Agent required

Old May 7th 2008, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Andrew_Booth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Agent required

My first steps, i hope for a better life than here in the uk. I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction of a good agent.

Andrew
Old May 7th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Agent required

just replied to your other post - if nobody contacts you, try typing in your county on google with "migration agent" - see if anyone comes up. At least then you could always go round and speak face to face

But I've not jumped that bridge yet!

How long have you wanted to go to oz? I've wanted to move for 4 years, and still feel like i'm getting nowhere!
Old May 8th 2008, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

I've spoken to one company called VISA BUREAU and they have quoted me £4,500 is that a lot as im unsure, they have told be they will refund any monies back to me if im unsuccessful and they are fairly confident of getting me a 175 visa. Let me know your thoughts.

Andrew
Old May 8th 2008, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

the brammers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We used an agent although people manage to do the process with out.

We used Ian Harrop and they were fantastic we got our visa 2 weeks ago.

Hope that helps

sharon
Old May 8th 2008, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

pagey67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have been looking at agents and had Go Matilda recommended by a few people. They have quoted me $1980 for VETASSESS and $1800 for 175 visa if our case is straight forward plus DIAC/VETASSESS fees.

I thought this was quite reasonable.
Old May 8th 2008, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

innojuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I can recommend Lawrie Markham at Sunset Coast Migration.

Here's a link to his website: http://www.sunmigration.com.au/.

He's an Aussie currently based in the UK with the right contacts in Autralia.

The figure you have been quoted (4,500) seems extremely high.
Old May 8th 2008, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

Visa Bureau are very good, as are Ian Harrop and Visa-Go. I think they all charge around the same for a skilled visa (£1600 or thereabouts). You will have skill assessment and visa lodgement fees, medicals and police clearances on top of that so perhaps the £4500 includes those. Get a few other quotes and take it from there.
Old May 8th 2008, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

I know the skills assessment is included into the price but not sure about the medical and police checks.
Old May 8th 2008, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Andrew_Booth
I know the skills assessment is included into the price but not sure about the medical and police checks.
Medicals and police checks are extra I'm afraid.
Good luck though. hope it all runs smoothly!
Old May 9th 2008, 12:05 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I've spoken to one company called VISA BUREAU and they have quoted me £4,500 is that a lot as im unsure
Yes, that is a lot! Try and get some other quotes: Ian Harrop, Goerge Lombard, Go Matilda.

We used "Go Matilda" and they were excellent: www.gomatilda.com

They'll do a free initial assessment as well.

Gina
Old May 9th 2008, 12:21 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I would expect Visa Bureau's charges noted above to include the charges payable to TRA and DIAC.

Best regards.
Old May 9th 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Eammon is on a distinguished road

Hi

It would be worth asking them.

We're still quite early in the process (waiting for a date for the practical skills assessment) - we're using Visa Bureau and we have found them great, right from the very beginning

When we decided to go with them, they broke down all of their costs and advised us what we needed to budget to cover the process from start to finish which would cover their fees, vat, medicals, police checks, government fees, etc.

Good luck with it all

Denise
Old May 9th 2008, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Thanks you guys for all the advice, ive also spoken to Go matilda today and im waiting for a consultant to contact me next week so i will know which one to go with.
Old May 9th 2008, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

crystal-gaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are using Thinking Australia with Darrell. Liz & their team. They are great, prompt with answering questions, happy to help, good connections. You can meet him 1 to 1 to discuss your needs (free), you can attend his seminars which are held all over the UK (free). He holds 100% success rate & his fees are set at £1850, which is They even have a their own forum were you can go on & chat to other people like this forum here.

We looked at lots of migration agents but found that this block was down to earth Ozzie with a single mind to get you into Oz. His link is: http://www.thinkingaustralia.com/

Good luck with everything.

Crystal
Old May 11th 2008, 7:45 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I recommend that you ensure persons managing migration agencies and who give advice on visa strategies are suitably qualified.

You can search the MARA website here:
http://www.themara.com.au/Online/ARS...asp?DeptID=140

Caveat emptor.

Best regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.