Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Old May 9th 2005, 6:24 pm
Maverick

myvkee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Originally Posted by CAZ76
Anyone spoken to, or emailed Adelaide lately? What have they said about us pre July 2004 apps? I must confess I'm too scared to email them in case I pi** them off! Can't believe I feel like this when I'm the client who has parted with loads of money, and they are the ones supposedly delivering the service! It's not like we can all club together and mass email them to put pressure on them since there shouldn't really be that many of us now. I can't stand this game any more! It is so unfair! Don't they realise the power they hold over our lives, and the misery they are causing? At least if they reject my app. I could get on with life. PLEASE HURRY UP!

NEW MEDICAL CONDITION:
Name - Visa waitingitis (Australis)
Symptoms -
Obsessive viewing of Expats forum, answer phone and emails etc, Adrenaline rush on flashing answer phone, email alert etc Grumpy mood swings, impatience and general annoyance if anyone asks about the visa! Disapointment etc.
Groups who applied for visa pre-July 2004 are most at risk.
hey c'mon Caz76, IS IT YOU TALKING ??????? ...yesterday i was very low n thinking such things...nah dont be negative, we all must hold on , sit tight and get what u deserve. This visa waitingitis wont last long. It's permanent cure is on its way ! Chill out :-)
Old May 9th 2005, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down Re: Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Originally Posted by myvkee
hey c'mon Caz76, IS IT YOU TALKING ??????? ...yesterday i was very low n thinking such things...nah dont be negative, we all must hold on , sit tight and get what u deserve. This visa waitingitis wont last long. It's permanent cure is on its way ! Chill out :-)
Ok so it's a year today and not a word. How much longer do they need?? Please DIMIA i was hoping not to have to endure another winter!

Tracy
Old May 9th 2005, 8:52 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi All

My practical experience the whole waiting is painful. I also know its easy said but I went through all the things you are going through. I also know if I say its gonna be fine you would think ya right you got the visa. But trust me the waiting will be soon over. The only way I could make things work out is planning and getting things ready. From my experience once you have the visa time flies and you are still stuck with things to do. I did lots of preparation I think I could have used the time better.

So Please don't let the spirits down. We have all waited so long and almost there. You all will be there for sure since we are all true to our heart nothing can go wrong.

Remember tomorrow is a new day and it always brings the sun shine. Smile and try to make the best out of it.

I remember saying every day while driving 45 minutes is it going to be the day and then I think thank god that yesterday went smooth.

Don't loose the spirits thats my only advice

Cheers and keep smiling
Badri
Old May 10th 2005, 3:37 pm
Maverick

myvkee is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Originally Posted by badri
Hi All

My practical experience the whole waiting is painful. I also know its easy said but I went through all the things you are going through. I also know if I say its gonna be fine you would think ya right you got the visa. But trust me the waiting will be soon over. The only way I could make things work out is planning and getting things ready. From my experience once you have the visa time flies and you are still stuck with things to do. I did lots of preparation I think I could have used the time better.

So Please don't let the spirits down. We have all waited so long and almost there. You all will be there for sure since we are all true to our heart nothing can go wrong.

Remember tomorrow is a new day and it always brings the sun shine. Smile and try to make the best out of it.

I remember saying every day while driving 45 minutes is it going to be the day and then I think thank god that yesterday went smooth.

Don't loose the spirits thats my only advice

Cheers and keep smiling
Badri
thanks badri for boosting our spirits ! but how can we count the chickens unless they are hatched ! well iam trying to be calm n optimistic, yeah holding on isthe only thing we have.

Hello caz76 , how r u feeling today ! hope it's a soothing day for u.

good luk to all.
Old May 10th 2005, 6:03 pm
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Originally Posted by justmd
Cool, sounds like you're in the same boat as us. We're hoping to go to Mandurah in Perth, I see you wanna go to Byron Bay, I've never been there but it sounds great! Very relaxed apparently with loadsa hippies n the like.
Just

yeah it is full of hippies...perfect!! we will fit in just fine x loidy
Old May 10th 2005, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

CAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really nice
Angry Re: Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Hi guys,
Still no news here. Fed up pi**ed off and wondering whether Oz will be worth all this. I am planning on telephoning Adelaide later tonight to find out what is going on - I have had enough! I don't care if they don't like being chased up - I don't like paying out money for a service to be pi**ed around! If they do chuck my case out then it's their loss. It all seemed like such a good idea over a year ago, but now it is a nightmare. We are passing up job opportunities and want to have another baby. If the visa doesn't happen we will soon be better off just getting on with life here in grey old Blighty. What a waste of a year.

