Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

advise required on living situation for visa statement

advise required on living situation for visa statement

Old Oct 22nd 2005, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

PJ8025 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advise required on living situation for visa statement

me and my partner have been living together for 13 months and are planning to head for Australia, we are renting a house cash in hand off my family and therefor have no lease agreement. We have all bills in our names, electric, gas,water,council tax,phone etc and all correspondence sent to the address.
How can i explain or word this in our de facto statement without it sounding like we are scamming?
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advise required on living situation for visa statement

Don'y worry. just tell them how it is - like any statement, the important matter is that it is the truth. So you explain it just as you did in your post.

Tony

Originally Posted by PJ8025
me and my partner have been living together for 13 months and are planning to head for Australia, we are renting a house cash in hand off my family and therefor have no lease agreement. We have all bills in our names, electric, gas,water,council tax,phone etc and all correspondence sent to the address.
How can i explain or word this in our de facto statement without it sounding like we are scamming?
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by welshtony
Don'y worry. just tell them how it is - like any statement, the important matter is that it is the truth. So you explain it just as you did in your post.

Tony
Thanks very much!!!!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 10:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You could also get Stat Decs from the family to say what the situation is
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You could also get Stat Decs from the family to say what the situation is
Stat decs from family,friends or authority who know you as a couple, we were advised at least 6. There is an Oz form for Oz residents (888 I think, it will give your stat dec'ers a guideline of what to put), but the UK have no equiv we could find. Ask also for a photocopy of their passport data sheet - req by Oz dec'ers - not sure re uk but we sent just in case.
As far as we could see these do not need witnessing (notary/JP etc.), but I would advise for your individual declarations that you do them as an official statutory declaration and have them witnessed. Scout the faqs/google for recommended templates/wording of stat decs. and people who can witness.

Other bits;

Photos - parties/hols etc as a couple, apparently scanned copies w/o date evidence is fine (have they not seen 'Green Card'?)

Joint invitations - weddings etc

Passports - cert copies of visa stamps showing entry into hol destination at same time.

13 months is only just long enough so give as much info as possible (but watch the weight of paper stack up). Consider using an agent.

Good luck G
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: advise required on living situation for visa statement

Thanks for the advise mate it will come in handy!