Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:43 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by Sankev
Hi,

We seem to be in the same position as many other people. We applied in March 2007, and were allocated a Case Officer in November 2007. We had our medicals and police checks done,and our AOS was paid in December. On the 4th of January we were told that we should be asked for our 2nd VAC within the next 8 weeks, and then everything ground to a halt. To say that we are frustrated is putting it mildly.

I am wondering if all those at our stage will all be granted their visas in July(please God), or will there be some sort of staging system.

Good luck to every one; we can't wait to join our daughter and her family.

Regards, Sankev
hi sankev and welcome to BE

from what mum/dads CO said to me, the priority will be to those that have submitted their bond (and rightly so me thinks). there will be a lot of visa grants come july. there cant be too many in this position, where the AoS bond has been lodged. are you using an agent or going alone? have you a house to sell or can you just up and leave? there are now 4 on BE from what i know who are in this position. i kone there are other websites etc, so it would be interesting to see how many applicants are in this position.

i hope you hear soon xx
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Sankev is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sleeping Beauty, thanks for your welcome.

We are using an agent. We are in the happy position of having sold our house,
although the exchange rate is a worry. We are currently living with my mother-in-law, so that my wife can have some quality time with her Mum, who will be 90 this year, but is still quite active. There are two other sisters who will keep an eye on Mum after we go.
So, as soon as they say we can go, we can go!

Regards, Sankev
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:18 am
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
i spoke to mum/dads case officer this week, she was very nice and i spent about 10 minutes chatting to her. basically she says for the people in mum/dads, cazbeckham, ozdog position, the 2nds vacs payment will probably be asked for in june............THATS 2 MONTHS OFF GUYS!!!!!!!!.......yay!

this obviously isnt a definate, but still even if the 2nd vacs payment is asked for 01/02 jul and visa issued the day after!!!!!!! this time since the freeze has gone reasonably quickly. good things come to those who wait

i know that you have had the wait with your children's visa application and then yours on top, and i know it has been a long slog, but you are soooooo nearly there.....hip hip hurray
ozdog

When are you going to ask for the three month extension? Would we have to wait till we are asked for payment then ask just before we pay it or what?
Don't suppose we can ask for it now can we?

Our house is not going on the market till end of May (we have until mid Nov to validate) as we run a small internet photography business and I will not be closing that down till the last minute. Then got to reopen it when we get to Australia - (first stop Bank). So just hope that the house will sell quickly when we put it on the market.

We couldnt go over to validate then come back to sell house as our business has to be up and running straight away with no gaps so if house isnt sold we may have to leave it with estate agents to do the deed for us, but hope not.

Best of luck

Caz
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

ozdog is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
ozdog

When are you going to ask for the three month extension? Would we have to wait till we are asked for payment then ask just before we pay it or what?
Don't suppose we can ask for it now can we?

Our house is not going on the market till end of May (we have until mid Nov to validate) as we run a small internet photography business and I will not be closing that down till the last minute. Then got to reopen it when we get to Australia - (first stop Bank). So just hope that the house will sell quickly when we put it on the market.

We couldnt go over to validate then come back to sell house as our business has to be up and running straight away with no gaps so if house isnt sold we may have to leave it with estate agents to do the deed for us, but hope not.

Best of luck

Caz
Caz

We had not anticipated being able to go to Oz until July/August anyway, bearing in mind we have to sell up arrange for pets etc. so in some ways apart from the lack of certainty, the delay doesn't affect our plans. We have decided to market our house now as originally planned (advertised last weekend) and 'play it by ear'. We will not ask for an extension until we think we need it (if the house doesn't sell or whatever). We are great believers in 'que sera, sera'!

Ozdog
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:25 pm
CazBeckham

Originally Posted by ozdog
Caz

We had not anticipated being able to go to Oz until July/August anyway, bearing in mind we have to sell up arrange for pets etc. so in some ways apart from the lack of certainty, the delay doesn't affect our plans. We have decided to market our house now as originally planned (advertised last weekend) and 'play it by ear'. We will not ask for an extension until we think we need it (if the house doesn't sell or whatever). We are great believers in 'que sera, sera'!

