've had the form for ages. Is your hubby in the army?

Lou
xx

Yes Lou, he is due to finish his 22 years service in July 2007 so fast approaching. We are living in Germany, we have two children aged 10 and 7 and cannot wait to give them their first proper home. My daughter (eldest) has had 6 schools poor thing. They have never really lived in UK ( a few months when babies) so we hope the move to Oz wont be to traumatic. They have lived in Germany and Cyprus so are quite well travelled. We all went over to Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane last Easter and the kids loved it. We are planning to go to Melbourne (Mornington Peninsular). Friends moved to Adelaide last September, both got jobs and have bought a house in Belair.

Cheryl

Weasy Apr 24th 2006 10:14 pm

Yes Lou, he is due to finish his 22 years service in July 2007 so fast approaching. We are living in Germany, we have two children aged 10 and 7 and cannot wait to give them their first proper home. My daughter (eldest) has had 6 schools poor thing. They have never really lived in UK ( a few months when babies) so we hope the move to Oz wont be to traumatic. They have lived in Germany and Cyprus so are quite well travelled. We all went over to Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane last Easter and the kids loved it. We are planning to go to Melbourne (Mornington Peninsular). Friends moved to Adelaide last September, both got jobs and have bought a house in Belair.

Cheryl

Look forward to seeing this through together Cheryl. Bet you're not looking forward to hubby going to Iraq though - or are you used to it after 22 years!!!

Lou
xx

i`ll get there Apr 25th 2006 12:12 am

hey guys, im too hoping to be a May applicant just finalising TRA skills assesment, just wanted to drop a line and say hi, ive been applying now for 3 years ( i know) its been hell, i originally applied as a chef but due to some very strange guidlines they have,i was refused, then again so now 3 yrs on am applying as a cook!!! thought id say hi, its good to talk to other guys in same boat :-)

Weasy Apr 25th 2006 7:05 am

Originally Posted by i`ll get there
hey guys, im too hoping to be a May applicant just finalising TRA skills assesment, just wanted to drop a line and say hi, ive been applying now for 3 years ( i know) its been hell, i originally applied as a chef but due to some very strange guidlines they have,i was refused, then again so now 3 yrs on am applying as a cook!!! thought id say hi, its good to talk to other guys in same boat :-)

Wow, that's a bit of a stretch - 3 years!!!!! These rules are very strange sometimes - that you can maybe get is as a cook and not a chef?????? Any way welcome. Where are you heading and what visa?

Lou
xx

sa-redback Apr 25th 2006 9:58 am

Good Morning Lou
hope you are feeling better today :)

Weasy Apr 25th 2006 11:19 am

Originally Posted by sa-redback
Good Morning Lou
hope you are feeling better today :)

Thanks so much. Yes, I do - had a good nights sleep, went to see my alternative therapist (I see her cos of back probs) and she thinks I have a slight kidney infection which always makes me feel low. Think she's right I was just ignoring it cos' I was stressed. She's given me some relaxation techniques and I'm going to try and be gentle with myself. After all - there's nothing I can do to move this on so I have to be MORE PATIENT lol

Thanks for asking.

Lou
xx

CathnPaul Apr 25th 2006 7:43 pm

Lou
xx

Lou can I borrow this thread until I can set up the June 06 139 applicants????

Weasy Apr 25th 2006 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Lou can I borrow this thread until I can set up the June 06 139 applicants????

Of course you can Cath - I'm going to meander between this and Aprils as we're kinda both.

Lou
xx

CathnPaul Apr 25th 2006 7:53 pm

Of course you can Cath - I'm going to meander between this and Aprils as we're kinda both.

Lou
xx

oooo meander...sounds a bit poetic for me. lol.

If anyone is interested my agents sidekick mentioned that the 139 may slow down timewise after the july 1st changes... i was planning on a similar timeline as lacey but no chance apparently. They reckon DIMA will concentrate on the training for the new visa rather than concentrating on the 139..but hey ho as long as we get there eventually eh folks????

Weasy Apr 25th 2006 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
oooo meander...sounds a bit poetic for me. lol.

