Age limit question

Old May 6th 2007, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

seashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really niceseashelle33 is just really nice
Default Age limit question

I know the age limit is 45, but is that for actually getting into Oz or is it for the start of the application process/visa validation?
I only ask because my hubby is 43 now and wants to wait until I finish uni to start the process.

thanks
seashelle
Old May 6th 2007, 9:44 pm
Sth Coast, UK- soon Perth

inez&ade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Age limit question

Originally Posted by seashelle33
I know the age limit is 45, but is that for actually getting into Oz or is it for the start of the application process/visa validation?
I only ask because my hubby is 43 now and wants to wait until I finish uni to start the process.

thanks
seashelle
That's by the date the application is received seashelle. The process really is a long one though so is there a chance of beginning it within your last year of Uni? You have up to 5 years to take up residency though you would have to go over on a validation trip.

Inez
Old May 10th 2007, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Mida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really nice

My husband was 45 last July. We started the process Jan 06 and used an agency to make sure that we got everything right first time, due to the lack of time. The application was received three weeks before his 45th, we had medicals and police checks done Jan 07 and we just got our visas granted yesterday

Last edited by Mida; May 10th 2007 at 9:22 pm.
Old May 11th 2007, 2:51 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mida
My husband was 45 last July. We started the process Jan 06 and used an agency to make sure that we got everything right first time, due to the lack of time. The application was received three weeks before his 45th, we had medicals and police checks done Jan 07 and we just got our visas granted yesterday
Congatulations on your visa grant Mida

If you are going to take up private health cover be sure to do it within a year of arriving, otherwise you will have to pay a levy of 2% for every year of age over 30!

Should actually credit Wendy for reminding me of this...

Last edited by ex_exile; May 11th 2007 at 4:34 am.
Old May 13th 2007, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really niceMida is just really nice

[QUOTE=ex_exile;4764248]
If you are going to take up private health cover be sure to do it within a year of arriving, otherwise you will have to pay a levy of 2% for every year of age over 30!

Thanks for that bit of info, we didn't know anything about that. Does within a year of arriving mean from the date our visas are validated or from the time that we take up permenant residence. We are going out for a month in October 07 to get our visas validated and have a reccie but it may not be until October 08 before we move out to Melbourne.
Old May 14th 2007, 3:18 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Does within a year of arriving mean from the date our visas are validated or from the time that we take up permenant residence.
As far as I understand - date of validation.
Old May 20th 2007, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
As far as I understand - date of validation.
Thanks. It looks as though we will have to bring our date for moving out forward to avoid paying extra.
Old May 24th 2007, 7:17 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. It looks as though we will have to bring our date for moving out forward to avoid paying extra.
Had a read through the regs, and it looks like its all tied up with being eligible for medicare and as you cannot sign up for medicare until you have an Australian address I'd say that its a year from when you become resident.