Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Old May 6th 2005, 3:16 am
Grateful

yinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the rough
Red face Re: Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

guys... i know it's hard. before our med reqs, me and my wife were very emotional and each of us took turn to console ourselves.

relatives, friends and families were asking abt our progress, some were genuine concerns and unfortunately some were not. they really upset us and that made me regret for telling them in the first place.

now that we have got the med requests, we've decided not to tell anyone abt it this time around. the next update they're gonna hear from us is our departure date to australia.

to all pre-july'ers our there, dont lose hope and most importantly - keep yourself healthy and fit! it will surely come to you.
Old May 6th 2005, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Originally Posted by CAZ76
Getting very depressed now! I'm ageing fast too - only 28 but feel like 128 because time is a real issue! Every day seems to have more hours in it! Work colleagues keep asking about whether we've heard anything and I'm running out of diplomatic negative responses. They mentioned about the news this morning too - grrr! I did inform them that I appreciated their interest but that if I did hear anything positive I would be grinning from ear to ear and jumping for joy, and this may be a bit of a clue!
What are Adelaide up to ? They must be swamped. I would just like to offer them some advice: JUST SAY YES TO ALL US PRE-JULY FOLK - The fact that we are all still so committed after so long shows strength of character a resilience.
I'm becoming an alcoholic (Aussie wine of course) and fear I may fail a medical from liver damage if they don't hurry up. I would like to propose a respectful toast to all Case Officers and wish them ease of work and fast processing - CHEERS TO ALL THE COs (Hoping that one of you will adopt my case soon!)
GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU PATIENT PRE JULYERS - Try to stay sane!
I am with you on this one 100%. DIMA.... do yourselves a favour and just grant us pre July folk the VISA
We are now just about to cross the one year mark since we lodged and I never thought we would be still waiting when we sent it off. Well its the end of another week and still no news. This Friday thing is becoming a bit of a killer. You start the week feeling positive and you gradually become more and more negative as the week passes until Friday arrives and you just want to smash something up. Then it all starts again on Monday!!

Cheers to all and KAMA is on the way!!
Old May 6th 2005, 12:22 pm
Sha

I am with ... very happy with your mail. i am also pre-julyer may the
oldest out there Nov 2003. your mail put a smile on my face.
YES TO ALL US PRE-JULY FOLK
cheers,
sha

Old May 6th 2005, 4:12 pm
Maverick

myvkee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by yinwong
Updated mine.

QoM.................29th March 2004 (meds/police checks req. on 27th Jan 05; sent on 23th Feb 05)
SKHAN...............1st April 2004 ( Still waiting for meds/police checks)
marson.............4th April 2004 lodged(sent PCC/Meds as requested 4th April 2005)
Bed of Roses.......8th April 2004 (Medicals and Police checks req and sent)
Badri ...................8th April 2004 ( GOT THE VISA 29/april/2005)
Windaelicker........13th April 2004 (Visa grant 7th April 2005)
Ozbod................13th April 2004 (Frontloaded med/police checks)
YouCanLaugh.......13th April 2004 (DIMIA requested extra info on 14th April)
DunRoaminTheUK....13th April 2004 (PCC's and medicals req. 6th April 2005)
Dreamaway.........13th April 2004 (just waiting for bond request from DIMIA)
Reka ................13th April 2004 (still waiting for meds/police checks)
Ady Whit............13th April 2004(PCC's and meds requested 19th April)
Steve...............15th April 2004 (meds etc req. 14.04.05)
Cool_archie…...…1st week of May (Still waiting for meds/police checks)
Vikk…………... 5th May 2004 (CO assigned & req meds/police checks 27.04.05)
Longreach…..…. 8th May 2004 (Still waiting for meds/police checks)
Shaakq………...….10th May 2004 (Still waiting for meds/police checks)
Margoo……..…...18th May 2004 (Still waiting for meds/police checks)
XDA ………....….. 24th May 2004 (Still waiting for meds/police checks)
CAZ76…….....…… 24th May 2004 (Still waiting for meds/police checks)
Myvkee….....……...25th May 2004 (Still waiting for meds/police checks)
Loidy……....…….. 09th June 2004 (Still waiting for meds/police checks)
Justmd...............11th June 2004 (Still waiting for meds/police checks)
Mum, are we there yet?!!....15th June 2004 (sent meds etc unreq. Apr'05)
Mk4……….................…… 21st June 2004 (Still waiting for meds/police checks)
Naved………..............…. 26th June 2004 (Still waiting for meds/police checks)
chilliman.................. 26th June 2004 (sent meds etc unreq. Dec/Jan)
Yinwong...........….28th June 2004 (PCC & meds requested via email 04.05.05)
Charlieg……....…. 30th June 2004 (Still waiting for meds/police checks)

Fantastic yinwong, well done. u r very close. cheers:-)

C"MON DIMIA HURRY UP !
Old May 6th 2005, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by myvkee
Fantastic yinwong, well done. u r very close. cheers:-)

C"MON DIMIA HURRY UP !
C"MON DIMIA, do you not have any pitty for us pre-july folk still waiting.
dont you think we've waited long enough and watched all the post-july people sail through,why dont they have a fair and square queue like everything else.