If anyone is interested my agents sidekick mentioned that the 139 may slow down timewise after the july 1st changes... i was planning on a similar timeline as lacey but no chance apparently. They reckon DIMA will concentrate on the training for the new visa rather than concentrating on the 139..but hey ho as long as we get there eventually eh folks????

Oh bloody hell - still not a lot we can do about it eh?

Lou
xx

i`ll get there Apr 26th 2006 12:09 am

Wow, that's a bit of a stretch - 3 years!!!!! These rules are very strange sometimes - that you can maybe get is as a cook and not a chef?????? Any way welcome. Where are you heading and what visa?

Lou
xx

yeah i lived there for 3 yrs on sponsorship and started to apply then, i had it refused twice by TRA, and after a lot of tears and tantrums have found a new agent. she seems to be great and am working with Go Matilda too. they are pretty confident that ill get the 60 points as a cook instead as you need 9 years experience in total to qualify as a chef. should be cool as cook is also on the MODL. so im crossing everything now haha...... im hoping to send TRA off again next week. Sydney is the only destination for me, dont get me wrong i love all parts i saw but after my time there made a real good bunch of friends :-)
so im new to this what about you?which way are you pursuing all of this :-)
hope to talk again soon
Darren

stevensfamily Apr 26th 2006 2:25 pm

Look forward to seeing this through together Cheryl. Bet you're not looking forward to hubby going to Iraq though - or are you used to it after 22 years!!!

Lou
xx

No Lou, I am not looking forward to him going, he is the admin person so leaving me behind to get paperwork for police and meds etc eventually will be awful. I am obviously worried that he is going as he has nearly finished his 22 so I though we had seen the last of him going away. He is very sweet though he has booked a weekend for me and a neighbour to go to see Robbie Williams in Paris on 17th June to cheer me up. Kids are booked into neighbours so time to chill out for a couple of days, will be nice. I am in bits at the moment because we are just waiting for my Aunt. I have told her that the deadline is fast approaching but still waiting. I think I am more stressed about this than bloody VETASSES, I had more confidence that that would happen EVENTUALLY.

Anyway, you can take a few deep breaths now until the next bit.

Chat soon,

Cheryl

leechy100 Apr 26th 2006 8:42 pm

Lou
xx

Ihave congratulated you on your other thread but thought i would congratulate you on here too, so congratulations on getting a positive vetassess assesment!!!!!!!
Have you managed to get the visa application off today?
Nicky x

Weasy Apr 26th 2006 8:45 pm

Ihave congratulated you on your other thread but thought i would congratulate you on here too, so congratulations on getting a positive vetassess assesment!!!!!!!
Have you managed to get the visa application off today?
Nicky x

Hmmmm - well there was a slight hiccup but one last thing off to agents tomorrow so it should be going on Friday.... Thanks for your congrats. Karma sent.

Lou
xx

Weasy Apr 26th 2006 8:48 pm

No Lou, I am not looking forward to him going, he is the admin person so leaving me behind to get paperwork for police and meds etc eventually will be awful. I am obviously worried that he is going as he has nearly finished his 22 so I though we had seen the last of him going away. He is very sweet though he has booked a weekend for me and a neighbour to go to see Robbie Williams in Paris on 17th June to cheer me up. Kids are booked into neighbours so time to chill out for a couple of days, will be nice. I am in bits at the moment because we are just waiting for my Aunt. I have told her that the deadline is fast approaching but still waiting. I think I am more stressed about this than bloody VETASSES, I had more confidence that that would happen EVENTUALLY.

Anyway, you can take a few deep breaths now until the next bit.

Chat soon,

Cheryl

Lol Cheryl - don't think it'll be long until we're stressing about whether CC has been debited/when we get the acknowledgement/when to do the medicals and PCs..... But for now we are a bit more chilled.

Paris sounds great. I'm off to Eden Hall Spa for a day with some mates next Friday as a stress relieving treat, never been to one before...

Speak soon

Lou
xx

leechy100 Apr 26th 2006 8:50 pm

Hmmmm - well there was a slight hiccup but one last thing off to agents tomorrow so it should be going on Friday.... Thanks for your congrats. Karma sent.

