Any HR Managers who are or have applied

Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

Palescots is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any HR Managers who are or have applied

Hi, (us again)

I'm an HR Manager (60 points woo hoo) and have 12 years experience, and have my CIPD (of which i'm a member making me a MCIPD)
So if anyone one knows how these qualification are assesed by immi etc id be greatfull for the info.

Thanks

Janice & David
Old Sep 6th 2007, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any HR Managers who are or have applied

Hi,

Try VETASSESS at

http://www.vetassess.com.au

You can check your occupation (ASCO Code needed) and it will tell you what qualifications you need to be considered qualified in this occupation.

You sound very well qualified - so I wouldn't worry! Most occupations only need a degree a CIPD is classed as a postgrad / masters.

If your occupation is not on their list try searching the DIAC site for a list of occupation assessors.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gotooz1
Hi,

Try VETASSESS at

http://www.vetassess.com.au

You can check your occupation (ASCO Code needed) and it will tell you what qualifications you need to be considered qualified in this occupation.

You sound very well qualified - so I wouldn't worry! Most occupations only need a degree a CIPD is classed as a postgrad / masters.

If your occupation is not on their list try searching the DIAC site for a list of occupation assessors.
Wheres the DIAC site?
Oh and thanks very much for that.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 7:41 pm
Account Closed

Hi again,

I found this for you. It's the skilled occupation list (SOL);

http://www.acacia-au.com/sol.php

If you click on a class it will take you through to a list of occupations under that class, tell you the ASCO code and who is the assessor. Search through until you find the occupation which fits your job description. (Click on the job title for a job description.)

Your job actually shows AIM as the assessor - so I gave you the wrong lead to start with!!! Their details are;

AIM - Australian Institute of Management
Address: National Secretary
PO Box 112
ST KILDA VIC 3182 AUSTRALIA
Phone: 61 3 9534 8181
Fax: 61 3 9534 8860
E-mail: [email protected]

DIAC is the immigration / visa site. 'Dept of Immigration and Cultural Affairs.'

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Up To Late; Sep 6th 2007 at 7:44 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Palescots
Wheres the DIAC site?
Oh and thanks very much for that.
Your a star, thanks for that.

Janice
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:43 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gotooz1
If you click on a class it will take you through to a list of occupations under that class, tell you the ASCO code and who is the assessor. Search through until you find the occupation which fits your job description. (Click on the job title for a job description.)

Your job actually shows AIM as the assessor - so I gave you the wrong lead to start with!!! Their details are;
AIM assessments are very difficult. If 50 points is enough then it is usually better to select a related occupation assessed by Vetassess.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JAJ
AIM assessments are very difficult. If 50 points is enough then it is usually better to select a related occupation assessed by Vetassess.
Personnel officer is on Vetassess which is why I initially thought it would be appropriate - so maybe if you have enough points you could apply under that? I can testify that Vetassess was relatively simple to apply for.

Fingers crossed for you.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Palescots
Hi, (us again)

I'm an HR Manager (60 points woo hoo) and have 12 years experience, and have my CIPD (of which i'm a member making me a MCIPD)
So if anyone one knows how these qualification are assesed by immi etc id be greatfull for the info.

Thanks

Janice & David
I'm a HR Manager with about 12 years experience and am Chartered Member of CIPD. I applied through AIM but my skills assessment was declined. Although I manage HR professionals overseas, this was not enough for AIM due to the fact that they do similar jobs ie. HR to myself. I report into the Vice President but was not considered senior enough. I think the general consensus is that you need to be at CEO level to get through AIM.

My advice would probably be to try and go for the 50pt profession and be assessed by VETASSESS. This will reduce your points and if you're applying for Skilled Independent, you may find that this leaves you short (as it did me). My personal circumstance is that we're applying for Skilled Independent through OH's skills. Alternatively, you could opt for one of the state sponsored visas. Northern Territory have HR as one of their 'wanted' skills and I believe that South Australia could also sponsor.

Hope this helps.