Wikiposts

ANOTHER STUDENT VISA WE GOT IT!

Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

stubbieholder31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ANOTHER STUDENT VISA WE GOT IT!

Originally Posted by sarahl322
Hiya, I am also doing a hairdressing course in Brisbane! What college are you going to and when do you start? Mine is Meee Hair and Beauty college starts 5 October - anyone been to this college or going???

Sarah
Hi there, please could you give me the contact details for the place where you are doing your hairdressing. ,Meeee hair & beauty college.
I am 30, never done it before but it's a way in for me and my family.
We went to Queensland around 4 years ago and loved it!
Any info on what to do to get the ball rolling for us would be great.
Has it been straight forward and have you used an agent?
Thank you .
Leah x
Old Jul 10th 2007, 6:22 am
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

sarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nice

Originally Posted by stubbieholder31
Hi there, please could you give me the contact details for the place where you are doing your hairdressing. ,Meeee hair & beauty college.
I am 30, never done it before but it's a way in for me and my family.
We went to Queensland around 4 years ago and loved it!
Any info on what to do to get the ball rolling for us would be great.
Has it been straight forward and have you used an agent?
Thank you .
Leah x
Hi there,

The contact details are:
Meee Australia College of Health & Beauty

College of Hairdressing

63 Adelaide Street Brisbane 4000

P: 07 3012 8668

F: 07 3012 8168

www.meee.com.au

I have been speaking to a girl called Angela Li who is really really helpful. My course starts in October, when are you planning on going??? I have never done it before either but I can't wait! Have you got children? We have a daughter aged nearly 4. We haven't used an agent, I don't think you need to on a student visa, it is all pretty straight forward and simple. I have got loads of useful info off of BE which has been invaluable!

Cheers, Sarah
Old Jul 10th 2007, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Hi there,

The contact details are:
Meee Australia College of Health & Beauty

College of Hairdressing

63 Adelaide Street Brisbane 4000

P: 07 3012 8668

F: 07 3012 8168

www.meee.com.au

I have been speaking to a girl called Angela Li who is really really helpful. My course starts in October, when are you planning on going??? I have never done it before either but I can't wait! Have you got children? We have a daughter aged nearly 4. We haven't used an agent, I don't think you need to on a student visa, it is all pretty straight forward and simple. I have got loads of useful info off of BE which has been invaluable!

Cheers, Sarah
Hi Sarah, thank you so much.
I'l e-mail them and see what the say. Hope they accept me?
Yeah we have a daughter aged 6, nearly 7.
Where abouts will you be living if you don't mind me asking?
I have yet to investigate area's.

Thanks again,
Leah x
Old Jul 10th 2007, 6:41 am
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

sarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nice

Hi Sarah, thank you so much.
I'l e-mail them and see what the say. Hope they accept me?
Yeah we have a daughter aged 6, nearly 7.
Where abouts will you be living if you don't mind me asking?
I have yet to investigate area's.

Thanks again,
Leah x
Hi Leah,

There is no reason why they wouldn't accept you, as you are a "mature" student as they put it! I felt really old when I heard that ha ha!!! you don't need to show any GCSE results. All I did was fill out an application form, they sent me a letter of offer, I now have to pay a deposit of $1000 for course and $630 for healthcare cover for the three of us and then they send me the COE and I apply for the visa - easy peezy!

We are going to Northern Brisbane, not sure on suburb yet but looking at Aspley and surrounding areas. When are you planning on going?

Sarah
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:54 am
Just Joined

sfrancesdonnelly is on a distinguished road

Hiya,

Had you had any experience in hairdressing before?? I have never done it before but hoping I pick it up easily enough!!

Sarah x
hi sarah hope all is well. I live in dartford kent and I m starting the ball rolling to apply for a hairdressing course in melbourne. I am aged 39 years and will be going with my partner aged 43 and son aged 12 years. We have relatives who livein melbourne. How long did the whole thing take for you have you got any advice for me ? thanks very much susan
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Hi Leah,

There is no reason why they wouldn't accept you, as you are a "mature" student as they put it! I felt really old when I heard that ha ha!!! you don't need to show any GCSE results. All I did was fill out an application form, they sent me a letter of offer, I now have to pay a deposit of $1000 for course and $630 for healthcare cover for the three of us and then they send me the COE and I apply for the visa - easy peezy!

We are going to Northern Brisbane, not sure on suburb yet but looking at Aspley and surrounding areas. When are you planning on going?

Sarah
Hi Sarah, that sounds even better !
It's easier than I thought then. Well we would like to go asap but will need to sell the house first.
I'll apply to Meee college and wait for the letter of offer and then think about selling up I suppose.
God it's scary isn't it !
Haven't decided on a suburb either really,it will have to be some where within easy reach of college though.
It's a pity there are no beaches close by too! Nev mind can't have it all !
By the way did they send you an application through the post or did you apply on-line?

