Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Are Alan or George more likely to find out what's going on???

Are Alan or George more likely to find out what's going on???

Old Mar 12th 2003, 9:10 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are Alan or George more likely to find out what's going on???

Hi all,

Am seriously thinking of getting Alan or George onto my case now as it is now 8 months since application..nurse!!(skilled independant extra 5 points from hubby)
BUT what difference could hiring an agent at this late stage make?? Would I be wasting my dosh??

Would either of them be able to find out any more info than I already have..which I hasten to add is nothing!!

Do they have contacts at ASPC that would be able to give them that info???

Ive phoned, emailed etc etc to no avail other than a slap on the wrists return email form case officer saying that case is being considered!!!...and not to waste his time by asking for replies!

I know that we shouldn't contact them so I have not unless absolutely necessary..until January when I began worrying...
My anxiety is rising....

Welcome any replies...

:scared:
Old Mar 12th 2003, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Yvsie,

I really sympathise.....

We're using George on our case and he has been very helpful to the extent of letting me ring him at an ungodly hour of the morning (Aus time)! He discovered that we would have a problem getting a visa while Mark's still in the Navy through a phone call to DIMIA. What I'm saying is somebody like him could probably ring a contact at DIMIA and say, "I've just been instructed re Mr and Mrs X....Could you just pull their application out and find out what the problem is here?" You would obviously need to negotiate a fee with him but surely it wouldn't be much? (He's charging us $2000 to do the whole of our application including skills assessment.)

Hope this helps...

Nicola
Old Mar 13th 2003, 9:01 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nicola...
I may email them and see what they can do...if anything.....sob!
Old Mar 14th 2003, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

All in all ours took roughly about 10 months (not including our skills assessment from ANC). We sent off our application in October 2001 and was asked to submit our medicals in July with our Visa granted in September 2002. We went on my occupation as a nurse (hubby a nurse too).

I can understand your anxiety, especially with nursing. Our case was fairly straighformward so we did not use an agent. However I think if you have the money and it would give you peace of mind then it might save some sleepless nights.

Good luck with things and if I can help in anyway let me know.

Ginny
Old Mar 14th 2003, 9:36 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

Thanks Ginny

Ive emailed George and I may ask him to enquire for me.

We're doing medicals tomorrow morning and X-rays 25th, so will be sending all the stuff off by end of March ...hopefully we will have heard by then....
The main thing Im worrying about is...is all the paper work ok?..do they need any more info?...
I emailed case officer about it but didnt get a response which answered my questions..just a rap on the knuckles!!!!!

Thanks Ginny for your support

Last edited by yvsie; Mar 14th 2003 at 10:30 am.
Old Mar 14th 2003, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Yvsie, Good luck for the medicals tomorrow. You'll be fine, just pee in a straight line

Mash...

Originally posted by yvsie
Thanks Ginny

Ive emailed George and I may ask him to enquire for me.

We're doing medicals tomorrow morning and X-rays 25th, so will be sending all the stuff off by end of April...hopefully we will have heard by then....
The main thing Im worrying about is...is all the paper work ok?..do they need any more info?...
I emailed case officer about it but didnt get a response which answered my questions..just a rap on the knuckles!!!!!

Thanks Ginny for your support
Old Mar 14th 2003, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mashiraz
Yvsie, Good luck for the medicals tomorrow. You'll be fine, just pee in a straight line

Mash...
And drink lots of water first!!!!!
Old Mar 14th 2003, 10:33 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

This has been the first Friday Ive not been able to have a few drinks...would hate to smell of booze in the morning!!!

oh well....better go to bed...need my beauty sleep....
...got everything together...
It should be fun getting the kids to wee in the pots in the morning!!!!!!

cheque book to the ready!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2003, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

This has been the first Friday Ive not been able to have a few drinks...would hate to smell of booze in the morning!!!

oh well....better go to bed...need my beauty sleep....
...got everything together...
It should be fun getting the kids to wee in the pots in the morning!!!!!!

cheque book to the ready!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi there

Good luck with everything. Just a wee question. Have you been asked for the medicals or are you just getting them done? If you've been asked then if it's anything like ours it shouldn't be too long. We submitted the medicals and police checks in August and were granted the visa in September.

Hang on in there and if there's anything we can do just shout.

Ginny
Old Mar 15th 2003, 10:36 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

Hi,

Well we had the medicals and I'd covered every eventuality with me (I have a mild systolic flow murmour..heart..), ie I had all the letters re this cos I knew that the doc would want it..
BUT our oldest daughter has got one too!!!!!..which we didn't know about. So we now have to get a private cardiology opinion cos the waiting list is about 12 weeks !!!!
Megga bucks I reckon cos the GP who did the med said that she will need a cardiac echo (ultra sound scan of heart).So the cheque book is gonna be hurting big style eh????

Good thing is...we arent having x-rays till 25th so hopefully we will be able to have investigations done in between.
Another surprising thing...the doctors send the stuff to Adelaide...fee £12:00..which I dont think is bad.....(mind you I don't know if that is just for box standard mail...hmmph...I think I'll check!!!!).....
should I make sure that they send the x-ray films too????...think Ive seen it written somewhere that Adelaide require em?????

Just thought I'd let you all know!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2003, 10:41 pm
jsg
Forum Regular

jsg is an unknown quantity at this point

The letter we got from Adelaide with the medical forms said that the X-ray films should be sent too.
Old Mar 15th 2003, 10:45 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

[thanks!!..I'll make sure they send em!
Old Mar 16th 2003, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Yvsie,

Thank goodness at least you have had the medicals done now to find this all out. Its best to get it checked out with your daughter anyway.

One step closer maybe?
Mash...

[thanks!!..I'll make sure they send em!