agent or go it alone?

Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

roberta1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default agent or go it alone?

Hi,

I have a telephone consultation with an agent tomorrow morning (free initial consultation), I am told their fees are £1800 per case (discounted), I will find out more details of their services tomorrow. So this is just another almost £2k over and above everything else which has to be paid; which tbh I would prefer to put towards settling in over there.

So is this a competitive price? Is the visa process do-able on your own without using an agent or is an agent preferable? What are your experiences?Thanks in advance for any relplies
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: agent or go it alone?

Hi Roberta,

I myself am using a visa agent Go Matilda for the process of moving from Uk to aus to work as a nurse.
I have done tons of research about whether to use one or not and if so who to use, to be honest Im using one because im working full time and havent really got time/energy to continue with the research myself.
I dont think the process is too difficult (otherwise no one would bother) but as Im doing the nursing thing theres loads of paperwork type stuff I need to organise and for that reason an agent is helpful.
Ive also been quoted £1800 for their service which was actually cheaper than i had imagined anyway.
If youre visa is straight forward I probably wouldnt bother with an agent as the forms seem doable.
Hope this help?!
Yvette
Old Jan 16th 2014, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Yvette,

Thanks for your reply, I am also a nurse, so haven't yet began that process yet either!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Do you know what visa you want? I'm applying for the 189 skilled independent which is a preeminent visa with no restrictions on where you can work, however I think it takes longer to get granted, the 190 is state or employer sponsored which means that you have to get sponsored my one state or employer and work there for your first two years, this one has priority for processing so may be quicker. Have you sorted your English test yet?
Old Jan 16th 2014, 9:18 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YvetteCamille
Do you know what visa you want? I'm applying for the 189 skilled independent which is a preeminent visa with no restrictions on where you can work, however I think it takes longer to get granted, the 190 is state or employer sponsored which means that you have to get sponsored my one state or employer and work there for your first two years, this one has priority for processing so may be quicker. Have you sorted your English test yet?
Not everyone needs to do the English test yet - if you have a British passport that will satisfy the requirements for DIBP. Some however will need a higher standard for their skills assessment, and some take the IELTS test for points.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Not everyone needs to do the English test yet - if you have a British passport that will satisfy the requirements for DIBP. Some however will need a higher standard for their skills assessment, and some take the IELTS test for points.
I've never understood that. Some people with British passports can't speak English. But that's another story.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 1:42 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I've never understood that. Some people with British passports can't speak English. But that's another story.
It is a funny one.

As well as being a passport holder, you do need to be a citizen
Old Jan 17th 2014, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

billybophead is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am to going through a agent aswell Go matilda. I think I was quoted 1800 for her service but the bill round about 8500 :-(. I only have 55 points so have to do the english test for a further 10 points. The cost off the test is £145 . You can do a mock test for £25 think that is a better option so you no what to expect.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roberta1980
Hi,

I have a telephone consultation with an agent tomorrow morning (free initial consultation), I am told their fees are £1800 per case (discounted), I will find out more details of their services tomorrow. So this is just another almost £2k over and above everything else which has to be paid; which tbh I would prefer to put towards settling in over there.

So is this a competitive price? Is the visa process do-able on your own without using an agent or is an agent preferable? What are your experiences?Thanks in advance for any relplies
I do think that is about normal for agent fees for a permanent skilled migrant visa, which I trust is what you are going for. I would not be spending that kind of money on one of those lifestyle companies that promise to find you a job and a sponsor however.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 9:34 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=billybophead;11082628]Hi I am to going through a agent aswell Go matilda. I think I was quoted 1800 for her service but the bill round about 8500 :-(. QUOTE]

Hi, can you just clarify the above statement please - it sounds as though you're saying that Go Matilda quoted a specific price for equally specific work and then charged you thousands of dollars more for no additional work. That may not be how you meant your comment to read, so clarifying will avoid giving people the wrong impression
Old Jan 17th 2014, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your comments, I haven't sat the English competency test yet, I notice there are 2, the ielts and the oet which is recommended for health professionals, does it matter which one I sit? There are no oet centres locally!

Also, the emigration agent didn't phone this morning :-(
Old Jan 17th 2014, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by roberta1980
Thanks for your comments, I haven't sat the English competency test yet, I notice there are 2, the ielts and the oet which is recommended for health professionals, does it matter which one I sit? There are no oet centres locally!

Also, the emigration agent didn't phone this morning :-(
If you need to take an English test, most people do IELTS - but check which you need as there are two IELTS tests - general or academic
Old Jan 17th 2014, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

I have checked and to practice as a nurse in aus (unless you are already registered) for the ANMAC skills assessment you MUST undertake IETLS and score 7 or above.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 9:50 am
Banned

luqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond reputeluqmans65 has a reputation beyond repute

hi roberta i have sent you a private message do check that. Regards
Old Jan 17th 2014, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by YvetteCamille
I have checked and to practice as a nurse in aus (unless you are already registered) for the ANMAC skills assessment you MUST undertake IETLS and score 7 or above.
Do you know if they want you to do the general or academic tests?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.