Wikiposts

Any April 06 Visa applicants?

Old Apr 14th 2006, 7:03 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any April 06 Visa applicants?

Originally Posted by Mark & Ali
Hiya

This is my first time in a discussion forum, so please treat me gently!

My family and I have finally made the decision to move to Oz after years of my brother trying to persuade us. I lost my mum at the beginning of the year, and I'm shortly to be made redundant so think it's the ideal time to start our new life down under.

I sent my application to VETASSESS in February and noticed yesterday online that the wording has changed from 'Active' to 'Positive' - can I take it that my qualifications have passed, or should I wait for written confirmation?

My Visa forms are all ready to go - hope to submit them this month - can't wait!

Ali X

Ali that sounds like you've got it to me!!! Congratulations....get celebrating!!! I'm off to work again now...still not celebrated getting mine yet! ho hum!

Lou I hope you hear something very soon ! I'm still thinking positive for ya!

Love jackie x
Old Apr 14th 2006, 7:20 am
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all
Smile Re: Any April 06 Visa applicants?

Originally Posted by charles.edington
Hi and welcome

Congratulations - if it says positive then you have passed. Not sure what you have to wait for to send off visa app as vetassess haven't come back to us yet. What date did you send your app to Vetassess? We sent ours on the 6th Feb but we were asked for more details last week. What visa are you applying for? We're a 139.

Anyway Ali, welcome again.

Lou
xx
Hi Lou

Thanks for replying. I sent my documents to Vetassess on 16 February, the same day I completed the form on line. Never received acknowledgement that they had been received until I emailed them after 3 weeks to check. I'm applying under 139 as well, only because I didn't have sufficient points for the other visas.

Looking forward to getting to know people over the coming weeks/months and seeing how their Visas progress.

Ali x
Old Apr 14th 2006, 7:26 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lou

Thanks for replying. I sent my documents to Vetassess on 16 February, the same day I completed the form on line. Never received acknowledgement that they had been received until I emailed them after 3 weeks to check. I'm applying under 139 as well, only because I didn't have sufficient points for the other visas.

Looking forward to getting to know people over the coming weeks/months and seeing how their Visas progress.

Ali x
Hi again

Same here with the 139. Good thing about the 139 is that it's fast tracked so taking about 6 months at the moment. There's a couple of threads on this forum for 139ers too. Where are you heading off to - we're going to Adelaide where our rellies are...

Lou
xx
Old Apr 14th 2006, 7:36 am
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all

Hi again

Same here with the 139. Good thing about the 139 is that it's fast tracked so taking about 6 months at the moment. There's a couple of threads on this forum for 139ers too. Where are you heading off to - we're going to Adelaide where our rellies are...

Lou
xx
Hiya. I didn't realise they were only taking 6 months, I'd heard they were taking up to 18 months, so that's excellent news. Will fit in with my redundancy and my daughter leaving school. We're hoping to go to Caboolture (where my brother and his family live), it's about 40 minutes outside of Brisbane. We've never been to Oz before, but my brother has been out there for 20 years and loves it. He has a great lifestyle and that's what I'm hoping for.

Ali Xx
Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:05 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya. I didn't realise they were only taking 6 months, I'd heard they were taking up to 18 months, so that's excellent news. Will fit in with my redundancy and my daughter leaving school. We're hoping to go to Caboolture (where my brother and his family live), it's about 40 minutes outside of Brisbane. We've never been to Oz before, but my brother has been out there for 20 years and loves it. He has a great lifestyle and that's what I'm hoping for.

Ali Xx
Here's the link to the main 139er thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...24#post3441824

It's a great thread for any info on timlines etc. At the moment 139ers are getting COs at around 4 months.

Is your house on the market yet. Ours is already. We're going to rent or something if we sell quickly.

Never been to Oz ourselves but we're going to Adelaide for 3 weeks on the 16th July for a reccie. Can't wait. Do you have kids? We have 2 girls, 8 and 5, we think the lifestyle will be so great for all of us.

Lou
xx
Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:30 am
We're here and it's fab

Here's the link to the main 139er thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...24#post3441824

It's a great thread for any info on timlines etc. At the moment 139ers are getting COs at around 4 months.

