Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any Jan/Feb 136 applicants got case officer allocated yet/letter?

Any Jan/Feb 136 applicants got case officer allocated yet/letter?

Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:43 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Jan/Feb 136 applicants got case officer allocated yet/letter?

So i'm not the only one who is making myself late for work in the morning because I just HAVE to check my e-mail!!!!!!? And its a big let down when there are only British expat e-mails!!!!! (only kidding folks!)

Lynn
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:07 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
So i'm not the only one who is making myself late for work in the morning because I just HAVE to check my e-mail!!!!!!? And its a big let down when there are only British expat e-mails!!!!! (only kidding folks!)

Lynn
I also have to check when I'm at work x 2
when I get home x 1
AND before bed !!!!!

Hopefully when I get to Australia I'll finally get a life !!!!!!!
Gillian
Old Mar 18th 2005, 5:02 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope so Cas - will be exciting when all the visa's start getting granted.
Are you still loving Melbourne? Any better on the job front yet?

Lynn
Still loving Melbourne

Some big changes are happening at work - and it is turning out good (also helps that I've been told I can go part-time as soon as PR comes)

I'm REALLY sad, as have set my hotmail account to send text to mobile as and when DIMIA email me !!

Cas
Old Mar 19th 2005, 9:04 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I'm REALLY sad, as have set my hotmail account to send text to mobile as and when DIMIA email me !!

Cas

Thats not sad , thats normal !!!!!!
Gillian
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

I have had a reply from the dimia saying that due to the huge amount of loose mail they have and the amount of applications they have it is impossible to find out if my medicals got there.
If anything gets posted to the dimia then you should contact your postal source to track it. (I could not do this as it was sent by the docs, hence reason for sending email in the first place).
If anything gets posted to the dimia then it should either have ref number on or name, address and date of birth on the envelope.

So basically no wiser now than I was a week ago.

So now we go back to the waiting in that horrid place called limbo again!!

Hope you lot have more luck than me.

Libby.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:20 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LIBBY
I have had a reply from the dimia saying that due to the huge amount of loose mail they have and the amount of applications they have it is impossible to find out if my medicals got there.
If anything gets posted to the dimia then you should contact your postal source to track it. (I could not do this as it was sent by the docs, hence reason for sending email in the first place).
If anything gets posted to the dimia then it should either have ref number on or name, address and date of birth on the envelope.

So basically no wiser now than I was a week ago.

So now we go back to the waiting in that horrid place called limbo again!!

Hope you lot have more luck than me.

Libby.
Hi Libby, I've got my fingers crossed for you that they do have your meds and they are able to match it to your application.
Good luck,
Marie
Old Mar 21st 2005, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi Libby, I've got my fingers crossed for you that they do have your meds and they are able to match it to your application.
Good luck,
Marie
Thankyou Marie, I hope so too.

My meds did have the file No on them but we sent them unrequested, but now they go to sydney I cant help but worry because they were not expected.
When we sent them we thought it was the right thing to do for us with having the file number but now I am not so sure. Part of me wished we had waited until they were asked for.
Oh well no point whinging about it now, whats done is done as my hubby keeps reminding me bless him.

Good luck to you marie,

Libby
Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by LIBBY
Thankyou Marie, I hope so too.

My meds did have the file No on them but we sent them unrequested, but now they go to sydney I cant help but worry because they were not expected.
When we sent them we thought it was the right thing to do for us with having the file number but now I am not so sure. Part of me wished we had waited until they were asked for.
Oh well no point whinging about it now, whats done is done as my hubby keeps reminding me bless him.

Good luck to you marie,

Libby
Libby oh my god - I got e-mail this am as well - mine simply said - no, medicals not recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So worried now. Like you I also had my case file number on them - I have left an urgent message with panel Dr and have asked them to track them - seeing they use a 'courier' (although its ISF)
and phone me back today - the e-mail also asked where the Dr sent them so I have a feeling that Dr sent meds to Sydney and Adelaide have not bothered to check there as e-mail was from Adelaide SPC. Maybe if Dr can shed some light then I can e-mail back and they can look again for them. If they have not been delivered then I feel this is the Dr's responsibility and the Dr should repeat the meds/ x-rays at no cost to me. totally worried sick as the total cost of them for me and my hubbie was 408 pounds (inc x-rays 2)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Libby if you do the same for me!!!!

Lynn
Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:06 pm
sme
......in the sand !

Libby oh my god - I got e-mail this am as well - mine simply said - no, medicals not recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So worried now. Like you I also had my case file number on them - I have left an urgent message with panel Dr and have asked them to track them - seeing they use a 'courier' (although its ISF)
and phone me back today - the e-mail also asked where the Dr sent them so I have a feeling that Dr sent meds to Sydney and Adelaide have not bothered to check there as e-mail was from Adelaide SPC. Maybe if Dr can shed some light then I can e-mail back and they can look again for them. If they have not been delivered then I feel this is the Dr's responsibility and the Dr should repeat the meds/ x-rays at no cost to me. totally worried sick as the total cost of them for me and my hubbie was 408 pounds (inc x-rays 2)

Lynn

How horrible for both of you........my fingers would now be stumps- I will keep them crossed anyhow for you both!!!!!
Heres hoping DIMIA start searching for you.
Gillian
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lynn
OH MY GOD LYNN, I REALLY FEEL FOR YOU, AND ALL THINGS CROSSABLE ARE!

My email said they would not even check so I have no clue about mine.

Yes I do agree, if they have not received them then the doctors have to do repeat for free.
How frustrating for you. Hopefully its just a mix up and they are sat on someones desk in Sydney waiting for someone to check them.

Thinking about you,
Libby
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:35 pm
Account Closed

Lynn
What's been going on girls - gone away for a couple of days, and then read these posts?!

Fingers crossed for you that everything is ok

Cas xx
Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:09 pm

What's been going on girls - gone away for a couple of days, and then read these posts?!

Fingers crossed for you that everything is ok

Cas xx
Thanks Cas, Libby and Gillian

I know! where are all these medicals going then?! Its not like they didn't have case file numbers on them to allow them to be matched up!

I am no further forward as the Dr's receptionist did not return my message I left and I could not get a hold of her by persisting calling - will be on to them again tomorrow - so back in limbo land again, my e-mail *seemed* like the lady might look for them if I could tell her where the Dr posted them too - she was based in ASPC and ? the meds might of gone to Sydney? All guesswork at the minute but hears hoping this can be rectified.

A sleepless night tonight me thinks

Lynn
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sme
How horrible for both of you........my fingers would now be stumps- I will keep them crossed anyhow for you both!!!!!
Heres hoping DIMIA start searching for you.
Gillian

I phoned DIMIA today - and was told that MODL applications are taking 4 to 6 months (including nurses), and non-MODL 12 months plus.

When I asked when it would be likely I would get a CO, she said about two to three months from application.

But haven't allocations started to come through?

Cas
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:55 am
Grateful

yinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the rough

I phoned DIMIA today - and was told that MODL applications are taking 4 to 6 months (including nurses), and non-MODL 12 months plus.

When I asked when it would be likely I would get a CO, she said about two to three months from application.

Cas
this sounds like the pre-July system
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:03 am
sme
......in the sand !

Unhappy Re: Any Jan/Feb 136 applicants got case officer allocated yet/letter?

Cas

Thats started the day off on a downer ............was planning (in my optomistic mind) to be unpacked by then !!!!!!!!!
Gillian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.