P.S. Byron Bay is full of hippies and it is a beautiful place - even if it is bl**dy miles (km) from anywhere.
P.P.S. Please excuse the language but very uptight now!

Last edited by CAZ76; May 10th 2005 at 6:33 pm.
Old May 10th 2005, 6:39 pm
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

hi caz, know how you feel, it's crap waiting isn't it especially while reading about med requests for people that applied only weeks ago!! how on earth do dimia justify it? DIMIA get off your arses and have a read through some prejuly apps, there are plenty of skilled people there....and patient ones! good luck with your phone call, let us know what they say x loidy
Old May 10th 2005, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

CAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really nice

Originally Posted by loidy
hi caz, know how you feel, it's crap waiting isn't it especially while reading about med requests for people that applied only weeks ago!! how on earth do dimia justify it? DIMIA get off your arses and have a read through some prejuly apps, there are plenty of skilled people there....and patient ones! good luck with your phone call, let us know what they say x loidy
I'll let you know what they say - it's gonna be late for obvious reasons.
How are the rest of you? Is anyone else as fed up as loidy and me? I am now beyond positive encouragement so no amount of it (although kind and much appreciated) will change how I feel (some good news or progress might!).
Old May 10th 2005, 6:50 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Its hard but hang in there

I'll let you know what they say - it's gonna be late for obvious reasons.
How are the rest of you? Is anyone else as fed up as loidy and me? I am now beyond positive encouragement so no amount of it (although kind and much appreciated) will change how I feel (some good news or progress might!).
Old May 10th 2005, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

I am going to have some Dutch courage now - before I speak to DIMIA. Better try not to have too much though! I don't suppose they will appreciate a drunk Pom on the other end of the phone.
Old May 10th 2005, 6:57 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Are you using an agent Caz?

I am going to have some Dutch courage now - before I speak to DIMIA. Better try not to have too much though! I don't suppose they will appreciate a drunk Pom on the other end of the phone.
Old May 10th 2005, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I am with an agent - but they just tell me what date applicants they have had requests for, to give me some idea, and when I spoke to them last week they said they were still only getting April 13ths back!
Old May 10th 2005, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Ozbod is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I am with an agent - but they just tell me what date applicants they have had requests for, to give me some idea, and when I spoke to them last week they said they were still only getting April 13ths back!

CAZ

We are with an agent and we still have'nt heard anything, we are April 13th and feel the same as you, have totally had enough and just want an answer, either way would do at the moment then we could at least start planning things, at the moment everything is on hold.

It does'nt help that everytime i turn round everything seems to be about Australia.

Ozbods vv cheesed off wife
Old May 10th 2005, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ozbod
CAZ

We are with an agent and we still have'nt heard anything, we are April 13th and feel the same as you, have totally had enough and just want an answer, either way would do at the moment then we could at least start planning things, at the moment everything is on hold.

It does'nt help that everytime i turn round everything seems to be about Australia.

Ozbods vv cheesed off wife
Know what you mean about Aus things being everywhere you look - very irritating. I totally understand the whole 'on hold' thing. Problem is that we are passing up opportunities because of this.
Has your agent contacted them yet?
We are stuck in Kent too! They must have an anti Kent thing going on!
Old May 10th 2005, 7:58 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

I emailed my CO today. I sent some docs that they requested 2.5 weeks ago. Chased them 10 days ago but they hadn't even been entered onto the system by then, so I've been very patient and waited a further 10 days before emailing again.

We've got a buyer for the house now and are hopefully just 3-4 weeks away from exchanging contracts, so it would be nice to get some kind of answer, even if it's just that the docs I sent answered their questions to their satisfaction. Hopefully get a reply tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.