Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Sankev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Thanks for all good wishes.

Sold house but still lots of unfinished business....but don't feel under pressure anymore.

Good luck to everyone whether just starting.....or nearly at the end.

What a relief when it comes.....WHEW!!!!!!!!!

Sankev
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:25 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sankev
Thanks for all good wishes.

Sold house but still lots of unfinished business....but don't feel under pressure anymore.

Good luck to everyone whether just starting.....or nearly at the end.

What a relief when it comes.....WHEW!!!!!!!!!

Sankev
another congratulations ...............well, what a week!

good luck for the future.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

finona is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi this is a long thread so apologise if it has already been covered. I have been in Australia since July 2007. Just getting sponsored for a permanent residency visa through my work (currently on a 457). I want to sponsor my parents to come and stay here with us. They are willing to pay the £40,000 or whatever it is to come here. How long does it take? They have seen an agent back home and seems to think it will be fairly quick. Anybody else had experience of this.

Thanks very much.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 12:28 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

The processing time to visa grant is difficult to predict with certainty, Finona, as for CP visa applications it is a function of how many applications will be ahead of your parents, and the number of visas available annually.

As a guide, CP visa applications lodged last July are being assessed by case officers presently.

My expectation is that with the increased number of CP visa applications available from 01/07/2008 (see http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=447) processing times will continue to be between 12 and 16 months. Of course in the meantime your parents might choose to spend some time with you on a long stay visitor visa, allowing for a holiday in Australia of up to 12 months.

In case of need: http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm#ouroffices

Maybe have a chat with my migration agent colleague Sarah White in our Brisbane office, or Lorraine Beaumont in Southampton.

Best regards.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 1:37 am
Just Joined

finona is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Alan
Old Jul 11th 2008, 7:46 am
Glorianic

Australia is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Congratulations to everyone that have got their visas, I spoke to my agent this morning about getting a case officier and he says they dont process them in strict date order. knowing my luck ours will be at the end. ack 16 aug 07. Anyone else got their case officers lately.

Glorian
Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:43 am
Just Joined

patience 07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charlie5
Hi Patience 07

Welcome to the forum. Presuambly you have been assigned a case officer?

Charlie
Hi Charlie
Thanks for your welcome. Yes we do have a case officer

Lodged 15 June 2007
CO 16th April 2008
Medicals 22 April sent courier
Police check (£35) sent for certificate Sat 26 April received Thursday 1 May sent to Agent to forward.
Assurance of support (centre Link) sorted and paid into the bank May
Now we are waiting for the CO to ask for the big cheque.
Can't wait to be in Au with grandchildren. How about you?
Patience 07
Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Australia
Congratulations to everyone that have got their visas, I spoke to my agent this morning about getting a case officier and he says they dont process them in strict date order. knowing my luck ours will be at the end. ack 16 aug 07. Anyone else got their case officers lately.

Glorian
they seme to be still processing applications acknowledged in july 07 so with your august ack you should get a case officer soon!!
Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Sleeping Beauty;6556007]derek, well what can i say. it seems so long ago that you were in Cyprus and waiting. it has been a long haul. is your new house in the same area as you are in now? i might see it on 'surf rescue', that tends to home in on Avoca Beach

thankyou for your good wishes. take care.
xx[/QUOTE
Yes it the same house and we will have been there a year in a couple of weeks! The people in the village know us now-----especially at the coffee shop.
Keep an eye open on Surf Rescue then, I have bought a Long Board and am a keen surfing 'learner'! Caught a really bad cold off the g'children on a weekend sleepout/visit though so keeping quiet at the moment.
Keep up the good work on the thread, we all still follow it! Reminds us how lucky we were!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

ozdog is on a distinguished road

Red letter Day yesterday - Friday

Passports returned with Visas - they are orange !

Exchanged contracts on house sale, completion Friday 1st August.

Tickets booked Sunday 3rd August - arrive Perth 3pm Monday.

Emily and Dylan - Grandma and Grandad coming to get you !!!

Old Jul 12th 2008, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Sankev is an unknown quantity at this point

Ozdog

What a wonderful feeling.

I bet you can't wait.

I bet they can't wait either.

Our Visas should be here next week....we have posted passports.

All good stuff

Good Luck and Bon Voyage

Sankev
Old Jul 13th 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi

Well, what a week that was and I was only watching all the action from the sideline.

Congratulations to all those who now have their visas after a long wait. Best if luck in the next stage of your own personal project.

I am hoping that there are now loads of spare case officers about to pick up my application. Ever an optimist.

Charlie
Old Jul 13th 2008, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

You and me both charlie5! Mums application is about a week behind yours so we're watching progress daily.

congrats to all those now free to make the move!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:46 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sankev
Caz

absolutely wonderful.....fantastic.....brilliant....congratul ations.

Have a wonderful party.

Sankev
Well done guys, when did you apply?
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

caveman1 will become famous soon enoughcaveman1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by charlie5
Hi

Well, what a week that was and I was only watching all the action from the sideline.

Congratulations to all those who now have their visas after a long wait. Best if luck in the next stage of your own personal project.

I am hoping that there are now loads of spare case officers about to pick up my application. Ever an optimist.

Charlie
Agree, it's been great that all the CPV's caught up in the backlog have been getting their visa's at last and congratulations to them all. Now hopefully we will start seeing posts for case officers. I can't believe they are still on July .....argh. We have been waiting since 4th September 2007 for one.

Rita

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.