Is your house on the market yet. Ours is already. We're going to rent or something if we sell quickly.

Never been to Oz ourselves but we're going to Adelaide for 3 weeks on the 16th July for a reccie. Can't wait. Do you have kids? We have 2 girls, 8 and 5, we think the lifestyle will be so great for all of us.

Lou
xx
Many thanks for the link, it will be really useful. I've read so much info over the last few months my brain's on overload. At the moment I'm trying to decide whether to use an agent to submit my Visa or whether to go it alone - what have you decided to do?

I'm in the process of doing a "spring clean" on the house in order to put it on the market at the beginning of May. We've been looking at rental properties in the area in case we sell quickly, but I wanted to wait until I'd heard from Vetassess before I put the house on the market.

We have a daughter who turns 16 in a couple of weeks and she's due to leave school in June. I think she will have so many more opportunities in Oz that's why I'm keen to emigrate as soon as we can so she can go to college/university in Brisbane - I just hope she adapts OK since she will be leaving so many friends behind. Your family is the ideal age - they should fit in really well at school and make friends quickly. My brother's children are 4, 6, 9 and 13 and they have a brilliant social and school life.

Do you have a timescale for emigrating?

Ali X
Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:38 am
Look at moi!!!

Many thanks for the link, it will be really useful. I've read so much info over the last few months my brain's on overload. At the moment I'm trying to decide whether to use an agent to submit my Visa or whether to go it alone - what have you decided to do?

I'm in the process of doing a "spring clean" on the house in order to put it on the market at the beginning of May. We've been looking at rental properties in the area in case we sell quickly, but I wanted to wait until I'd heard from Vetassess before I put the house on the market.

We have a daughter who turns 16 in a couple of weeks and she's due to leave school in June. I think she will have so many more opportunities in Oz that's why I'm keen to emigrate as soon as we can so she can go to college/university in Brisbane - I just hope she adapts OK since she will be leaving so many friends behind. Your family is the ideal age - they should fit in really well at school and make friends quickly. My brother's children are 4, 6, 9 and 13 and they have a brilliant social and school life.

Do you have a timescale for emigrating?

Ali X

We've used an agent from the start as we didn't want too many headaches. However, if you've got vetassess on your own I'm sure you could do the rest. This forum is great for any questions you may have on the forms etc.

Teenagers do find it harder to settle but I'm sure she'll be okay if she makes friends easily. What is she going to do there if she plans on leaving school?
OOps - just realised she'll do college...

Our timescale is as soon as we can . Chaz got made redundant at the end of December and is temping now - we're jus so ready to go. I don't 'hate' the UK but we've both had itchy feet for so long (nearly got to move to Canada with Chaz's job) and we don't feel settled here at all.

Lou
xx
Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:51 am
We're here and it's fab

We've used an agent from the start as we didn't want too many headaches. However, if you've got vetassess on your own I'm sure you could do the rest. This forum is great for any questions you may have on the forms etc.

Teenagers do find it harder to settle but I'm sure she'll be okay if she makes friends easily. What is she going to do there if she plans on leaving school?
OOps - just realised she'll do college...

Our timescale is as soon as we can . Chaz got made redundant at the end of December and is temping now - we're jus so ready to go. I don't 'hate' the UK but we've both had itchy feet for so long (nearly got to move to Canada with Chaz's job) and we don't feel settled here at all.

Lou
xx
Sarah (my daughter) wants to study beauty therapy - she would like to get into film/theatre make-up eventually.

I'm due to be made redundant in September - have worked for the same company for 23 years, since I left college, so I'm ready for a complete career change. We were hoping to emigrate end of the year/Jan 2007 which would mean I wouldn't have to look for a temp job in the meantime, also we would leave the awful winter weather behind! We've been unsettled in the UK for a few years now but have only stayed for my mum. Since she died in January we feel there is nothing to hold us here anymore. The only close living relative in the UK would be my sister, and she's already got itchy feet - she already has plans to come out for a holiday in 2007. My brother hopes once she sees Oz she'll want to move out as well!

Ali X
Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:57 am
Look at moi!!!

