Any advice STNI

Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:28 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Any advice STNI

Any recommendations to which state to apply to for the STNI?

VIC or SA ? Which is the best state to live in?

Thanks

Rob
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any advice STNI

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone

Thanks

Rob

Hiya Rob
each individual has their own opions on which area is the best state to live in you need to do some research on both states to see which appeals to you more

we are hoping to go to adelaide so we have never even looked at victoria but as for the stni is you job on both their demands list if so then you can apply to victoria before you have had your assessment done but with SA you need to have a postive outcome first

have fun searching the states

Debs xxx
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:31 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Rob
Rob, hedge your bets and apply for both
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

seekingau is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Rob
I understand that you have already got ur visa, so why are you talking about STNI..

strange.

Raj
Old Aug 6th 2004, 6:04 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

No visa yet. just looking for some input on the states, weather, beaches, jobs, schools etc

Rob

Originally posted by seekingau
I understand that you have already got ur visa, so why are you talking about STNI..

strange.

Raj
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:33 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

No visa yet. just looking for some input on the states, weather, beaches, jobs, schools etc

Rob
Rob

Go to Adelaidebrits for all things Adelaide, suburbs, schools, weather, etc etc

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...ex.php?act=idx

We're going to move to Adelaide and have been accepted for STNI there. As it happened I wanted to move to Adelaide anyway and that was before the points rise. It was the fact that you seemed to have a bit of everything, hills, beaches, hot weather (or cooler weather in the hills and on the beach to help you when it gets very hot). Good food and wine, the centre of Adelaide is so well laid out not too big, not too small and being a mile square laid out in a grid form is easy to get around. Plus then you have all the parks around the city centre. There seems to be quite a lot of festivals there ...ooooo did I mention the wine!

Hubby travelled around Australia and he didn't like Melbourne the first time he went there but the second time he did like it. It is more hustle and bustle in Melbourne than in Adelaide but again it offers everything you will need and has some stunning countryside.

Like Wmoore said if you are unsure why not apply for both.

Sasha
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:16 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Sasha,

Thanks for the link. well cool!

How long did it take to be accepted for STNI? Was the process quite simple?

Rob

Originally posted by snappy
Rob

Go to Adelaidebrits for all things Adelaide, suburbs, schools, weather, etc etc

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...ex.php?act=idx

We're going to move to Adelaide and have been accepted for STNI there. As it happened I wanted to move to Adelaide anyway and that was before the points rise. It was the fact that you seemed to have a bit of everything, hills, beaches, hot weather (or cooler weather in the hills and on the beach to help you when it gets very hot). Good food and wine, the centre of Adelaide is so well laid out not too big, not too small and being a mile square laid out in a grid form is easy to get around. Plus then you have all the parks around the city centre. There seems to be quite a lot of festivals there ...ooooo did I mention the wine!

Hubby travelled around Australia and he didn't like Melbourne the first time he went there but the second time he did like it. It is more hustle and bustle in Melbourne than in Adelaide but again it offers everything you will need and has some stunning countryside.

Like Wmoore said if you are unsure why not apply for both.

Sasha
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:32 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Sasha,

Thanks for the link. well cool!

How long did it take to be accepted for STNI? Was the process quite simple?

Rob
Very simple Rob our agent sent in our TRA and a CV first of all they then send out a questionnaire and declaration for you to fill in and sign.

Altogether from when we sent our TRA and CV 17th June to getting the "yes" bit 14th July. Bear in mind they accept things by email as well and we also had a holiday whilst this was going on! So it is very quick.

Sasha
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:36 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Thanks Sasha.

What trade did you go in as?

I'm going in as Sheet Metal Worker-First Class,

Rob

Very simple Rob our agent sent in our TRA and a CV first of all they then send out a questionnaire and declaration for you to fill in and sign.

Altogether from when we sent our TRA and CV 17th June to getting the "yes" bit 14th July. Bear in mind they accept things by email as well and we also had a holiday whilst this was going on! So it is very quick.

Sasha
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:39 am
I need a beer.....

Thanks Sasha.

What trade did you go in as?

I'm going in as Sheet Metal Worker-First Class,

Rob
Hubbie as a panel beater, I'm just the one hanging on to his potential visa!

Sasha
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:44 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Just hope that i get a pass from TRA as i only have one years trade certification in the trade but do have around 15 years of experience. I have been contacting ex employers for the usual stuff but have only managed to get seven and a half years worth so far but hoping to get another 5 years to add and do stat decs for the others as they have ceased trading

Rob

Hubbie as a panel beater, I'm just the one hanging on to his potential visa!

Sasha
Old Aug 6th 2004, 10:03 am
I need a beer.....

Just hope that i get a pass from TRA as i only have one years trade certification in the trade but do have around 15 years of experience. I have been contacting ex employers for the usual stuff but have only managed to get seven and a half years worth so far but hoping to get another 5 years to add and do stat decs for the others as they have ceased trading

Rob
Good luck with it all. I have read you have a good agent on the case otherwise I would have recommended you ours as hubbie only had experience and no certificates and they managed to get it a positive result and have so far been excellent.

Sasha
Old Aug 6th 2004, 10:16 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

How many years experience did he put forward to TRA?

Rob

Good luck with it all. I have read you have a good agent on the case otherwise I would have recommended you ours as hubbie only had experience and no certificates and they managed to get it a positive result and have so far been excellent.

Sasha
Old Aug 6th 2004, 10:28 am
I need a beer.....

How many years experience did he put forward to TRA?

Rob
Just over 10 years altogether.

Sasha
Old Aug 6th 2004, 10:52 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

I dont think that i will have any problems getting a positive assessment from TRA as i do have one years trade certification City & Guilds and also an Engineering Industry Training Board certification which should count for something. Plus my seven years and seven months (so far) references.

I have had e-mails from people who have had much less.

Rob

Just over 10 years altogether.

Sasha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.