Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ANMC approval but DIMA misclassification! refused visa!!

ANMC approval but DIMA misclassification! refused visa!!

Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

smithla has a brilliant futuresmithla has a brilliant futuresmithla has a brilliant futuresmithla has a brilliant futuresmithla has a brilliant futuresmithla has a brilliant futuresmithla has a brilliant futuresmithla has a brilliant future
Unhappy ANMC approval but DIMA misclassification! refused visa!!

I have approved skills assessment from the ANMC as a registered nurse however the DIMA have classified me as a nurse researcher which is not on the skills in demand list and therefore refused my application for a skilled independent visa. I am in fact a clinical trials research nurse in paediatric oncology and not a “nurse researcher” which is defined on the immigration web site as “a nurse who researches nursing issues”. I am not entitled to appeal. I have obviously been misclassified. I have offered further references from my employers to clarify my job but my case officer refuses to review. This is so unjust; what can I do? (I have been offered a couple of research nurse jobs in Oz but I don’t want to be tied to a full time job on a sponsorship visa as I have a young baby.)
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice
Default Re: ANMC approval but DIMA misclassification! refused visa!!

Smithla, that is so harsh, do you have an agent...............if not try and speak to one asap on their free intial consultations..............wishing all the luck in the world.............you must be devastated right now.....loux
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:25 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smithla
I have approved skills assessment from the ANMC as a registered nurse however the DIMA have classified me as a nurse researcher which is not on the skills in demand list and therefore refused my application for a skilled independent visa. I am in fact a clinical trials research nurse in paediatric oncology and not a “nurse researcher” which is defined on the immigration web site as “a nurse who researches nursing issues”. I am not entitled to appeal. I have obviously been misclassified. I have offered further references from my employers to clarify my job but my case officer refuses to review. This is so unjust; what can I do? (I have been offered a couple of research nurse jobs in Oz but I don’t want to be tied to a full time job on a sponsorship visa as I have a young baby.)
As noted on another forum. Find yourself an experienced agent (don't just pick one at random) for a review of your case and options.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

smithla has a brilliant futuresmithla has a brilliant futuresmithla has a brilliant futuresmithla has a brilliant futuresmithla has a brilliant futuresmithla has a brilliant futuresmithla has a brilliant futuresmithla has a brilliant future

We have been in touch with George Lombard who is an agent and thinks we may have a chance to do something. Does anyone have any experience/feedback on him? (He is listed both on http://www.australianimmigration.com.au/ and http://austimmigration.com.au) and I know he provides a lot of post on this website, so would seem credible and experienced.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:39 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

That's because they are actually the same website, owned by the same company - George's.

Peter
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We have been in touch with George Lombard who is an agent and thinks we may have a chance to do something. Does anyone have any experience/feedback on him? (He is listed both on http://www.australianimmigration.com.au/ and http://austimmigration.com.au) and I know he provides a lot of post on this website, so would seem credible and experienced.
George Lombard seems to be pretty well respected by those who use his services. He does post here a lot, but you can also try to get him via his website.
Best of luck with what ever you decide to do.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

carolynbubble is a jewel in the roughcarolynbubble is a jewel in the roughcarolynbubble is a jewel in the roughcarolynbubble is a jewel in the rough

Hiya
You must be gutted! Do they not know that a nurse is a nurse is a nurse! Its like riding a bike..........you will never forget basic nursing care! My background was ITU but over 10 years later if someone asked me to interpret blood gasses Id be stuck but if I was asked to perform basic tasks the Id do with ease!
You must be able to challenge this in some way as I thought that if ANMC said yes ten that was it!
Youve got me in a panic now too as been non hands on (but still clinical in decision making) almost 5 years now.
Keep us posted and fight them all the way! Im sure youll get there even if you do take the scenic route lol
Carolyn
Old Mar 17th 2007, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Smile Decision revoked

Just thought some of you might like to hear that due to the wonderful work and expertise of George Lombard the decision to refuse my 136 visa was revoked (based on more specific references from my employer) and we are now proceeding with the application. Just had medicals and sent for police checks.
Thanks George
Old Mar 17th 2007, 6:18 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decision revoked

well done, thats great news
Old Mar 17th 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought some of you might like to hear that due to the wonderful work and expertise of George Lombard the decision to refuse my 136 visa was revoked (based on more specific references from my employer) and we are now proceeding with the application. Just had medicals and sent for police checks.
Thanks George
Whooooooooohoooooo
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice

that is such cool news! good luck with everything and I lok forward to you announcing you have your visa!...loux
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:45 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks George
That is excellent!!!!!

Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:14 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

You must be beaming

Cheers,

Miranda
Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:49 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

That is such fantatic news! congratulations!

I think Mr Lombard deserves a knight hood for all his excellent work!

Jackie x
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:00 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Superb news.

Lou
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.