Sarah (my daughter) wants to study beauty therapy - she would like to get into film/theatre make-up eventually.

I'm due to be made redundant in September - have worked for the same company for 23 years, since I left college, so I'm ready for a complete career change. We were hoping to emigrate end of the year/Jan 2007 which would mean I wouldn't have to look for a temp job in the meantime, also we would leave the awful winter weather behind! We've been unsettled in the UK for a few years now but have only stayed for my mum. Since she died in January we feel there is nothing to hold us here anymore. The only close living relative in the UK would be my sister, and she's already got itchy feet - she already has plans to come out for a holiday in 2007. My brother hopes once she sees Oz she'll want to move out as well!

Ali X

Looks like it may all work out perfectly for you then time wise. My Mum is still around and that will be a bit of a wrench. BUT, I've got 3 brothers, 2 of whom live close to her. Also she's only 68 so can travel to see us for a good few years yet and there's webcams, the phone etc. We feel we've got to take the chance now for US.

Good luck and hope to hear more of you on this thread and the 139er thread. This forum is very addictive.....

Lou
xx
Old Apr 15th 2006, 5:06 am
Manz07

leechy100 wrote:
    > > I sent my application to DIMIA by courier today.
    > >
    > > Applied for subclass 137
    > >
    > > Now starts the waiting......
    > Great, good luck for you and hope its a speedy process
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

My package / appln sent by UPS was supposed to be delived on Apr-11 and
the status is still "In transit" and checking with UPS, they say that
they can track and I am trying to check if they locate it.

I hope they didnt screw this up royally. I cant imagine going thru all
the prepration and they mess this up and I have included the orginal
ACS approval along with all certified documents.

Just praying that they didnt loose it.

Old Apr 15th 2006, 5:34 am
Look at moi!!!

Originally Posted by Manz07
My package / appln sent by UPS was supposed to be delived on Apr-11 and
the status is still "In transit" and checking with UPS, they say that
they can track and I am trying to check if they locate it.

I hope they didnt screw this up royally. I cant imagine going thru all
the prepration and they mess this up and I have included the orginal
ACS approval along with all certified documents.

Just praying that they didnt loose it.
Fingers crossed for you that they track it down. Very frustrating...

Lou
xx
Old Apr 15th 2006, 3:40 pm
Manz07

Thanks for your support guys.

UPS says that it will take them 8 working days to trace the package.

Meanwhile, I was just wondering if I could prepare and send only the
basic requirements (Schedule 1 documents) to make a successful
application because I have only until May-14-2006 to apply for the 47SK
application as I got the STNI nomination on Nov-14-2004

The Schedule 1 Docs are:
a-completed 47SK
b-Correct fee
c-Certified copy of passport biodata page
d-satisfactory skills assessment

Can anybody help me here.

Thanks,

Old Apr 15th 2006, 8:04 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Been feeling unwell this week so never checked my e-mails.

The upshot being that my Visa application was submitted on the 13th April and I only found out today....

So I am an April applicant....

Good luck to us all....
Old Apr 15th 2006, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

denise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nice

Snap, we are ready to send just waiting for our sponsor's form to come through the post so that we can send. I'm soooooo excited, and can't wait to start chucking stuff out and start packing (a bit premature I know but I love it)

Denise
x

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Originally Posted by icequeen1
hi Jackie, we were hoping to be March applicants as well, but looks like we will be joining you

We got our TRA skills assessment a while ago (after weeks and weeks of stress and fear), made IELTS and now we are waiting for our sponsor to send the last bit, the form 40 and his personal documents!

want to say good luck to all of us, the real game is just to begin!

cheers,
Marina

O.S. congratulations too on your new arrival
Old Apr 15th 2006, 10:33 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
Been feeling unwell this week so never checked my e-mails.

The upshot being that my Visa application was submitted on the 13th April and I only found out today....

So I am an April applicant....
Good luck to us all....
We're also in the April 06 lot, our agent said that our application has been lodged on 13th April also.
Curious how long it will take before we receive Dimia's letter of receipt. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ time for a long winter sleep ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Anyone care to join me
Take care,
Miranda

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.