"Age points" question in new points test

Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:14 am
Just Joined

wrohaim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Age points" question in new points test

Hello Everybody,

I need to know how points are precisely awarded for age in the new points test.
That is: if I am already 32 and not 33 yet upon application, will I get 30 points or 25 points ?

Ref:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...bility-age.htm

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:17 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Age points" question in new points test

Originally Posted by wrohaim
Hello Everybody,

That is: if I am already 32 and not 33 yet upon application, will I get 30 points or 25 points ?

Ref:

Your eligibility for points is determined by your age on the day of making your application.
So, if you are 32 on the day of your application, you will get 30 points

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Jul 8th 2011 at 12:38 am.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

au_immig is just really niceau_immig is just really niceau_immig is just really niceau_immig is just really niceau_immig is just really niceau_immig is just really niceau_immig is just really niceau_immig is just really niceau_immig is just really nice

Hello Everybody,

Ref:

Well its tricky but my understanding is that you'll get 25 points if you're even 1 day older than 32 years...
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:22 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by au_immig
Well its tricky but my understanding is that you'll get 25 points if you're even 1 day older than 32 years...
That's not right. If you look at the link, it quite clearly states that 25 points are awarded for the age group 33 to 39. So, if they are 32, they'll get 30 points.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:59 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
That's not right. If you look at the link, it quite clearly states that 25 points are awarded for the age group 33 to 39. So, if they are 32, they'll get 30 points.
I once heard a story on a late night tv that in some Asian cultures they add a year, so if they are 32 and a day, they started their 33rd year so to speak and they would say they are 33 if asked how old they are. Back then I thought it was nuts, but having seen this age points question come back a few times, now I begin to think there must be some truth to it.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by newjersey
I once heard a story on a late night tv that in some Asian cultures they add a year, so if they are 32 and a day, they started their 33rd year so to speak and they would say they are 33 if asked how old they are. Back then I thought it was nuts, but having seen this age points question come back a few times, now I begin to think there must be some truth to it.
I've never heard of that I imagine that's probably not how DIAC would calculate it though. Imagine the confusion!
Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

So how can we get a clear and solid answer for this from DIAC ?
Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:04 pm

Well, the answer is quite clear on the website. It's not ambiguous at all. If you're 32 on the day of application, you'll get 30 points. If you're 33, you'll get 25. However, if you need more definitive confirmation, then you could give them a call.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Well, the answer is quite clear on the website. It's not ambiguous at all. If you're 32 on the day of application, you'll get 30 points. If you're 33, you'll get 25. However, if you need more definitive confirmation, then you could give them a call.
And the reply will be 'go check the website, all info is there'.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
And the reply will be 'go check the website, all info is there'.
That would be my logic too
Old Jul 8th 2011, 1:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What's your date of birth? If you were born on or before 7 July 1978 you are over age 33 and therefore are awarded 25 points. If you were born on or after 8 July 1978 you are under age 33 and worth 30 points.

*****Note that this answer is only valid on 8 July 2011.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 1:46 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What's your date of birth? If you were born on or before 7 July 1978 you are over age 33 and therefore are awarded 25 points. If you were born on or after 8 July 1978 you are under age 33 and worth 30 points.

*****Note that this answer is only valid on 8 July 2011.
Feel free to repost it daily
Old Jul 8th 2011, 2:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newjersey
Feel free to repost it daily
Please don't.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

lloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nicelloydk is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Please don't.
If you're born 08-07-2000, then as of midnight 09-07-2011 (which is a minute after 23:59 of 08-07-2011), you have completed 11 years and are running on 12. But this makes you under 12 years of age and over 11 years of age. Gosh, this is so complicated!! Good thing I'm only 26 and don't fall at the end of the range. Or am I 27? Damn, now I can't figure out how old I am!

And that midnight is ACT (not sure which timezone - Canberra time zone, me thinks). So lodge your application before the day runs out for your birthday if you were in Canberra.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

My birth date is: 29 April 1979.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.