which agent should I use???

Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:40 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Default which agent should I use???

Hi, Somebody PLEASE give me some good advice on choosing a decent agent. It really is a maze out there! I have approached 3 agents so far (all registered) but they have all given me different advice. I don't want to screw up my chances, so this is probably THE most important decision.

Can anyone recommend a good one?

Many thanks, in advance!!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:21 am
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: which agent should I use???

Originally Posted by Carruss
Hi, Somebody PLEASE give me some good advice on choosing a decent agent. It really is a maze out there! I have approached 3 agents so far (all registered) but they have all given me different advice. I don't want to screw up my chances, so this is probably THE most important decision.

Without doubt either George Lombard at www.austimmigration.com.au or Alan Collet/Glen Newton at gomatilda.com. All of the above have excellent reputations and post on here a lot. I wish we would have found this site before employing an agent. One thing that you must ensure is that they are registered.

Regards

Lucy
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:29 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: which agent should I use???

Hello,

There have been some good discussions on this topic, have attached some threads for you to look at ....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=agents
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=agents

Good Luck
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Wozza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carruss

Don't use the one I'm using - CLB, Aldwych London. Youknow who I mean!!

Woz.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

I agree with Lucyemma5.

George Lombard (we used him and he was great) and Alan Collett are definately the right people to approach for a solid honest answer if you are starting out on the process.

If they think you will not gain enough points they will tell you and they will be right. If however, you do score enough points then they will help you through the process.

Good luck
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Guocera is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: which agent should I use???

Hi Carruss

We are currently using George Lombard and can definatly recommend him. He is fantastic - he always replies to you emails quickly and is nothing but helpful. He knows exactly what he is talking about. We chose him through recommendations off this site. Alan Collett (Go Matilda) is also highly recommended on this site.

Good Luck!!!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

tomasking is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: which agent should I use???

I also definately recommend George Lombard, we used him and visa has just been approved (many thanks George and team), fees are very very reasonable as well.
George gives honest advise and like already mentioned he will say whether you stand a chance or not. George is very efficent and when info is received from DIMIA you will always get an email through with a copy of scanned docs attached, and then the original is posted to you immediately after.
Very Pleased and well worth recommendation.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:58 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Well if it helps I have met George personally and can verify that he is not the "sleazy politician" type that the photograph on his web site would suggest! ;->