Wikiposts

which agent?

Old Jan 6th 2008, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which agent?

Find one who has a perfect record in your occupation for the skills assessment. If they are a registered agent then they are unlikely to lie about this. The visa application itself seems straight forward enough and so you will probably want to do this on your own. If thats the case, make sure you're not paying for it upfront with your agent. Some charge for the skills assessent first and then the visa application. Others might spilt it 50/50. I would advise against using the latter type of agent.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

skoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant future

Been doing some research into different agents to use. Was just about to go with 1st contact because they said we would have to make the assessment application straight away because my wife was pregnant. if we didnt do it before she went on paternity we would have to wait a further five years!!! after finding other views on this forum I found out they weren't that great. (anyone else had dealings with them???)
thinking of going for Go Matilda or Ian harrop at mo, but theres a big price difference between the two of £1200. any advice pls.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:47 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

A £1,200 price difference sounds a lot to me, knowing our respective price structures - what is your occupation and your visa pathway?

Best regards.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
A £1,200 price difference sounds a lot to me, knowing our respective price structures - what is your occupation and your visa pathway?

Best regards.
we used gomatilda and we are very happy with there level of service, they always answered every question we asked promptly, and we have our visas thanks to them
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

Ian Harrop is really good, also Visa Bureau and Visa-Go - all MARA registered and seem to have similar prices structures. There are lots of good agents around really, so it will probably come down to price and service.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

Jox_co is on a distinguished road

Hi there, we are using A & M Migration as they were recommended by friends of our who went out last year.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

hi there

we are using Go Matilda and are very happy with their service
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

skoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant futureskoots76 has a brilliant future

Best regards.
Hi Alan,
I'm a qualified Engineer but only to city & guilds. My wife is a nurse with Basic (Hons) so we will be going on her application.she has passed the skilled assessment with 120 points so we will be going for the 175 visa. I believe its a straight forward application but we have decided to use an agent for piece of mind, and are going to use Go Matilda am i right in thinking that this is the company you represent?
Printed the forms out on friday filling them out today sending them back tomorrow with first payment. Both very excited and a little scared.
Regards Ian
Old Jan 13th 2008, 12:30 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ian.

Yes, we (Go Matilda) tend to be cheaper with certain occupations - some agents charge the same fee for assisting with a skills assessment application irrespective of the occupation. We take the view that a skills assessment application for a nurse or an accountant takes less time than for (say) a trade skills assessment application, so our fees vary according to a client's occupation.

Best regards.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:54 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ian.

Yes, we (Go Matilda) tend to be cheaper with certain occupations - some agents charge the same fee for assisting with a skills assessment application irrespective of the occupation. We take the view that a skills assessment application for a nurse or an accountant takes less time than for (say) a trade skills assessment application, so our fees vary according to a client's occupation.

Best regards.
Ian, You won't go wrong using Go Matilda, I used Alan and his dedicated team and now I am living Bayside Brisbane and loving it.

I will always be greatful for how they helped me.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thats that then!! Decision has been made paperwork filled out, And started on the long road of visa application!!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:28 am
The Cairnsy's

The Cairnsys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am about to sign up with Visa Bureau and they are charging £1800 + vat, does this sound about right, has anyone else used them??
Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Cairnsys
Hi

I am about to sign up with Visa Bureau and they are charging £1800 + vat, does this sound about right, has anyone else used them??
Hi Cairnsys

We are using Visa bureau and have found them really good, there are a few people on here who have used them aswell.

minibelle
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

tynajon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am in the middle of my application to go to Victoria on a temp visa. We have used 'Live and work downunder' (http://www.liveandworkdownunder.co.uk/) for our visa. They were recommended to us by friends & they have been fantastic. Their UK office is near to where we live so I have utilised the ability to turn up at their offices whenever it suits me to chat & sort paperwork etc. They have been very accomodating (i.e. I work until 6pm everyday so whenever I have arranged to meet them they are always happy to stay behind after offic hours to suit us). They are also very polite when I turn up without an appointment. They keep us updated at every stage & have been very clear about what we need. As with all agents they are costly but are flexible with payment. They ask for half their fees upfront & the rest at the end when visa is granted. They say they dont take on applications unless they reallly believe it has a strong chance of being accepted. The visa we are going on is based on my job currently being in demand, therefore if the Aus govment decide in the meantime that my job is no longer needed & pull the plug on my visa then the agents will refund all my money (this is written into my contract) so all is black & white. They are very easy to contact by phone & reply by next day to our endless emails. Like one of the other postings said you do have to some work for yourself, ie contacting old employers, but my agent is very precise about what they need & have got each stage of our application together in advance of it being required by the immi department. Hope this helps, kind regards
Tyna
Old Jan 25th 2008, 7:29 am
Just Joined

pepsiuk will become famous soon enough

Hi we are using visa bureau also, very helpful so far....
Tommy & Andrea

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.