Lou
xx

Hoping to send ours to agent on Friday, just got last of copies certified today, just got to go to bank for a cheque, then jobs a good un! Nicky

Weasy Apr 26th 2006 9:11 pm

Hoping to send ours to agent on Friday, just got last of copies certified today, just got to go to bank for a cheque, then jobs a good un! Nicky

So we'll be about on the same timeline - it's very exciting isn't it? Hope the house sells though :(

Lou
xx

leechy100 Apr 26th 2006 9:38 pm

So we'll be about on the same timeline - it's very exciting isn't it? Hope the house sells though :(

Lou
xx

Have you put it up for sale yet?
Nicky

Weasy Apr 28th 2006 8:12 pm

Have you put it up for sale yet?
Nicky

Yes Nicky

We put it on the market on the 19th Feb at more than we expect to get in the hope that some mad person would pay over the odds :). No viewers though so we'll lower the price soon in a more serious attempt to sell. Don't want to have visa and not be able to sell - would rather rent for a while.

Lou
xx

Weasy May 3rd 2006 6:10 pm

Just wandering how all the May 06 applicants are doing and if there are any more coming on board this week?

Lou
xx

PJA May 3rd 2006 6:24 pm

Just wandering how all the May 06 applicants are doing and if there are any more coming on board this week?

Lou
xx

Hi everyone, really hoping to be a May applicant too!! Still waiting on skills assessment though - we're using Go Matilda too who were mentioned previously.

Let's hope we all get our applications in this month!

Jane

Weasy May 3rd 2006 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by PJA
Hi everyone, really hoping to be a May applicant too!! Still waiting on skills assessment though - we're using Go Matilda too who were mentioned previously.

Let's hope we all get our applications in this month!

Jane

Hi Jane

Welcome and good luck with your skills assessment.

Lou
xx

Weasy May 11th 2006 9:51 am

Thought I'd bump this thread up again as there must be more May applicants than this. Melty are you joining us? Hopefully Cheryl will be joining us. Must be more of us so we can support each other through the process.

Lou
xx

PJA May 11th 2006 10:16 am

Thought I'd bump this thread up again as there must be more May applicants than this. Melty are you joining us? Hopefully Cheryl will be joining us. Must be more of us so we can support each other through the process.

Lou
xx

Got a horrible feeling I'll be on a June applicant thread! Still waiting for skills assessment, processing time used to be 2-4 weeks but now 6-8 weeks! We've sent our main application to our agent now so as soon as we get skills back it will be in! Either end of May or early June!

Jane

mindblower May 11th 2006 10:24 am

Lou
xx

May applicant from Oldham here.

Dave

Weasy May 11th 2006 11:00 am

Originally Posted by mindblower
May applicant from Oldham here.

Dave

Hi Dave

See you are hoping for Perth by '08 - which visa are you applying for? We're applying for a 139 (skilled designated area sponsored) and are hoping to move to Adelaide before Christmas.

Lou
xx

Weasy May 11th 2006 11:02 am

Originally Posted by PJA
Got a horrible feeling I'll be on a June applicant thread! Still waiting for skills assessment, processing time used to be 2-4 weeks but now 6-8 weeks! We've sent our main application to our agent now so as soon as we get skills back it will be in! Either end of May or early June!

Jane

Jane

We were in a similar position with our skills assessment. We originally hoped to be March applicants but Vetassess took 11 weeks!!!! Fingers crossed it comes through soon.

Lou
xx

Willij May 11th 2006 11:48 am

Lou
xx

Hi,

We're the same as everyone else - trying to get visa app. off this weekend. I find it really hard fittting in form filling after a day's work and then looking after the children. (136 Skilled - Fitter)

I was wondering how many people are putting their house up for sale straight away ?

Also anyone know the latest timeline for MODL - I saw 6/7 months somewhere ?

Weasy May 11th 2006 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Willij
Hi,

We're the same as everyone else - trying to get visa app. off this weekend. I find it really hard fittting in form filling after a day's work and then looking after the children. (136 Skilled - Fitter)

I was wondering how many people are putting their house up for sale straight away ?

Also anyone know the latest timeline for MODL - I saw 6/7 months somewhere ?

Hi and welcome

Our house has been on the market since February. We figured we'd rather risk selling quickly and having to rent rather than have visa and not be able to sell.... Only one viewer so far though :(.

Lou
xx