13th April 04 still waiting on grant letter, had med req 31st March, though we would be in oz by now not still waiting.
Old May 7th 2005, 4:09 pm
Maverick

Post Re: Any April, May, June 2004 Skilled Independents out there?

Originally Posted by cantwait
C"MON DIMIA, do you not have any pitty for us pre-july folk still waiting.
dont you think we've waited long enough and watched all the post-july people sail through,why dont they have a fair and square queue like everything else.

13th April 04 still waiting on grant letter, had med req 31st March, though we would be in oz by now not still waiting.

ONCE UPON A TIME,
I REALISED THAT I HAVE EARNED
PASS MARKS
THAT WOULD ALLOW ME TO LAND IN KANGAROO LAND.
I WAS VERY EXCITED, SO ENERGETIC AND ZEALOUS
I HAD A BIG LIST ON MY MIND
THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO FINISH WHEN I WOULD BE THERE
THAT "ONCE UPON A TIME" WAS ALMOST 1 YEAR AGO
AND CRUEL, SENSELESS, IRRATIONAL DIMIA DID NOTHING SO FAR
TO MAKE MY DREAMS COME TRUE.
GOD KNOWS HOW AM I HOILDING TO IT
EVERYDAY I OPEN MY MAIL TO HEAR SOMETHING FROM DIMIA
BUT IN VAIN
DIMIA PLEASE BE KIND ENOUGH TO SHOW WE PRE-JULYERS
YOUR GREEN FLAG
GOD
SEND WE PRE JULYERS SOME KARMA
PATIENCE IS STARTING KILLING NOW
I AM REACHING TO MY LIMIT
PLEASE MOVE THIS STANDING VEHICLE
AND TAKE US TO OUR DESTINATION SOON.
AMEN !

A thought- DIMIA should compensate our waiting period by reducing citizensihp period from 2 year to one year. (i am really getting mad and out of my mind.......hope i get good sleep.
Old May 7th 2005, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

CAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really nice

Hang in there myvkee! It can't be long now can it!? Isn't this waiting game an emotional rollercoaster? I have good high spirited moments when I think positively, but lately I have felt more lows. I am now so used to living in Limbo I am beginning to wonder what life will be like after the wait. I hope that a new life in Australia will be worth all this. I recon that the move will not be a stressful as this. At least we'll control that.
I am beginning to worry that it might all be an anticlimax. I am getting paranoid about the wait now - worried that my app has been lost, thrown on the reject pile etc. Figure that even a rejection has got to be better than not knowing. At least we could get on with life.
Aren't weekends bad? Start the week thinking this will be the week, then get to Friday and get a sinking feeling. I thought that things would speed up as they got rid of the April backlog, but things seem slow. I wonder if they will get us all processed before the 30th June? They will have to get a move on if that is their target. We are past the 50 weeks they quoted in the letter (I know this was average times - but that was meant to be a final answer timescale not requests for meds etc!).
Losing hope and sanity now! Please Adelaide put us out of our misery!
CAZ
Congratulations Cantwait!
Old May 7th 2005, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hang in there myvkee! It can't be long now can it!? Isn't this waiting game an emotional rollercoaster? I have good high spirited moments when I think positively, but lately I have felt more lows. I am now so used to living in Limbo I am beginning to wonder what life will be like after the wait. I hope that a new life in Australia will be worth all this. I recon that the move will not be a stressful as this. At least we'll control that.
I am beginning to worry that it might all be an anticlimax. I am getting paranoid about the wait now - worried that my app has been lost, thrown on the reject pile etc. Figure that even a rejection has got to be better than not knowing. At least we could get on with life.
Aren't weekends bad? Start the week thinking this will be the week, then get to Friday and get a sinking feeling. I thought that things would speed up as they got rid of the April backlog, but things seem slow. I wonder if they will get us all processed before the 30th June? They will have to get a move on if that is their target. We are past the 50 weeks they quoted in the letter (I know this was average times - but that was meant to be a final answer timescale not requests for meds etc!).
CAZ
13TH April 04.

