Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

AFP Clearance - How long yours take to your doorstep?

AFP Clearance - How long yours take to your doorstep?

Old May 28th 2009, 12:20 am
CHB
BE Enthusiast

CHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really nice
Default AFP Clearance - How long yours take to your doorstep?

Guys,
How much time does it takes when you apply Australian Federal Police Clerance certificate from the date they received your application till the date it is at our mailbox?
i am trying to estimate how many days extension i need to request from my CO as it will definitely overdue the 28days limit.
Old May 28th 2009, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: AFP Clearance - How long yours take to your doorstep?

I got mine back about 10 days after I had sent off the application. I was shocked.
Old May 28th 2009, 1:28 am
CHB
BE Enthusiast

CHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really niceCHB is just really nice

10 days!! that is lightning fast if you consider it is posted back to the applicant in a normal post, not courier service!! hopefully i can get my as soon as you too..
Old May 28th 2009, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

I did send my application via platinum post. I wanted somebody to sign for it just in case it went missing in the post.

I sent it off on a Friday. Tuesday the post website said that it had been delivered. It was then back in my mail box the following Monday.

I was very surprised. When I first saw the envelope from the AFP I thought that they had rejected the form as being incomplete or something.

The case officer will also accept evidence that you are applying for it. I used a money order from the post office so had the receipt of that and the receipt of the letter being sent should the AFP certificate have been delayed.
Old May 28th 2009, 1:40 am
CHB
BE Enthusiast

i sent mine through UPS and sent it to the Locked Bag address. the person over there refused to accept the package and give me a big headache of what going on! UPS only successfully delivered it on the 3rd attempt on this Monday morning.
Old May 28th 2009, 3:07 am
Tarun

tarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nice

i got mine in 10 days as well. applied in mackay.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:04 am
CHB
BE Enthusiast

guys,
i just got my AFP certificate. it was record breaking!! AFP received in Criminal Records Canberra on 25th May and issued on 27th May!! that is 2 days only!! thumps up guys!!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

lalitahuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,
My AFP request reached to Canberra on 22th Sept. I sent them query to know status and they replied that it has been sent back on 29th Sept. But till date I have not received. My 28 days are ending today. What should I do if I don't receive it ? Any other alternative.

Please suggest. Any clue ?

Originally Posted by CHB
guys,
i just got my AFP certificate. it was record breaking!! AFP received in Criminal Records Canberra on 25th May and issued on 27th May!! that is 2 days only!! thumps up guys!!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lalitahuja
Hi Guys,
My AFP request reached to Canberra on 22th Sept. I sent them query to know status and they replied that it has been sent back on 29th Sept. But till date I have not received. My 28 days are ending today. What should I do if I don't receive it ? Any other alternative.

Please suggest. Any clue ?
Let your CO know what's happening.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Let your CO know what's happening.
Thanx Pollyana,
I think only way to contact to CO is PLE, which I will do now. But what should I do to get AFP Certificate. If I don't receive it at all (may be lost in mail etc). Should I request AFP to resend it or send a scanned copy?

Please suggest.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 6:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx Pollyana,
I think only way to contact to CO is PLE, which I will do now. But what should I do to get AFP Certificate. If I don't receive it at all (may be lost in mail etc). Should I request AFP to resend it or send a scanned copy?

Please suggest.
Yes. If you don't receive it then contact AFP to let them know it got lost in the mail.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes. If you don't receive it then contact AFP to let them know it got lost in the mail.
Thnx Dorothy,
So I think I should wait for another week and then send email to AFP.

Old Oct 13th 2009, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough

Thnx Dorothy,
So I think I should wait for another week and then send email to AFP.

Mine took only 2 working days. Maybe it is lost in the mail.

However, it is a policy of AFP not to give reference numbers for AFP check untill the check is complete. So you wont have any proof application
Old Oct 13th 2009, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by slippery30
Mine took only 2 working days. Maybe it is lost in the mail.

However, it is a policy of AFP not to give reference numbers for AFP check untill the check is complete. So you wont have any proof application
Mine check is complete as per their reply. They completed it on 28th Sept and sent following day.

I hope it comes to my mailbox in 1-2 days time
Old Oct 13th 2009, 11:30 am
Just Joined

LJJ77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

Are you in the UK?, I am i was advised mine was completed on 29th september sent 30th and i recieved it in the post last thursday 8th October, there is another person on here that had theres sent a day before mine and they recieved the day before i did so it should be the same for you if yours was sent the same day as mine.. have you had heavy strikes where you are?

Just inform the case officer and if they want proof send them the email that AFP have sent this is what i would have done as i regularly emailed to check status. if you dont get soon i would chase afp and say it must have been lost and ask for another

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.