Aged contributory parent visa!!!!!

Old Sep 16th 2009, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

miss_india is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Aged contributory parent visa!!!!!

Hi guys,

We have lot of discussion in BE on contributory parent visa, but i would like to know peoples comments on aged contributory parents visa. My mother in law has two sons and the elder one is Australian citizen and the younger one (my hubby) got PR recently and going to Australia pretty soon for validation. I couldn’t include my mother in law in my application (I am the principle applicant) as she is not an immediate dependent on me. May be DIAC wants us to apply for an aged CPV for her? She is perfectly qualified for a PR under the family balance test now.

So my Q is how much time it would take for her to get the visa (her age is 70yrs), if we prove that both of her kids are staying in aussie and what will be the other visa options for us to take her with us, when we leave permanently to Australia. Guys your help is very much appreciated.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 4:50 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aged contributory parent visa!!!!!

Originally Posted by miss_india
Hi guys,

We have lot of discussion in BE on contributory parent visa, but i would like to know peoples comments on aged contributory parents visa.
Age is generally irrelevant for offshore applicants.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

miss_india is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
Age is generally irrelevant for offshore applicants.
but if you look in to DIAC website, there are two categories, one is contributory(subclass -143) and second is aged contributory(subclass-864). to qualify under this aged CPV the applicants age should be above 65 years. so there is thin silver line between these two and i would like to know how helpful that silver line would be.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 5:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss_india
but if you look in to DIAC website, there are two categories, one is contributory(subclass -143) and second is aged contributory(subclass-864). to qualify under this aged CPV the applicants age should be above 65 years. so there is thin silver line between these two and i would like to know how helpful that silver line would be.
Take a look at the sparkly contributory visa thread. The posters in there are all looking at the same thing you are.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 11:42 am
Banned

CrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really nice

The Aged CPV can be applied for onshore. the parent one is an offshore visa.

Processing time is 6-12 months.