Ozdog
Thanks for your reply Ozdog
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:13 am
lol
Forum Regular

lol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant future

hi there

Someone may of already answered this question... sorry !! but when do we expect to hear how many visas will be allocated and I cant believe they allow you to lodge your bond and then you hear nothing. We lodged our bond about 4 weeks ago and then all had gone quite. thanks guys for your help
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:32 am
CazBeckham

Originally Posted by lol
hi there

Someone may of already answered this question... sorry !! but when do we expect to hear how many visas will be allocated and I cant believe they allow you to lodge your bond and then you hear nothing. We lodged our bond about 4 weeks ago and then all had gone quite. thanks guys for your help
Lol

Our bond was lodged and cleared mid December last year and now we will still have to wait until 1st July until the new quota starts up again.

And prob only get a three month extension to validate which should really be 6 months in our case as it will have been 6 months before we get our visa from originally planned till they run out which wasn't our fault.
Still not got house on market as Sods Law will say if it goes on now before visa arrives we will sell quickly so hope it sells quick by the time we get our visa.
We have an internet photographic business so if we sold early and had to go into rented I would still have to take all my accounts stuff with me till I am ready to fly out, plus I really don't want the added expense of most of our pension going into paying rent.

Fingers crossed when we sell it will all go smoothly, she says hopefully

Best of luck

Caz
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lol
hi there

its interesting that they are still taking assurances of support - i wouldve thought they would have stopped taking cash until they start issuing visa's again - guess that makes me a bit naive - I suppose they need a steady stream of cash coming in even when they aren't actually issuing visa's!!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 3:48 pm
CazBeckham

Originally Posted by donovandenese
its interesting that they are still taking assurances of support - i wouldve thought they would have stopped taking cash until they start issuing visa's again - guess that makes me a bit naive - I suppose they need a steady stream of cash coming in even when they aren't actually issuing visa's!!
Hi

I thought that they had stopped taking the AOS as friends of ours was told by their CO that they will not be asked for the AOS until nearer the time when the visas will start to be issued again.
We were just about to be asked for our 2nd VAC which I think was on the same say they put a halt on them - how bad is that!!!!!
You would have thought that us being that close they would have let us through as I believe that they had a few visas in hand for that very purpose.
Hey Ho!!!!! just a life on hold thing again but bloody annoying..............

Caz
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:37 am
lol
Forum Regular

lol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by donovandenese
My thoughts too !! We are using an agent and I was surprised when we were asked by our CO to sort out our AOS and then log the bond. Hopefully things will get moving soon and we can all be on our way.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

glorianic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone waiting for a case officier, who is next in the queue if we all put our dates down when were were acknowledged we can keep an eye on the time scale, I was acknowledged on the 16th August 2007 and I am hoping to hear may or june ha! ha!
Gloria

Originally Posted by lol
My thoughts too !! We are using an agent and I was surprised when we were asked by our CO to sort out our AOS and then log the bond. Hopefully things will get moving soon and we can all be on our way.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:17 am
CazBeckham

Originally Posted by lol
lol

When did you pay your bond and has your CO given any indications as to when the 2nd VAC is to be paid?

All the talk has been speculative saying that we will be asked for our 2nd vac around May or June!!!!

Caz
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:45 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

My parents applied for a parent visa last June & changed to the CPV one in Feb 08. I have read that as they applied originally in June but have now transfered that they will get priority processing. Does anyone know if goes off the original June application date or the Feb08 one?
Thanks
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

caveman1 will become famous soon enoughcaveman1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by glorianic
Hi everyone waiting for a case officier, who is next in the queue if we all put our dates down when were were acknowledged we can keep an eye on the time scale, I was acknowledged on the 16th August 2007 and I am hoping to hear may or june ha! ha!
Gloria
We had acknowledgement of cpv on 4th Sept 2007. So hope to have CO June/July.......We hope.. meanwhile we are just waiting along with every one else.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

good luck, keep us informed, it will help us all.

Best wishes. Lin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.