Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Aeronautical Engineer and Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Aeronautical Engineer and Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 5:48 am
Just Joined

AnaKoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aeronautical Engineer and Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Hi there..

i just wanted to know what is the difference between ANZSCO Code for Aeronautical Engineer 233911 and ANZSCO Code for Aircraft Maintenance Engineer 323111. as i am an aeronautical engineer of avionics specialty.. which one suits me better and against which can i apply for immigration to Australia/New Zealand.

Regards
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Default Re: New CSOL Occupation List

yes i just did.. Thanx.. my JD covers both the occupation.. but i want to know which one of the two is listed in the current requirement.. as in which one of the two is an available option to apply for immigration and which states are sponsoring the said job opportunity..
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 7:00 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnaKoo
yes i just did.. Thanx.. my JD covers both the occupation.. but i want to know which one of the two is listed in the current requirement.. as in which one of the two is an available option to apply for immigration and which states are sponsoring the said job opportunity..
Have you checked the SOL and CSOL? If occupation is on the SOL, and you have enough points, you do not need state sponsorship.

If only on the CSOL, you would need state or employer sponsorship. For states, each has a different list so will have to be checked individually.
Old Jan 9th 2014, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Have you checked the SOL and CSOL? If occupation is on the SOL, and you have enough points, you do not need state sponsorship.

If only on the CSOL, you would need state or employer sponsorship. For states, each has a different list so will have to be checked individually.
Most of the states require a CDR to be submitted is there a specific pattern or i can submit it in any format i want.

Regards
Old Jan 9th 2014, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

billybophead is an unknown quantity at this point

What is a cdr please.
Old Jan 9th 2014, 5:52 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billybophead
What is a cdr please.
A CDR is a Competency Demonstration Report, usually requested by EA for non-recognised engineers

Most of the states require a CDR to be submitted is there a specific pattern or i can submit it in any format i want.

Regards
I've not heard of states asking for a CDR - which states are you thinking of?
Old Jan 9th 2014, 9:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aeronautical Engineer and Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Posts moved to their own thread
Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:17 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Aeronautical Engineer is assessed by Engineers Australia. It is on the SOL so you would be eligible for an independent visa if you have a successful skills assessment.

Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is assessed by Trades Recognition Australia. It is on the CSOL so you will need either employer or state sponsorship.

Have a read of the descriptions and match up what you do with the appropriate job; there is a massive difference between the two occupations.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...l-engineer.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...r-avionics.htm
Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:20 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

I am state sponsored by WA and was not asked for a CDR - I wouldn't have been able to supply one anyway as I have an accredited degree and a CDR was not required for a skills assessment.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:43 am
Just Joined

A CDR is a Competency Demonstration Report, usually requested by EA for non-recognised engineers

I am thinking of applying for the year 2014 under Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) but have been told to get my skill assessed before that.. for that i am preparing my documents n some places show that i need to submit a CDR. not sure if 190 requires it or not..

i am an aeronautical engineer fulfilling the ANZSCO Code for Aeronautical Engineer 233911. can you guide me if i need to submit a CDR to Engineering Australia for my skill assessment..

Last edited by AnaKoo; Jan 10th 2014 at 9:46 am.
Old Jan 10th 2014, 9:55 am

I am thinking of applying for the year 2014 under Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) but have been told to get my skill assessed before that.. for that i am preparing my documents n some places show that i need to submit a CDR. not sure if 190 requires it or not..

i am an aeronautical engineer fulfilling the ANZSCO Code for Aeronautical Engineer 233911. can you guide me if i need to submit a CDR to Engineering Australia for my skill assessment..
If your degree is non-accredited then I believe you need to do a CDR - you should be able to find all the information here - https://www.engineersaustralia.org.a...lls-assessment
Old Jan 10th 2014, 11:51 am
Just Joined

If your degree is non-accredited then I believe you need to do a CDR - you should be able to find all the information here - https://www.engineersaustralia.org.a...lls-assessment
THANX...
Old Jan 13th 2014, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

murfi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
You can check the eligibility of an occupation in Australia here:

233911 - Aeronautical Engineer
http://www.anzscosearch.com/?anzsco=233911

323111 - Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics)
http://www.anzscosearch.com/?anzsco=323111
Old Jan 13th 2014, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

murfi is an unknown quantity at this point

See here state eligibility:

323111: Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics)

233911: Aeronautical Engineer

Last edited by murfi; Jan 13th 2014 at 11:18 pm. Reason: missing information
Old Jan 13th 2014, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by murfi
Hello,
You can check the eligibility of an occupation in Australia here:

233911 - Aeronautical Engineer

323111 - Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics)
I don't think eligibility is an issue for OP - just unsure of what needs to be done with skills assessment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.