Agents

Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Andrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to all
Default Agents

Hello to everyone both in the U.K and OZ.
I am so new to this i find myself nervous just writing this e-mail.
My family and I visited Perth last year and on that trip alone decided that OZ was far better than anything the U.K had to offer.
We have been to a few Exhibitions and seminars and are now at that stage that we want to "just do it".
We visited an agent called "Montfort International plc" a couple of days ago and were very close to putting down a deposit, only the Guy seemed a little to keen to take our money. They were more "Re-locators" dealing with Pension Transfers, Visa and helping to adjust when in Oz. However the fees were also different to some Agents...£5500 is what we were Quoted, about £3000 would be for the Visa and the rest was for the Pension/financial transfers.
This may sound as if we are very Wealthy people, but we are a normal British family, i am an Electrician (36), my wife is a Carer (36) and we have 2 daughters (12 & 8) we do not have a lot of savings (only what is tied up in the house) and I've paid into a couple of Pension schemes since i was about 21.
This is the Nervous bit....Appointing an "Agent" Scary or what, looking through the e-mails posted on the Forum, I see several Names/companies mentioned, but which one? can someone who has been through it all with similar circumstances to ours please help? What price should i look at paying? Is £5500 a lot?
Many Thanks Mark
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:30 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all
Default Re: Agents

I would steer clear of re-location agents, they offer a whole package and charge for it too.
If you are looking for an agent for TRA and VISA try Ian Harrop, think it's www.ianharrop.co.uk
Good luck
Cal
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:41 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search on this site for the name you have mentioned ... and maybe talk to one or two other advisors.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by Andrews2oz
Hello to everyone both in the U.K and OZ.
I am so new to this i find myself nervous just writing this e-mail.
My family and I visited Perth last year and on that trip alone decided that OZ was far better than anything the U.K had to offer.
We have been to a few Exhibitions and seminars and are now at that stage that we want to "just do it".
We visited an agent called "Montfort International plc" a couple of days ago and were very close to putting down a deposit, only the Guy seemed a little to keen to take our money. They were more "Re-locators" dealing with Pension Transfers, Visa and helping to adjust when in Oz. However the fees were also different to some Agents...£5500 is what we were Quoted, about £3000 would be for the Visa and the rest was for the Pension/financial transfers.
This may sound as if we are very Wealthy people, but we are a normal British family, i am an Electrician (36), my wife is a Carer (36) and we have 2 daughters (12 & 8) we do not have a lot of savings (only what is tied up in the house) and I've paid into a couple of Pension schemes since i was about 21.
This is the Nervous bit....Appointing an "Agent" Scary or what, looking through the e-mails posted on the Forum, I see several Names/companies mentioned, but which one? can someone who has been through it all with similar circumstances to ours please help? What price should i look at paying? Is £5500 a lot?
Many Thanks Mark
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:48 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Just search on here for recommended agents, then give them a ring for a free initial assessment.

George Lombard or GoMatilda are two agents people recommend. Good luck!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya

We are using GoMatilda - They got us through the TRA "so far so good". We're just about to send off the visa application

Hubby is also an Electrician and we are headed for Perth too. If you need any advice on the TRA give us a nudge

Best regards
Karen & Ash
Old Feb 16th 2007, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Hiya

We are using GoMatilda - They got us through the TRA "so far so good". We're just about to send off the visa application

Hubby is also an Electrician and we are headed for Perth too. If you need any advice on the TRA give us a nudge

Best regards
Karen & Ash
Good luck - no advice with recommended agents as ours were cr*p!!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 4:21 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
I would steer clear of re-location agents, they offer a whole package and charge for it too.
If you are looking for an agent for TRA and VISA try Ian Harrop, think it's www.ianharrop.co.uk
Good luck
Cal
i second that,ian harrop is fantastic 1000%professional.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi never used an agent so can't give any advice there, however just wanted to say good luck with your application.

Donna & Neil
Old Feb 16th 2007, 5:47 pm
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

please please please

do not use

Migration Bureau

as per my thread trying to get rid as getting ripped off

Paula
Old Feb 16th 2007, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

Hi

E mail [email protected] Hes a top guy and knows his stuff and compared to some fees Iv seen theirs are resonable. Its not writen in stone you have to use an agent many on here have DIY ed and got through.

Good luck
Amanda
Old Feb 16th 2007, 7:26 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Agents

I'm just starting out with my application and going solo but my sister who is now in aus and loving it used 4corners cost them about £3000 but they were more than happy