Aim

Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aim

At last, a positive AIM assessment has come back for hubby!!!!!!!
Its such a relief..................now we need to complete the sponsorship form for SA.........I hope we don't have to wait as long for the results of that (the AIM has taken about 9 weeks, even though its supposed to be quick......)

Good luck to anyone still waiting............
Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aim

Originally posted by bettytweena
Its such a relief..................now we need to complete the sponsorship form for SA.........I hope we don't have to wait as long for the results of that (the AIM has taken about 9 weeks, even though its supposed to be quick......)

Congrats on getting the positive assessment back.
We are still waiting for my TRA which I'm expecting within a week, fingers crossed.
We are filling the SA forms as well as the 1244 form to send off to our agent. Hopefully she should receive it at the same time as our TRA and get the forms sent off to SA.

Lucyb applied to SA for SIR sponsorship and heard back within 2 weeks. Hopefully we'll all be the same.

Graham
Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:22 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Congrats on a positive assessment

Badri
Old Aug 4th 2004, 9:23 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Congrats on a positive assessment

Badri
Old Aug 4th 2004, 10:35 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

I am really pleased that you have recieved a positive skills assessment from AIM. At least now you are able to progress to the visa application.

Rob

Old Aug 4th 2004, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lesley
Sent you a PM but your box was full (Ooeer Missis)

I'll sent you an email.

Graham
Old Aug 4th 2004, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Lesley
Just tried to email you but it wont release your email address.
If you PM me with your email I reply to your PM you sent me.

Graham
Old Aug 4th 2004, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Sorry Graham,

I've pm'd you again with details!!!!!!!
Old Aug 4th 2004, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry Graham,

I've pm'd you again with details!!!!!!!

Got it thanks

email on its way.

Graham
Old Oct 19th 2004, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

ZimBabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bettytweena

Hi,

Am just looking through previous threads to shed some light on the AIM process. I am hopefully applying for skills assessment through AIM as I will be applying for 136 visa un der General Manager. Have already spoken to my boss etc about paperwork and references.

Can you tell me please:-

1. How do they do the assessment, is it remotely going on what paperwork you supply?
2. Can they send someone to your workplace to observe (I think this would be good, as my job is so vast).
3. I dont have a full 4 years of management experience, but I do have an NVQ Level 3 in secretarial skills (Which I feel is relevant to my job) I believe they will take education into account instead of the full 4/5 years experience?

All advise much appreciated.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Hi Zimbabe

Firstly, do you have an agent? AIM is notoriously difficult in terms of assessment, so it may be worth the money to get an agent to sort this part of the application out with you.

Secondly, take a look on here: http://www.aim.com.au/

Good luck!
Lesley

Originally Posted by ZimBabe
Hi,

Am just looking through previous threads to shed some light on the AIM process. I am hopefully applying for skills assessment through AIM as I will be applying for 136 visa un der General Manager. Have already spoken to my boss etc about paperwork and references.

1. How do they do the assessment, is it remotely going on what paperwork you supply?
2. Can they send someone to your workplace to observe (I think this would be good, as my job is so vast).
3. I dont have a full 4 years of management experience, but I do have an NVQ Level 3 in secretarial skills (Which I feel is relevant to my job) I believe they will take education into account instead of the full 4/5 years experience?

Old Oct 20th 2004, 8:53 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

As Lesley has said, AIM are extremely difficult and perhaps one of the hardest assessors to get through.

My wife, being a senior human resorce manager, over eight years experience of managing over 100 staff did not get a positve skills assessment. (A long story though as she had problems with the MD as when AIM were in contact with her employers, he played her role down in the hope that AIM would fail her and that she stayed with her current employers)

Currently getting my skills assessed by TRA. Should have no problems

You do need to have at least, i think, five years experience minimum (Without qualifications) but will not pass you on just qualifications but will take the qualifications into consideration when assessing you.

Hope that helps

Rob

Hi,

Old Oct 20th 2004, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

ZimBabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the information, I have read so many posts about AIM and how difficult they can be, and I read all your posts with interest (right back to May 04).

My boss has been extremely supportive (or maybe just wants rid of me!) although he did say he couldn't lie which I would never ask him to do anyway. From what I have read from various threads and the AIM website, it seems I just dont have the experience in years. So no luck with my 60 point job.

I wouldn't make the points on a 50 point job, so am going back to look at what I had in mind previously which is the Student visa, it is a risk but am hoping to do a Diploma in Building Surveying and use my 20 hours a week to train as a Bricklayer. At least then my options are covered i.e. Australian qualifications relevant to my nominated career which would be Bricklayer (60 points) getting the experience over 2 years whilst studying, I hope I have worked it out right but am still doing the research.

Time is ticking though as courses start at the end of February!!!!

Many thanks again for your help and yours Bettytweena
Old Oct 20th 2004, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

No problem, stick at it, you'll find a path in, it just sometimes isn't straightforward.....

Good luck
Lesley

Thank you for the information, I have read so many posts about AIM and how difficult they can be, and I read all your posts with interest (right back to May 04).

My boss has been extremely supportive (or maybe just wants rid of me!) although he did say he couldn't lie which I would never ask him to do anyway. From what I have read from various threads and the AIM website, it seems I just dont have the experience in years. So no luck with my 60 point job.

I wouldn't make the points on a 50 point job, so am going back to look at what I had in mind previously which is the Student visa, it is a risk but am hoping to do a Diploma in Building Surveying and use my 20 hours a week to train as a Bricklayer. At least then my options are covered i.e. Australian qualifications relevant to my nominated career which would be Bricklayer (60 points) getting the experience over 2 years whilst studying, I hope I have worked it out right but am still doing the research.

Old Oct 20th 2004, 2:16 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Thumbs up Re: Aim

There is always a way if you are determined.

We have had many knock backs on this roller cloaster ride but still we are on our feet and are more determined than ever before to get to Oz

Rob