Will keep you posted,
Leahx.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:18 am
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

Originally Posted by sfrancesdonnelly
hi sarah hope all is well. I live in dartford kent and I m starting the ball rolling to apply for a hairdressing course in melbourne. I am aged 39 years and will be going with my partner aged 43 and son aged 12 years. We have relatives who livein melbourne. How long did the whole thing take for you have you got any advice for me ? thanks very much susan
Hi Susan,

Small world, I am in Bexleyheath! It is all really simple really, you apply for your course, pay deposit and health cover they then send you COE then you can apply for Student Visa. It hasn't really taken long, we have actually pushed our dates forward because it has happened really quickly and we thought we may as well head out earlier so we can sort out rental and stuff. Just go for it!

Cheers, Sarah
Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:22 am
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

Hi Sarah, that sounds even better !
It's easier than I thought then. Well we would like to go asap but will need to sell the house first.
I'll apply to Meee college and wait for the letter of offer and then think about selling up I suppose.
God it's scary isn't it !
Haven't decided on a suburb either really,it will have to be some where within easy reach of college though.
It's a pity there are no beaches close by too! Nev mind can't have it all !
By the way did they send you an application through the post or did you apply on-line?

Will keep you posted,
Leahx.

Hi Leah,

We are renting our house out which is why things have happened so quickly for us. It is really scary but very exciting, we can't wait now. Have a look at www.ourbrisbane.com.au that gives lots of info about suburbs and also if you search on BE for suburbs in brisbane there are quite a lot of posts giving opinions on different areas. Aspley and surrounding areas is about 30 mins from CBD where the college is so not too bad.

Angela will email you an information pack and application form, you just need to fill it out and fax it back with a copy of your passport.

Definitely let me know what happens and when you will be going it would be nice if all of us could have a meet up when we arrive.

Cheers, sarah x
Old Jul 11th 2007, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Hi,
Congratulations to all of you who have recieved your student visa, this is something we are looking into and need some advise.

After being turned down for a prov visa a few months ago and on having a long hard look at what I want to do with my life and with long discussions with my husband we are now considering the daunting prospect of applying for a catering college course in Melbourne.

When I left school many years ago I trained in the Hotel and Catering field and achieved a diploma but being young and stupid I decided not to do anything with it. Now since we have had the knock back with the prov visa I have now got my older and wiser and may be slightly madder head on. I have recently got a job as a baker in a bakery which is helping me get back in the catering field and thoroughly enjoying it! and had considered returning to college to do an NVQ3 in patisserie and confectionery in the UK. But after my husband had many conversations or emails with Tony Coates (Thankyou so much) he came up with the idea of studying in OZ, which really has got us thinking

We have had lots of doubts as to whether this is the right thing to do and really and truly we just need some pointers from people who have done or are doing the same thing as we are considering.

I know it's going to be very costly and as I keep saying to my husband what price do you put on a fantastic opportunity and experience for both us and our two boys.

I think I need reassurance and certainly some pointers in the right direction to get the ball rolling as quickly as possible.
For those of you who have done a student visa was it a straight forward process, what do I need to do first?, how are you coping financially, do you have children and how are they coping. IS IT WORTH IT?

Thanks, sorry it's so long winded but I have lots of questions that I need answering. Hope to hear from lots of you with all your fantastic ideas as we have picked up so much advise and support from these threads in the past.

Thanks again from a very apprehensive but very excited potential mature over seas student

Sarah and Russell
Old Jul 11th 2007, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of

Hi Sarah and Russell

My OH, Paul, is starting on a Bakery/Hospitality Management course next July at Gold Coast TAFE. He has no experience in bakery whatsoever - apart from cooking the tea (nothing to do with bakery I know but shows he can switch the cooker on !!!!!!!).

At the moment, we have sent the forms off together with the first semester's instalment and received our Confirmation of Enrolment. We have looked into school for our nearly 16 year old, Andrew, and this will cost about $8000 a year.

I actually started a hairdressing course so we could emigrate and have just completed my NVQ 3. Unfortunately, the goalposts were moved and I now need 3 more years before we can apply for a PR. Hopefully, at the end of Paul's 2 year course, he will have his quals and I will have done my 6 years. Hopefully 2 choices instead of 1.

We haven't used an agent - just applied to the college who emailed us and told us what to do next. Just sent our forms back by fax with a photocopy of Paul's passport and payment. Can't do anything now until 4 months before when we can apply for our visa.

We have sold our house and are moving into rented property soon. We know it is expensive but, at the end of the day, it is a means to an end and if that's what you want, you have to pay unfortunately. We definitely think it is worth it.

One major point is, can you cope on limited funds, ie both only being able to work for 20 hours a week (apart from in school hols when the visa holder can work full time)?

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want to know anything else.

Jo
x