Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any companies willing to sponsor Java Programmer?

Any companies willing to sponsor Java Programmer?

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:10 pm
DJC
Forum Regular

DJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura about
Default Any companies willing to sponsor Java Programmer?

Hi,

Our Son has been over to visit us and would now like to move to Aus too. He is an experienced Java Programmer so I wondered if there were any companies that would be likely to sponsor him to migrate?

If anyone is working in the I.T industry and knows whether it's rare or not to get sponsorship then I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Thanks.

Debs
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any companies willing to sponsor Java Programmer?

Definately possible to get sponsored. We came over around 18 months ago on a 457 visa (for an it role) and I know of many others who have also been sponsored.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DJC
Hi,

Our Son has been over to visit us and would now like to move to Aus too. He is an experienced Java Programmer so I wondered if there were any companies that would be likely to sponsor him to migrate?

If anyone is working in the I.T industry and knows whether it's rare or not to get sponsorship then I'd be grateful to hear from you.

Thanks.

Debs
I would say for your son to get in touch with a few IT recruitment companies and test the water. I know the company I work for sponsor IT guys - but most of them come in from India and not the UK.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 12:12 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DJC
Hi,

Thanks.

Debs
Which City is he looking to relocate too?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DJC
Hi,

Thanks.

Debs
A couple of java developers that I know and have worked with over here just came out on holiday visas and got interviews and sponsorship. The only problem with temp visas is they have to get sponsorship every time they change jobs.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:51 am
DJC
Forum Regular

DJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura aboutDJC has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by steve99
Which City is he looking to relocate too?
Hi there,

We are in Perth so I am assuming he'd want to be near us ()

Thanks to all those that have replied. I'll pass all this on to him and keep my fingers crossed!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DJC
Hi there,

We are in Perth so I am assuming he'd want to be near us ()

Thanks to all those that have replied. I'll pass all this on to him and keep my fingers crossed!
My company are currently on the lookout for developers so if he wants to send me his cv via a pm then I'll pass it on. They have opportunities across most Australian capital cities.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Biddle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Any companies in Sydney looking for enterprise architects?!! We have our visa already but we are arriving in Sydney April 8th jobless with 4 children!!!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddle
Hi
Any companies in Sydney looking for enterprise architects?!! We have our visa already but we are arriving in Sydney April 8th jobless with 4 children!!!
PM me and I will give you my email - I will take a look at yoru CV - I work for an IT recruitment company that have just become the largest IT recruiter in Oz - we have branches in all the major cities.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 2:23 am
DJC
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yanH
My company are currently on the lookout for developers so if he wants to send me his cv via a pm then I'll pass it on. They have opportunities across most Australian capital cities.
Excellent!
I have told him to log on to BE and send his CV to you.

Fingers crossed you might be able to find him something.

Many thanks.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Rich C is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya DJC,

I am on here now (your son).

Thanks to all other posters, your info is very useful.

Regards

Richard
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:36 am
Just Joined

cijoypf is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also in the same position...... I am a Java developer with 4 years of experience looking for a sponsor. Any info regarding the same is highly appreciated.

hi sasbear, can I have ur mail id ?
Old Nov 28th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cijoypf
I am also in the same position...... I am a Java developer with 4 years of experience looking for a sponsor. Any info regarding the same is highly appreciated.

hi sasbear, can I have ur mail id ?
Hey - just send me a PM :-)
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:31 am
Just Joined

anetteb14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sasbear
PM me and I will give you my email - I will take a look at yoru CV - I work for an IT recruitment company that have just become the largest IT recruiter in Oz - we have branches in all the major cities.
Hi. I can't seem to send you a private message. If you have the time, please pm me or email me at [email protected].

I'm looking for a company who can sponsor me. I've been working as Web Designer/Graphic Artist for more than 6 years now.

Thank you.
Old May 27th 2009, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

attex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all.

I am looking for company who is able to sponsor me to work in Australia.
I am professional Java J2EE Developer (SCJP, SCWCD)
Please send me PM, and I send you my CV.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.