WE GOT THE VISA GRANT LETTER TODAY!!!!!!!!

Med req came on the 31st March, we sent police checks off on the 5th April (already sent for them before req came) hospital sent off the med report 1st April.

So it looks like the pre-july is moving, good luck.
Old May 8th 2005, 5:57 am
Maverick

CAZ

thanks caz76, yeah i definitely need some padding and childish treatment. well thanks fo your kind words. hope to hear something this coming week.
hey can't wait tons of congratulations. finally u did it. good on you mate :-)
Old May 9th 2005, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

CAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really niceCAZ76 is just really nice

Here we go again guys - another week! Good luck to all of you - let's hope this is the week! As usual it's Monday and I'm full of anticipation and optimism which is likely to have ebbed away by Friday/Saturday! Keep us updated everyone - some people have gone very quiet - are you still hanging in there and OK, or has the wait finally finished some of you off?
Old May 9th 2005, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

margoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Here we go again guys - another week! Good luck to all of you - let's hope this is the week! As usual it's Monday and I'm full of anticipation and optimism which is likely to have ebbed away by Friday/Saturday! Keep us updated everyone - some people have gone very quiet - are you still hanging in there and OK, or has the wait finally finished some of you off?

You name it! Another summer in oz without me is passing and my mind goes in circles wondering what might go wrong with my application...
(what if
... they have never received my application?
... they have never received my change-of-address-letter?
... they never have received my 2nd-change-of-address-letter?
... they've contacted my employer and those incompetent a**** blew it?
...)
I'm trying to restrict myself looking into this board only once a day (well, I'm trying!!!) and check the letterbox from 7am onwards every 10 min. Yes waiting for one year (ONE YEAR!!!) now is finishing me off! And all the relatives and friends asking "have you heard yet" don't help either!

Do you guys ever ask yourself WHAT FOR?????

margoo (deperate would-like-immigrant)
Old May 9th 2005, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Yes.. we are still here. Nothing arrived toaday Looking at the numbers I now don't expect to hear anything for a few more weeks. DIMA still seem to be firmly stuck in April. I hope I am wrong for all our sakes but I guess I am just not feeling very optamistic at the moment. I don't rate their chances of completing all of us by 30th June very highly.... as they say they have 2 chances... slim and none
I hope that others are feeling more positive than I am and that this week bring good news to you.
Old May 9th 2005, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cantwait
13TH April 04.

WE GOT THE VISA GRANT LETTER TODAY!!!!!!!!

Med req came on the 31st March, we sent police checks off on the 5th April (already sent for them before req came) hospital sent off the med report 1st April.

So it looks like the pre-july is moving, good luck.
CONGRATS!!
Old May 9th 2005, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by margoo
You name it! Another summer in oz without me is passing and my mind goes in circles wondering what might go wrong with my application...
(what if
... they have never received my application?
... they have never received my change-of-address-letter?
... they never have received my 2nd-change-of-address-letter?
... they've contacted my employer and those incompetent a**** blew it?
...)
I'm trying to restrict myself looking into this board only once a day (well, I'm trying!!!) and check the letterbox from 7am onwards every 10 min. Yes waiting for one year (ONE YEAR!!!) now is finishing me off! And all the relatives and friends asking "have you heard yet" don't help either!

Do you guys ever ask yourself WHAT FOR?????

margoo (deperate would-like-immigrant)
I know how you feel. Since we applied we have got married, changed email address, got new passports, etc. etc. and am now slowly convincing myself that they have received none of it !!! Can't believe it is a year and still no news. I think friends think we have made the whole thing up and we were never really going to oz in the first place. And to top it all off I HATE WORK!!!
Old May 9th 2005, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

margoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by longreach
I know how you feel. Since we applied we have got married, changed email address, got new passports, etc. etc. and am now slowly convincing myself that they have received none of it !!! Can't believe it is a year and still no news. I think friends think we have made the whole thing up and we were never really going to oz in the first place. And to top it all off I HATE WORK!!!
Tell me about it. One reason why I'm so desperately waiting to hear from Dimia is because I want to change my employer ASAP!!! And I don't dare to think about what they might tell DIMIA if I quit before they have contacted my reference. In fact I don't dare to think what they might tell them in generall and I just hope that it all looks so good to Dimia that they don't bother calling them. What a nightmare!!

And yes, I too can see the doubts in some people face. But far worse is that I start doubting myself that I'll ever go back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.