Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any competent Australian immigration lawyer who can extension initial entry in Aussie

Any competent Australian immigration lawyer who can extension initial entry in Aussie

Old Dec 1st 2004, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

mehtasa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any competent Australian immigration lawyer who can extension initial entry in Aussie

hello,

I am looking for competant and creative immigration agent who can reason and argue with DIMIA about initial entry date in to Aussie. I was only given less then 4 monthts to enter. My immigration agent has no clue or he is "Sassy" I am looking for some real gem here who can get the job done. I want 3 months of extension to enter Aussie. Is there anyone who can stand up and argue and fight for right?

mehta
Old Dec 1st 2004, 11:43 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any competent Australian immigration lawyer who can extension initial entry in Au

Originally Posted by mehtasa
hello,

I am looking for competant and creative immigration agent who can reason and argue with DIMIA about initial entry date in to Aussie. I was only given less then 4 monthts to enter. My immigration agent has no clue or he is "Sassy" I am looking for some real gem here who can get the job done. I want 3 months of extension to enter Aussie. Is there anyone who can stand up and argue and fight for right?

mehta
It will generally be simpler and quicker just to validate the visa, if you think about it.

Jeremy
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Any competent Australian immigration lawyer who can extension initial entry in Au

My situation is I can not arrive in less then four months. I need three months more. My current situation does not permit leaving US so soon. I need till June end.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 5:24 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

My situation is I can not arrive in less then four months. I need three months more. My current situation does not permit leaving US so soon. I need till June end.
You can always visit Australia on a visitor visa if you fail to meet the initial entry condition of your permanent visa.

While we understand that your current situation does not permit leaving the US so soon, you should also understand that the current regulations do not normally permit an extension to your initial entry date.

Peter
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 5:31 am
Just Joined

mike- is an unknown quantity at this point

I’m not a migration agent, but as I know, to validate your visa, you should enter Australia before the deadline, after that (may be next day) you can back to US and finish all your tasks. The costs of Round trip, could be less then initial entry extension costs, and it is simpler.

Or your US visa does not allow you to enter US again?
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:06 am
Moonwalker

Forgive me...I think you folks are not getting mehta's question right.
    :-)

US customs service is a nightmare for anyone originally from 3rd world
countries or East Europe.

First of all, the US customs service would give him a hard time on
re-entry. It is not un-common that the custom officers use 4-letter
word to people from 3rd world countries or East Europe, and they take
people photos like booking them in jails. It is very hard to people
who are used to the freedom and politeness among normal Americans. No
one wants to surrender his or her human dignity, right?

Second of all, he might not be able to re-enter US once he left. US
customs service has the right to refuse people's entries even if they
got the visas through normal procedures with honest reasons... It is
not uncommon. The risk is too great to him.

Third of all, financial wise, it does not make sense to him to show up
to an Australia port of entry and to come back.

Let's say...Salary: 6k/month. 24k/4 months. 1k for a one-way ticket.
2k for a round trip ticket. 2k for the attorney fee.

Scenario 1: Landing before the expiration date but the US custom
rejected his re-entry back to US (even just for 4 month). The cost
would be 24k(salary)+1k(ticket)+2k(ticket)=26k.
Scenario 2: Landed before the expiration date and the US custom grant
him the re-entry. 1k(ticket)+2k(ticket)=3k.
Scenario 3: hiring a lawyer to get it done: 2k(ticket)+2k(attorney)=2k
See the reasons?

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:43 am
Just Joined

mike- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Moonwalker
Scenario 3: hiring a lawyer to get it done: 2k(ticket)+2k(attorney)=2k
See the reasons?
2+2=4?
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:55 am

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mike-
2+2=4?
Now that's cruel :-)
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 10:07 am
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

Originally Posted by stevereed
Now that's cruel :-)
The Truth can be sometimes
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 5:25 pm
Jck

> 2+2=4? :)

LOL (Laugh Out Loud). Oh well...My mama taught me 1+1 and 1+2 but not 2+2. LMAO

Old Dec 3rd 2004, 12:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moonwalker
First of all, the US customs service would give him a hard time on
re-entry. It is not un-common that the custom officers use 4-letter
word to people from 3rd world countries or East Europe, and they take
people photos like booking them in jails. It is very hard to people
who are used to the freedom and politeness among normal Americans. No
one wants to surrender his or her human dignity, right?

Second of all, he might not be able to re-enter US once he left. US
customs service has the right to refuse people's entries even if they
got the visas through normal procedures with honest reasons... It is
not uncommon. The risk is too great to him.
If the US is such an awful place then why not just use the visa to migrate to Australia and not go back there?

The bottom line is that first entry dates on visas are generally not negotiable and if the visa is not used, expect DIMIA to cancel it.

Jeremy
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 1:47 am
Just Joined

Hi Jeremy,

The keyword is generally. I want to explore what is not generally.

Sanjay
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 2:08 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jeremy,

The keyword is generally. I want to explore what is not generally.

Sanjay
Sanjay

Generally, this forum is useful for generic advice. If you want to explore what is not "generally", you'll generally need professional advice.

This thread is now closed.

Peter